1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Norv's going to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 10, 2013.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Since it never happens, my guess is that owners, GM, and the new HC's don't agree.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +242
    Have you been asleep the last six seasons? The guy is bad playcaller and I think is a far better QB coach. His Dallas glory years are over.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Have YOU been asleep the last six seasons? The Chargers had a top 5 scoring offense in the NFL every year under Norv until this year.

It's easy to nitpick his faults when the overall package sucks, but offense is not his problem.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think you you can just infer that becasue he sucked while he was a HC, that is will suck again as a OC. The defense sucked in Dallas while Wade was there, but he has sure shown that he is still a good DC in Houston

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,780
    Norv would be a great offensive OC in San Diego there is no doubt in my mind. He's just no Joe gibbs and that's the sad part about it. If Norv would've given Chud full control over the offense while his was with the Bolt's, I think we'd have seen much better play. Of course that would mean AJ had to do his part and get some real players on the O-line.

6. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Norv is probably a good OC against crap defenses who can't defend the pass. Unfortunately better teams have good pass rushers and tighter secondaries which means his slow developing plays look like they belong back in the 90s. For all the padding out of passing stats this team was only really a contender the first year he was in control, and that was when his system hadn't been fully installed. Another team is welcome to get excited by seeing lots of passing yards and crap red zone offense alongside the crippling lack of adjustments. Funny how anyone still defends this guy here.