1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Not a fantasy: Teams to show stats

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I have to laugh at some of the things the NFL mandates...

2. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    What the ??? Unbelievable. Seems silly to me.

3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    If I were a player I'd be excited, it would make things a bit more competitive. Oh he rushed for 150 yards and 2tds? I'm going to go for 175 and 3 tds. He threw for 300 yards? I'm going to top him. At the same time though it might make it a distraction.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    maybe they should have their own scoreboard, like putting them up in the bathrooms!

How about running a ticker at the bottom of the TV screen, that way they can block the live action just so someone can update their fantasy.

5. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    They can always run the scores every time they replay a touchdown, we aint doing anything for those 3 minutes anyways, then they can kick the extra point, then they can run more fantasy stuff we are not doing anything for 3 minutes anyways, then after they kickoff, they can run those stats again, we arent doing anything for another 3 minutes.

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Heh .. I wonder if Al Davis will comply with this .. I remember going up the Raider/Charger game in 1994 and there was nothing posted on the scoreboard other than his lame old tired "commitment to excellence" branding thing. No one in that stadium knew any other score besides the Raider/Charger game unless they had headphones.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No idea. I am fine if some team WANTS to show them, but dictating that all teams MUST show them? I think the NFL is getting a bit lost in its own power. :confused:

8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    it just shows what some people will do when they live in a fantasy world

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    They can never replicate the experience of watching a game on HD on a COUCH with 30 beers for only $16. O and the good ol comp for more games *thx NFL anywhere* and fantasy stat tracking. Oyea and I cna smoke a ciggarette wout having to find a hole in the stadium... Been to 3 games and never even tryed to look for the smoking sections... DO they have Flatscreens in the smoking areas?? O and the fridge, how are you gonna get my refridgerator in the stands? O and its not a family environment, so i can Mother Fu all I want.

They never will be able to bring the home experience to the stands. Best they could do is High tech seating with headsets and HD mini monitors... Which im sure is in the pricier seats already.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It is true there are benefits to being home watching the games. There are also different benefits to being at the stadium. The tailgating before, the roar of the crowd the pure excitement. I was at the game where LT broke the TD record. I will never forget it. The air was throbbing with the cheers from the crowd, everyone was high fiving and hugging one another. Big men were shamelessly crying. Like Ant... Well he crys all the time ( :roflmao: ), but you know what I mean...

So there are good and bads to both ways. In the end, living in the country we do, just choose which you enjoy best and have fun with it!:tup:

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    True and I think I will be goin to the one SD KC game a year. It is fun, but im sure its alot funner when you have ur teams fans around to do all that with. Me? I was screamin my head off every time PR lit em up.... I dared not to turn around to much to the glares of the Chef fans. Honestly I was waiting for someone to throw something at/on me. Probably would have had the Chargers taken that game and ran away with it.

SO yea either way I go.... im gonna be the only guy in a 17 jersey. Also I do bbq on the grill outside. ALSO this rocks vs packing up everything takin it to the parking lot, then do it all over again and go home.

Honestly the only thing the NFL could do th make stadiums more homely is at least half off what they charge for everything consumable. AND COULD IT BE TOO MUCH to get a mini 12pack fridge under my seat?? O wait NFL has pretty much cut off any heavy beer drinking due to retarded alcoholics who just like to start shiz.

Im still debating if ill don a costume for the Halloween feast game. I was thinkin zombie charger fan.... Cuz you cant kill my loyalty!!!

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I was at the Pittsburgh game in 1995, we won and then it was off to the Super Bowl. All weekend long Steeler fans were giving us crap as we wore our Charger Colors everywhere with pride. During the game we sat amongst some of the best fans, everything was taken in good natured fun, they even shared their “Firewater” with us.

When the game was over the glares and stares from the Steeler fans were priceless. Our group of 4 got bigger as we exited 3 Rivers Stadium. As it got bigger we celebrated a little bigger and louder. When we got to our place in the parking lot to wait on our bus to take us to the Airport, we became very loud, we yelled and we screamed, we danced, we hugged, and we rejoiced. We dodged spit, thrown beer cans and bottles, thrown trash, and were flipped off numerous times.

I loved every single second.

In the Airport we were told by the Steeler fan Bartender to shut up or he would call ahead and tell the Airlines we were too drunk to fly, we asked him if he knew which Airlines we were on, he said that only a couple go to San Diego it would not be hard. His stare was priceless.

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I'm wondering who goes to a live game and worries more about their fantasy football team than the game they paid good money to watch live.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    not me, I dont do fantasy's. And besides once you have your team selected, you cant change anything, right? So does it matter if you got your data at 1:27 in the afternoon or 5:45 at night?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I have seen people in the stands checking the out of town scoreboard for their football pools, that only take a few seconds. If "fantasy football guy" is watching the scoreboard to track all of their players in all of the other games, they should have just stayed home and saved at least 80 dollars. (There is probably an app for that anyway) I just hope they will continue to show the stats for Chargers game on the scoreboard...I can catch up on the other games on the way home.

16. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I remember back in the seventies they would not show the baseball scores, in preseason they would go so far as to post the scores of games played days before and never even bother showing the Padres score, which I thought was a horrible disservice to the fans. I thought that was very petty of them. Is that still the same these days?