1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Not worried yet. Are you?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerlipz, Oct 20, 2008.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Although, the loss against the Bills pissed me off, I look at it this way. If we win next week against New Orleans we're not any worse off than we were last season at this point in the playoff race. We'll be 4 - 4 after 8 games precisely like last year.

Hold your head up, we can do it.

Look on the bright side, at least we're not the Chiefs.:yes:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Also, we've got 5 very winnable home games after the bye against the Chiefs, Colts, Raiders, Falcons, and Broncos, plus a winnable road game @ KC.

Steelers, Bucs are the two toughest teams we face the rest of the year.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Not doubting you here...but...can't compare us to the Chiefs. With the talent we have, we're supposed to be better than the Chiefs.

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :yes: :tup: :icon_toast:

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I'm worried.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Worried? No not really.

Pissed? Absolutely.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    This.

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +687
    My Avatar, yeah that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah I am worried. The Chargers are not playing with consistancy or fire. They are playing well one game and not showing up the next. There is absolutley zero pass rush, each play Teddy sends 3 or 4 guys, most of the time they just get stuck like a fl on flypaper at the offensive line.

the Bills are a good team, nothing taken away from them, but the Chargers seemed uninspired yesterday to me. The same as they looked against Miami, and the first half of the game against Carolina. They looked bad, and I guess that is what has me worried, they are seriously looking mediocre more than they are looking super so far.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Worried, no.
    No point in worrying about something I have no control over but I certainly am disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Very worried.

12. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I'm not worried.

Worried would imply that I thought there was hope for the team to turn it around this season.

There has been no answer with the pass rush. There has been no attempt to fix or even establish a running game. This team will not get to the Superbowl without those two things.

• Like Like x 1
  13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    x1000

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

14. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    mad? yes cause i know we are better

worried? no cause we ar 3-4 and with a win next week 4-4 and hopefully still only 1 game back, broncos have alot of away games and we have alot of home games the 2nd half of this season

15. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    This is why I am worried/pissed. Basically, I think we need to got 7-2 to make the playoffs. 6-3 is possible if the Donkeys tank, and that is possible. But to have a realistic expectation we have to go 7-2.

Nothing this team has shown me makes me think we can go 7-2. If this is the team, then we will will 3 or 4 of our remaining home games and 1 or 2 of our remaining road games. Plain and simple not good enough. Very disapointing.

16. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43
    I don't know what the answer is but they better figure it out real quick. I do agree with what AJ said... as long as we get into the playoffs thats the important thing. What I worry about is what we do when we get there thats the problem.:icon_shrug:

17. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    That is my take as well. The team doesn't play with any intensity, they are a very hard team to root for as a result.

Losses don't bother me as much, it is actually kind of nice not to live and die with every game.

I have Norv to thank for that, for better or worse.

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    In the grand scheme of thing's, football doesn't really mean anything to me. It's entertainment for the most part. I learned long ago to give up the emotions for the game and living and dying with the team, after the ice bowl.

Worried no, mad no, disappointed no. I have no stake in the game and my livelihood is not connected with it. So why get bent, torqued off or jacked up about it? Daily life has enough problems to deal with and I use the games to help me forget about those.

19. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    this is what pisses me off

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

20. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636

bulls**t :icon_tease: all of us get pissed after a loss, what I do is play with my dogs, spend time with my wife and the anger goes down (eventually)

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I hear ya, man. Sure, I get torqued & disappointed & a little down, but in the end it's not paying my bills or putting gas in my car. Actually, it's costing me quite a bit this year. :unsure:

Still, it's hard to not get disappointed. You wait all year in anticipation. Some folks are heavily into the draft. You go through some doldrums between draft evaluation & camp. Finally, the season's here. It's disappointing when the team doesn't look nearly as excited as you feel. That's a real punch in the gut, ya know? :icon_shrug:

I put much of the blame on the hiring of Turner & Cottrell - particularly Cottrell. Was that decision solely AJ's? I dunno, but it's his to undo.

Won't happen this year. AJ isn't going down that path mid-season. He SHOULD, but he won't.

Frankly, here's what I would do. I'd sack Cottrell & make Rivera HC & DC. Norv is OC only. If there's any sticking points over titles, call them what you want. But Rivera would have the reins.

22. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Playoffs!?....what..are you kidding me......Playoffs?

TIME TO FOCUS---->destroy new orleans saints.
    NEXT.

No worries.

23. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Dude we lived this same situation last year........AND HERE WE ARE AGAIN!

Nobody seems to be learning anything, that is reason to be worried.

24. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Thanks man. needed this lift up! Go Bolts! :tup:

25. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    It used to pay mine. I used to work at the stadium.

We make the playoffs, We get paid more $$$.

I would've cheered for them nonetheless, but I had a big extra incentive to root for a home playoff game.

But now I have a better job as a bartender somewhere else that still benefits from Charger wins, but not as much. But much like most of you, I'm not suicidal over every loss. Pissed yes, but I get over it.

Thought I'd share that

And I still have hope, even for a Super Bowl. Good post Chargerlipz.

26. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Why did you have to bring up the ice bowl? Damn, I thought I was over that lose! Now I feel like crap again...thank...not!:icon_tease:

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    My question is, how can you have any fun watching the game or getting curious about the draft if you have no emotional investment in the game or the team. Cribbage doesn't rule my life or pay my bills either, but I sure as hell get intense if I have a bad run of guards and I face the possibility of getting skunked. I am concerned about the season, because the trajectory is different. We started poorly and then began to tighten things up and the performance curve went steadily north for the last half of the season. Right now, we are inconsistent and drifting.

28. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    a voice of reason? in these parts? gee willikers batman! :icon_huh:

after the donks lost, i say "the window is cracked open, BUT it's still open!" were not quite half way yet, soooo.... if the second half of the year is as crazy as the first half, bring it on mother****er!

29. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    yes! suck it! muther****ers!

30. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    No, I'm not too worried. The defense has been lackluster at times and then brilliant other times. The offense may not be the running monster we're accustomed to but it is still a powerhouse. I'd like to see TC change up his gameplan - just do soemthing different. We're not getting any pressure on tough quarterbacks and the D line can help us but Ted needs to get creative. The playoffs are not out of reach and that automatically means the Superbowl is not out of reach as ANY team that can make the playoffs can win the Superbowl. We certainly can make the playoffs. But no doubt something has to change defensively and I'm going to venture that it should to be the coaching.