1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Novak's interview after the game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Nov 27, 2011.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931

I'll give him credit, he doesn't back down, doesn't make excuses, he answers the questions and stands tall. He doesn't pull a VJ and hide in the shower forcing his teammates to explain his mistakes.

2. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I agree with you Ant. He took it! I still think Norv was an idiot for not trying to go for a first down. no kick 45 yards or longer can be counted on in a game like this one. He made a 53 yarder (his l0ngest ever) and he missed a 48 yarder. Norv just played conservative so he could blame it on the kicker...Just my opinion. If Norv trusted his offense, he would have passed for an attempt for the 1st down.

3. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    So did Nate Kaeding when he did the same thing. Doesn't make it right thou. Still, you gotta respect the guy.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Props to Nick for not slinking out, like Jackson and Mathews after a bad game. Missing from that distance isn't a disgrace. The team could've given him a more reasonable kick, but that's not in the cards this season.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Didn't say it was what made it right. But in a world where people slink away like cowards when they screw up or blame everyone under the sun but themselves, it's a pleasure to see someone man up and admit their mistakes. It doesn't make them right but it earns them my respect

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Poor guy - gets a lot of respect for facing the camera!

Chin up Nick!

7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    The guy has never consistently made 45+ yarders in any single game in his career, and now he's crying cause he went 1/3, under pressure, tonight?
    I guess he's gotta take it on the chin to stay employed, but deep down inside I guarantee you he wanted to say "What dumbarse coach would put a backup kicker in that position?"

• Like Like x 2
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My last shred of support for Norv went down the pisser yesterday.

9. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    at least he faced the music like a man. I'd take him over kaeding any day

10. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    You and me both. Novak doesn't look scared when he lines up. Nate does.

11. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Credit to the media for not pushing it after he starts crying. You've got to be crazy in the head to want to
    make a living as an NFL kicker. I'd have a team of psychiatrists as my posse.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    This.

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Too bad that wasn't AJ's leg he was pissing down instead of a water cooler.

14. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Sucks for him, he's being made the scapegoat for this when it isn't his fault.

Look at the game, he'd already missed from 48, it's not particularly fair to just settle on him having to hit a career high from 53 for the game when you haven't done everything in your power to get him as close as you can.

He's done really well this season, unlike his head coach who has done arguably the worst job in the NFL, and it's one thing if that was as close as they could possibly get, but that's BS because Norv was too scared to go for more.