1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Norv will be able to motivate!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, May 6, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    It is a day after minicamp, and I an 100% behind all the Chargers!

Norv showed some gnash yesterday fussing at the O and getting after Osgood for not hustling. He wull be able to lead our Chargers.

The Season has started so time to get fully behind the team, who is with me.

Before you say it, Trumpy, L, EC, TK, SDC and anyone else who is thinking it, let me just say FU!:lol:

2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

KMA and SMD you bandwagon hopping SOB :icon_evil:

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :abq1: :abq2: YHATZEEE!!!!!:abq2: :abq1:

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Conc, you have got to be the biggest flip-flopper on this board. Last year, you bashed the crap out of Cro. Then, you saw the kid's vertical and said, "holy ****, he's great." This year it's Norv. You believed all the crap about him without ever seeing him. Then, you see him chew a few guys out and, "Norv's going to be great."

But at least you come around to the right way of thinking. :icon_tease: :abq2: :abq1: :icon_rofl:

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Some things never change :yes:

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976

You have got it all wrong. I have all the same questions about Norv. But like Cro last year, I only harang the new players and coaches until Minicamp. Then they are real Chargers and deserve my support no matter what questions I have.

Seeing Norv Chew out a few players does not erase all my concerns about him, but he is my coach not so I gotta like it or leave it, and I never leave my bolts. Not throguh 1-15, not through any of the bad, so why would I if things are good and we got a HC I dont really like?:icon_shrug:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    He does strike me as a Mike Riley. That dude could not motivate crap. If the players are not self motivating and Turner adds a little fire to their asses, that is all we should need. After last year and the way we gave the Patriots the game, we should not need anything else to stay focused.

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Time to support our coach bro...:tup:

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I think he might of learned it from Nolan. The nice guy act doesn't really work, you don't have to yell at guys all the time, all you need to do is keep them in line and do what they're supposed to.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    all our players are motivated and in addition there are several good motivators on each side of the ball (Rivers and LT on offense; Jamal, Merriman and Mcree on defense) that sometimes all you need is a more mellow coach who doesn't scream except when you need it to make it successful.

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I should have said "he does NOT strike me as a Mike Riley"

Mike Riley was crap as a HC.

I left out the word "NOT"

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    depending how many beers you have "not" and "there" can be kinda similar :icon_tease:

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Norval has passed his first two tests. Well organized practises and the willingness to jack up the laggards. Next comes keeping it organized in training camp and practise and game prep. He puts the team in a position to win, that's all the motivation these guys will need. Landry and Lombardi were two very different people. Same result. Norval and Rivers are made for each other.

Can't wait to see these guys play New England. Barring injury I see no weaknesses on this team. The Illustrated Man will not be on the practise squad this year, making Mruczkowski odd man out. Neither will Naamee be on it. Camarillo is the other odd man out, because Osgood will be on the roster-period. . McCree needs to wise up and take it easy for a while or he will waste the season. I think Sproles makes this roster, too. Speed kills, even speedy smurfs. Injury can make anything here null and void. :bolt:

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Al Davis needs a drink. So does Trent Green. The Black Lagoon beckons. Gurgle, gurgle, gur........ :icon_eek:

16. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yep lets get on with it

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

FUG,

Mike Riley????

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!

:no: :no:

My hope is that with Rivera and Cottrell we will have enough of the "right" stuff to succeed

:tup:

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I screwed up my post. I meant to say Norv does NOT remind me of Mike Riley. Riley was a dick/lame asss coach. He never tooks his hands out from his arm pits. It bugged the holy **** out of me. No animation with that guy whatsoever. I am not looking for a Hollywood performance but look and act fookin' lifelife. Norv fills that minimum bill. Concudan had his reservations but has come around to see the light.

Only BFISA was pimping Norv Turner hard on this board. Everyone else pretty much wanted the other dudes. I wanted Jimmy Johnson but he is hooked on hookers and the pimp lifestyle right now.

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Colngrats on 10K posts!! :icon_eek: :yes: :tup: :icon_rofl:

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Oh damn.....10k......no wonder the yard looks like hell. :lol:

21. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    I just hope his game planning gives us an edge we didn't have last season.

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Aw, whaddoes that ******** know?? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

On two other boards as well :yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    How so? Explain please....

24. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I know it is still early, but I like what I’m seeing from Norv. He seems to be in command, and the players are responding.

Most of my spats with the Pro-Norv crowd had to do with my belief that the “Players don’t need motivating” argument is pure rationalization BS. Leadership and motivation has to come from the head coach, and I’m feeling a little better that Norv will be able to provide that. :tup:

PS. Concudan, this thread is a nice flip-flop for you. :icon_rofl:

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Thank you, thank you. I do my best! :lol:

I agree with your take though. He did seem to be very vocal, and even gave the D some props as they made good plays.:tup:

26. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    How about.. he could not motivate crap to smell.

27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You, uh..., mind if I use that line?? :icon_eek: :tup: :icon_rofl:

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    You know how we all mentioned everyone and his mother mentioning about how Marty couldn't win the playoff games and how it might've affected Marty's decision-making against teh Pats?
    Maybe Norv is hearing similar about how he's a ****** coach and wants to prove everyone wrong so is working hard.

Not to mention you've got a good teacher in Rivera, a real defensive motivator in Cottrell that'll mesh well with Merriman and Mcree and with a team with alot of fiery Offensive leaders (not to mention Shelton) then why do you need another screamer