1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Now, more than ever...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,616
    BEEF.

Our O-line got pushed around all night. Sure they can pass block alright, but a few times guys came at Philip free, and the run blocking has been nothing short of dogshit.

Time to draft/sign some TOP SHELF, GRADE A BEEF. No more of this 6th-7th-UDFA ****, but the good stuff. So far we've been getting our steaks @ Sizzler, it's time for some Morton's ****.

The game is won in the trenches and we've been getting owned.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Couldn't agree more. We start at either RG, NT, or DE. I'm leaning towards Duke Robinson, B.J. Raji, or Brian Orakpo.

In the free agent market, the OL picking is a little slim, mostly due to age. On the DL side, there's Peppers, Haynesworth, & Suggs. Also, Karlos Dansby is a good IL that covers particularly well. With our lack of a 2nd rounder AGAIN, we may need to get into the free agency market to get what's needed.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +441
    Immediate upgrade is staring me in the face on the O line. Bench Goff, move Clary to RG and bring in Shelton.

Mruc is a waste of space, check out some of his performances in the kick return game. Wonder why Sproles had a real tough game there, take a look at Mruc not wanting to get in anyones way.

But you're right if we're picking somewhere near 15 say, hope we can find a Duane Brown or even a Ryan Clady round there.

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I'm not so sure about NT. Jamal is been picking his game up lately and will be hard to replace (at a reasonable price). Olshansky should be gone and I'm almost afraid to say that Castillo may be an anchor himself. Those 3 together were good at the run stop but horendous at getting to the QB. We definitely need better athletic DE's who have the ability to get to the QB. Then again, Merriman should be on our list of players to resign. He may not be the whole defense but we are getting a glimpse of why we need him.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,616
    Jamal has been playing great, but father time is catching up to him fast. If we're lucky, he's got 2 more years tops. We need to get his replacement on the roster NOW. I wouldn't mind getting Haynesworth in here (tho we all know it's not AJ style, **** that, his style hasn't been working when it comes to getting impact players thru FA). Before anyone gives me **** about us picking up Haynesworth due to any character issues or past events, he is what our D needs: a big pissed off at the world dude who dominates.

Dublin, I think your idea is good which is probably why N:icon_huh:rv will never go for it. Stupid is as stupid does.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Time is not on Jamal's side. He's playing well right now, but it can't last with his age & the shape his knees are in. If Rivera stays we may move to more 4-3, which lessens the need for a Jamal-type of NT, but still requires big bodies. This would also mean that we need speed guys who can play with their hands on the ground.

Right now, I think our even more pressing need is the right side of the OL. Whoever we get, they need to bring a seriously nasty attitude. I'm sick of this pansy-assed ****. Knock the **** out of anybody near you that wears a different color, including the zebras. :icon_twisted: