1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Norv Turner to get a contract extension

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 23, 2009.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,777
    Wait, wait, I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't believe any game in the NFL is a gimmie. All you'd have to do is ask Brady how easy it was against the Chef's last year or for that matter ask Hardwick, Vasquez or Jamal if the Raiduds were just standing around on opening night.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    If that's the case (which it isn't) but if it was the Broncos still shouldn't be removed from Norv's.

KC and Oak, yes, Denver no.

They may not have been world beaters the past three years but they also haven't been the pushovers Oak and KC have been.

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    But KC just beat the Steelers and the Raiders just beat the Bengals, do you think the Steelers and Bengals thought those were gimme games

• Like Like x 1
  4. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,777
    H8er, I don't believe there is such a thing as a gimme game.

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    There's no such thing as a "gimme" game. If there was the "gimme" teams would go 0-16 every year.

But, it's also not as black and white as with Ws and Ls as comparing the divisional records imply.

True, they're not gimmes, but that doesn't negate the fact that beating Kansas City the past few years has not been as much of a challenge as it was when Marty was here.

That's not to say KC has been a gimme the past three years, (if they were we'd be 5-0 against them in that time frame when we're not) they simply haven't been as formidable of competition.

6. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,777
    So I suppose that all those years we stunk don't count???? If you don't think they are Formidable suit up and get in the line up.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    We all know B4L's hang up on Norv, AJ and... Well, the Chargers... There is no real reason to try and change that, he has his mind set and we cant change it. Believe me, I have tried.

The man has delirium powered shields that reflect the most powerful logic torpedoes that can be hurled at it. The man is the Sith Lord of Norv hate. The Musilini of AJ Angst, and the Three Stooges of football logic... :lol: But he is still a member of our community. :tup:

I would suggest just ignoring his takes where Norv, AJ are concerned and moving on. The majority of our little community here understand the point, and if not fully agreeing with it can agree to it.

We just have to relax and hope B4L comes around...

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Luckily I've just installed new Dumb-*** Repellent shields. :yes:

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    I didn't say they weren't formidable. I said they weren't as formidable.

There's a difference.

You can pretend that KC has been as good the past three years as they were the 5 years prior if it makes you feel better but it won't change the fact that they have been in the bottom of the barrel of NFL competition the past few years.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Even the losers get lucky sometimes.
    ~ Tom Petty