1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NYG Fans Fixate On Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lancer 1, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
  2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Wow! No respect from them right there. The man does he's best and can't even get a "He's a decent QB" status. Didn't know new yorkers were like this. I'm just dumbfounded.

Edit: They do know that its not that simple right? Having hall famers doesn't equal automatic win. And bashing him because he has yet to win a SB win really? Say he has yet to prove him self yet or something. But outright bashing the guy shows they know absolutely nothing about football.

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Wasn't there another thread about this a few days ago?

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Why are fans so stupid these days? Am I the only one who sees the Super Bowl as more of a...TEAM accomplishment?

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    This. Eli shouldn't have been SBMVP, shoulda been captain of that crazy defense

• Like Like x 1
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    This is like the Fout's era to me, big numbers and high scoring games but no championship in the end. Like Dan, I believe Philip would be a great QB no matter where he played and the Gnats would be talking 3 ring's instead of just one by a miracle catch.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Seriously though, fans like that throw the Super Bowl rings argument in your face as if their throwing incendiary grenades into battle. Does anyone want Big Ben over Peyton Manning? Does anyone want Trent Dilfer over Dan Marino or Jim Kelly? Maybe I'm an apologist because its my guy who doesn't have a ring, but it annoys the hell out of me how SB rings are now defining players carrers.

8. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Bunch of East Coast idiots. They throw out Rivers "Temper Tantrums" that don't exist as an argument against him. Funny how people on the east coast think they are superior fans, yet they obviously don't follow the NFL close enough to know the temper tantrum story was generated by the media. Most of them don't watch Chargers games. You can tell by the BS they put in their posts.

9. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    The 1 time they got to see Rivers play up close (Week 9 of last season when we beat them) they saw Philip throw 3 touchdown passes, and lead a late comeback victory against the Gnats enroute to sweeping their entire overrated division...

10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    It's the lazy fan's measuring stick. Those idiots think it's the trump card, so they play it all the time. As soon as someone goes to that as their be all, end all argument I immediately know they are a retard. If you are using it to break a tie between two players where all else is equal, I see it having merit. Brady better than Manning because he has performed better in big games, OK. Dilfer better than Fouts because he happened to be the QB of the winning team in a Super Bowl, come on.

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    it does not matter because that is how we are judged!!!!! You can have the highest passer rating EVER, but until you get a ring, you are nothing.

12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    it sucks to be one of the best teams ever WITHOUT a ring, but that is the yardstick in which you are judged!

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It is better to be a "has been" versus a "has never"

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    If the HOF wasn't such a joke I'd use that as the judge for the best player's and coaches. With the exclusion of Don Coryell, the HOF holds no merit with me