1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Number Crunching

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/number-crunching.htm

“The new phone books’s here! The new phone book’s here!”
    -- Steve Martin in “The Jerk,” 1978

While I am of the earnest hope I’ll never be cast in the title role if they ever make “The Jerk II,” here’s one thing I’ll cop to immediately: If they ever make a movie called “The Dork,” my number’s in the book. I plead giddily guilty to the charge that the Chargers play-by-play guy is a stats geek … a numbers nut … King of the Nerds … a full-on Poindexter with a slide rule as his scepter.

That stated, there is no greater joy than opening the brand-new “NFL Record and Fact book,” published by the league and made available to all of us closet Myron Noodleman-types. I’ll repeat that: No Greater Joy. You can have your “watching the sun set on a private beach in Maui while drinking Crystal and getting a foot massage from Jessica Biel.” I’ll bequeath that one to my on-air partner, Hank Bauer. On this, the dawn of the new season, it is time to inhale the fresh ink off the pages of football’s statistical Bible.

Use the link to see the full article.