1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Novacek's picks, Colts v Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    What to make of the Chargers? Of all the playoff teams, San Diego is by far the most perplexing. The offense is explosive -- especially the last two weeks -- but the defense has been pedestrian.

And yes, the Chargers got on a roll the last few weeks, but it didn't beat any good teams. It turns out the Bucs and Broncos were in downspins of their own, which doesn't tell us a lot about the Chargers. That's not true about the Colts.

Frankly, it's hard to pick against the Colts. They've won nine straight games and they've done it in several ways. One week it was the offense, another week the defense stepped up or other weeks both units thrived.

Indianapolis just finds ways to win games. That's it's biggest strength right now. It's responded to every challenge for more than two months. Winning on the road -- and getting playoff revenge from last season -- is another challenge I think the Colts will overcome.

Pick: Colts

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3690072/?pg=3#spt_novacek_08

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The Colt's are going down yet once again at the hand of the mighty Bolt's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bolt:

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Novacek has been pick against us all week so nothing has changed. We weren't supposed to win last year on the road either, and now were supposed to lose at HOME with an even healthier team. We'll win by at least 2 tds and make all the naysayers look like idiots again.

4. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Oh if only I had your positive outlook, Ray.

5. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    I love being the underdog.

[​IMG]

6. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    What are that idiot's stats for winning picks this year?????

7. parker

parker BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it will be close, but the idiots are never called on their lousy predictions and "analysis." Have you heard of anyone calling out any of the "idiots" who predicted a blowout last year in the playoff game?

8. Vinny ECB

Vinny ECB BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    How come these ex-players can't just watch the games & shut their stinkin traps!!

I guess Jay "The Greek" Novacek has all the answers (LoL). I wonder what he'll have to say after the Bolts whack the Colts. I know he better man-up & give the Bolts there props or the Novacek lynch mob will be on the way to his crib!

:icon_huh: :tdown:

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    FWIW I have picked the Chargers, Cards, Dolphins and Eagles to win this weekend and I've put my money where my mouth is. Straight up got the bet at 18/1.

:tup:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good luck, DB. I picked the same except taking Atlanta over the Cards. :tup:

11. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I thought we would roll Indy last year and we did. We just don't have that spark this year. And we certainly don't have the pass rush. I hope I'm wrong.

Reasonable pick by Novacek.

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    on ESPN most "bigheads" pick for the away teams.

I think it will go 2-2. Hope the Chargers get their share.

13. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    In a word...WRONG! :abq2:

14. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Rivera dialed up a great game and the D executed. Defensive game ball goes to Rivera.

Bolts played at another level tonight. Without the mistakes it's a blowout.

Incredible.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Mr. Novacek - eat me!!! :icon_banana: