1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Not firing Marty after NE game was a mortal mistake by GAWD

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Feb 19, 2007.

1. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

May 23, 2006
    If AJ fired Marty right after the loss, the fans, the media, and the players would generate a huge uproar that made the leaving of Drew Brees like a little wimper. A good anaology will be like a divorce. The father brings in a stepmother. How often the children would accept her right away? You can say the players are professional, but they are human beings as well. If the new coach doesn't jell well with the players, the Chargers would have another successful season (due to the talents) but being shortchanged agan at the playoff.
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Sep 8, 2006
    I hanestly hadn't considered the potential backlash firing Marty immediatly after that game might have caused. But I try to keep myself from being too emotional with my Chargers opinions and what's best for the team comes first. I wish Marty was going to be our HC in 2007, but that's not happening. And it seems that from the perspective of keeping our assitant coaching staff together, and having the largest possible pool of candidates from which to choose, we should have got him out sooner rather than later.

I think you also make a good point about players respecting and buying into a new coach. And perhaps the fact that Marty kinda fugged us on his way out the door will make the players slightly more inclined to accept a new coach. But I don't think this is reason enough to have delayed firing him. Doesn't make a lot of sense to keep a guy around just long enough to screw you on the way out.
  3. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Sep 22, 2006
    if norv turner doesnt count as a mistake i must be wasted off my ***. day slike this are why i keep a reserve 12 pk in the fridge at all times. f the faiders, and the inhuman one so many ppl here pray to.
  4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Aug 17, 2006
    I beleive marty kind of fired himself at the time. By letting those assistants go and then hoping to bring in his dog to be a new assistant.:icon_eek: