1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

O.J. Mayo

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by MtlBoltsFan, May 24, 2008.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Is the best player in the 2008 NBA Draft. You betta recognize. This kid is the real deal and he will fill it up in the NBA. I see so many amazing qualities in this guy. It's not even a debate for me. Derrick Rose is great and Beasley too but O.J. Mayo has the "it" factor that all the great players have. This kid is a future hall of famer. He is like Ben Gordon with Kobe Bryant's confidence and work ethic. This is the type of guy who is going to drain many game winning shots and who is a "go-to" guy in crunch time. I know a bust when I see one and Mayo will not bust. This guy is off the charts. His work ethic is ridiculous he spends like 10 hours a day in the gym and he is a fast twitch athlete with an outstanding skill set and basketball IQ. Just saw a clip of him evading a charge by pulling up and using a floater which he seems to have perfected... you cannot teach that. Mayo can stop on a dime and pull up better than all but a few players playing in the NBA. I hope the Raptors trade up to draft Mayo I would give up anyone except Bosh :yes:

2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    They'd need to move up to at least 3 and with Miami you never know they might pass on Beasley to pick Mayo.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    It could be a smokescreen and they really want Beasley. Also Minny is throwing out the rumor that they are zoned in on Kevin Love at #3 and Seattle supposedly loves Bayless and is already loaded with Durant and Green.

Also Riley tends to be impatient and the Raptors want to dangle TJ Ford and Miami really needs a point so maybe they can throw together a package for the #2 pick like TJ Ford, Anthony Parker/Jorge Garbajosa, #17 overall and #1 in 2009 for #2 overall