1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Now that Sproles is staying, who do we get in Rd 1?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Mar 4, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Jan 11, 2010
    We could either go RB, DT, or CB. I think that all the good DTs will be gone so we could possibly get either a RB or a CB.
    I would still think that we are going to get Ryan Mathews to go along with Sproles because he can pound the ball and be our main guy. It kind of depends on Cro because if we get a high second for Cro, we could go CB in round 1 and RB in round 2 with that pick and maybe get Dwyer or Gerhart..

Who do you think we should use our first on?
  2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006
  3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Jan 24, 2010
    I agree. I really believe he was tendered so a trade could be worked out and he wouldn't be another name on the list of quality players that were allowed to walk without any compensation.

If he is kept at $7.2 mil, and they don't end up resigning Jamal, I am going to be quite pissed off
  4. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Mar 1, 2009
    There are two many IFs and BUTS to even begin to think what will happen..

There is no doubt that we need a Running Back, Nose Tackle (or Defensive Tackle if we shift to 4-3) and Corner...

We may or may not get a player in a trade for Cromartie which could negate a need in the draft.

Heres something from left field...The Chargers release Jamal Williams then trade their first, Antonio Cromartie and a selection of late draft picks to Detriot to move into 2nd place overall where they can pick up either Suh or McCoy to star in their new 4-3 scheme!

..hey...stranger things have happened! I for one, hope this doesn't happen!