1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Notice for potential postseason play

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Dec 18, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Did anyone receive that email? Invoices will be sent out today and due by the 26th. Rough timing.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Don't read it as any kind of prediction.

They have to get it out to give people time to make their orders "Just in case"

It's a business related decision, not some kind of cocky move to predict playoffs.

They're not going to wait until after week 17 and then start flailing around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to sell the tickets after they make the playoffs. (Assuming they do, of course, because if they didn't the point is moot.)

• Like Like x 2
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I know. Also understanding that if the game dose happen, it will be the first weekend of January. This is no bash towards the business. I'm just saying that either way you look at it... "it's rough timing."

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Yeah, it does come off that way on face value.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    At least the money is due after Sundays games. I am hoping that I need to make a payment on Monday after we beat the Bucs and the Donks lose! Hey I can dream can't I?

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    That would be awesome if you could go to the playoff game and yell "MARTY!!" and "FIRE NORV!!". eh? :icon_shrug::lol:

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Lovin the avatar Leo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :tup:

Go Bills!. :icon_toast:

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    OK, I get it... you're sold on an 8-8 season. Especially in a sh*t division!

If we go to the playoffs and finish one and done, I will yell "FIRE NORV." Because that ain't sh*t!!! That's just thanking God for our horrible division.

Now if we got to the playoffs and advance, I'll see where we finish. We can't depend on all the teams in our division to suck every season.

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Did they give you a quote as to how much we have to come up with?

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    "This game will be played the weekend of January 3-4.

With the playoffs a real possibility, time dictates we mail a postseason invoice to all Season Ticket Holders of record. This invoice should begin arriving at households beginning Thursday, December 18. Prices for the first-round playoff game are below those for the 2007 postseason, if paid prior to December 26, 2008."

I'm assuming, all of it.

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    [​IMG]

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I just went over to Chargers.Com.

For me, if I want both Games, I need to come up with $356.00, or just $145.00 for the first game, and thats for 2 seats in View 22, I have some of the cheapest seats in the stadium

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You're a weird guy, nickelbolt. Weird guy!!!

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    If all things went our way it's crazy how an 8-8 team could host a playoff game and potentially 2 if the top 3 seeds were eliminated and we made it to AFC Championship. Crazy ****.

Although I'll say one thing if we do make the playoffs I doubt we'll see any celebrations (ala 06) or any plans for a SB victory being laid out.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    How come your wrists are so smooth?

16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Below are the options for your 2008-09 Postseason Ticket Purchase.
    • By selecting the 2008 Postseason Payment Plan invoice, your credit card will be charged NOW for the Chargers potential home Playoff game #1 (to be played either Jan. 3rd or 4th, 2009). If the Chargers host the AFC Championship game in San Diego, the SAME CREDIT CARD will be automatically charged on Monday, January 12, 2009 for the 2nd game [please note: any credit card used for this payment option MUST have an expiration date of 2009 or beyond].

• By selecting the 2008 Postseason Package invoice, you are agreeing to pay NOW for BOTH potential playoff games with a single payment.
    If a game is paid for but not played in San Diego, your season ticket account will be credited for the unused portion of the postseason payment, unless you apply for a refund. You will be notified of this credit on your 2009 Season Seat Renewal Statement. No credit will be issued for a game that is played in San Diego.

The Chargers retain the right to cancel an account for reasons including but not limited to: failure to meet payment deadlines, drunkenness, disorderly behavior, habitual misconduct, scalping or improper resale of tickets, changes in Chargers Season Ticket policies or failure to abide by Chargers Code of Conduct. You may view the Code of Conduct at www.Chargers.com. The account holder is accountable for the actions of those using the tickets even if he/she is not present.

Your payment of this invoice evidences your acknowledgment of having read and agreed to each of the terms of this Invoice.

Please select an invoice you would like to view and submit payment for and press "Continue".

Invoice No.
    & Description Invoice
    Status Invoice
    Total Amount Paid Invoice
    Balance Current
    Payment Due Payment
    Due Date Invoice
    Payment Plan

2008 Postseason Package New US $356.00 US $0.00 US $356.00 US $356.00 December 26, 2008

2008 Postseason Payment Plan New US $146.00 US $0.00 US $146.00 US $146.00 December 26, 2008

I am going to have to come up with $356.00 for View 22 Seats, if I want to purchase the 2 game package, or $146.00 for the 1 game package.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I cant login right now, site must be getting hammered
    I understand they have to do it, but as B4L said, goddamn the timing stinks

18. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    at least we'll know by Sunday night if we need to slap leather... we WILL beat Denver at home...

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    And what were they supposed to do?

Does anyone remember the year where we had to stand in line at the stadium to pay for our playoff tickets?

20. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    I think that was the Jets game. One of our 1 and done adventures under Marty.

Trumpy got a tic for me that was since I live in the bay area. :tup:

21. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Nick you are weird. :yes: :icon_tease::icon_banana:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Green Bay had it way worse last year. They had to go to the stadium and stand outside in the snow for hours to buy tickets since the Packers are a public franchise and they were forced to sell playoff tickets only after the regular season was over due to an NFL restriction in the nineties.

23. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    He’s in Chico, presumably drunk. :icon_party:

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072

Back in 95 we had to go down to the Stadium and stand in line for hours, only to have Indy come in here and beat us.

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    It happened back in 1995.