1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

O.K., we're 0-2......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Sep 15, 2008.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That said, I think we will reel off 4 wins in a row starting next Monday Night against the J.E.T.S. We will beat the Pats here and our record will be 4-2 with Cooper, McNeil, Hardwick and others back.

Oh and Cotrell will learn the Prevent isn't working......:tdown:

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It's all on the D.

They play better/get pressure, we win. SImple as that.

O is doing their jobs. 38 yesterday and 24 last week.

3. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    It wasn't prevent. The corners (for the most part Cromartie) just weren't covering well. Jammer and Cason did great--nary a peep from Royal or Stokley.

The problem was there was no rush, and without a rush no corner can cover for that long.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yep.

Cutler had a good 5-6 second every passing play to look all over the field, read a book, take a nap, smoke a cig, whatever.

Far too long for any QB to have, esp. one with a huge arm like Jay who was constantly looking deep then coming back and killing us underneath all day.

5. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Cro's meltdown was huge, especially considering he was on Marshall all day. He let Marshall get to him--they showed him jawing with him at one point. He got in Cro's head and he made mistakes--blown coverages and penalties. If Cro stays cool and doesn't make mistakes, different ballgame.

6. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey all - not here to be a troll.

I'd be pissed off if what happened was reversed. Great and very entertaining game though.

See ya in December.

7. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    You're not a troll, yet your avatar title is "Ed is my hero"?

Get lost.

8. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes, Ed would be your hero too if the call went your way. If it really bothers you that much, I can change it.

Or, you can just be a man.

9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Ed is not and will never be our hero...games are supposed to be decided by the 22 men on the field...not by some, over inflated, brain farting, bag of excrement in a striped shirt three sizes too small.

With as many problems as the Chargers had on Sunday, without "Popeye's" help the Chargers win that one. If the refs let the teams play in December, you will see how this game should have ended.

Oh...by the way hiding behind the ref and crowing about an undeserved "gift" win does not constitute manhood. Grow up.

Go Chargers!!!

:flag:

10. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    You do realize this is just a forum on the internet, right?

Sorry, but if the roles were reversed, Ed WOULD be your hero.

11. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    You just don't get it....refs are not heroes. We should not even be aware of who is officiating the game. Winning or losing a game as a result of a blatantly blown call is just wrong. The Broncos got an early Christmas present and everybody knows it.

Yes, I realize this is just a forum and I happen to disagree with your sentiments, so I replied. December 28th should be very interesting.

Go Chargers!!!
    :flag:

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    We'll moider da bums in December.:tup:

13. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed!

(except for the go Chargers!!! part)

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Let's just hope we don't get that damn Hockulis to officate and give you guys the game and hopefully our replay crew actually has equipment that works this time when we play you. Don't want to spot you all those points when you come to our house. Trust me, we'll be there with some serious incentive to kill you guys, trust me. :icon_evil:

15. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    M***er f***er has been a defensive coach for how long now?

16. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Obviously TOO long. No wonder AJ pulled him out of a office job in the NFL office. Can we get Wade back? At least with him as our Def. Coordinator our defense could STOP somebody most of the time when it counted.....

17. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I am fine with you not being a troll, but why would Ed be your hero? Did he do something worthy or worship or adoration? Did he save someone's life?

He completely f*cked up a football game, but your team was the beneficiary, so he's your hero? :icon_shrug:

18. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Lousy NJ Jets. I'll set up the rabbit ears on the TV to watch that one.

At least you know the game against Miami is a victory. Oakland beat the snot out of a cruddy KC side, big whip, quite a possible win there. NE may have lost Brady, but they still have a tough D - that game can go either way, but I certainly hope for the Bolts to crush NE like a grape.

19. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah we're 0 - 2, but we just need to pull it together and we'll be fine. Rivers is off to a great start, the receiving corp looks good, and LT and Gates haven't really been a factor as of yet. The defense is a concern. I mean 50 drop backs by Cutler and not 1 sack. We still are not tackling or covering very well. If Cotrell dials up some 'D', we'll be back in the hunt in no time.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You left out fat and stupid. :yes:

First Wade, now Cottrell. Does AJ look anywhere besides the Buffalo ex-coaches for a DC? :icon_huh:

**** it - give Rivera a shot.

21. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...And fired how many times? Get him the phuck out of here!

22. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Yea i got you guys going at least 9-7 or 10-6

23. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    LMAO 9-7? Let me guess you have the Broncos going like 14-2 right? 10-6 will be worst case scenario. Especially after we tattoo your asses at the end of the season.

24. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I want the broncos to go 16-0 but are D isn't what its cracked up to be so we will go at least 12-4 or 11-5 to win the AFC West

25. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Not only that, but I believe we won't lose to a division opponent again this season. 5-1 against the division.

26. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Opposing teams have our defense figured out to a tee. And were in trouble. Obviously.

cottrell has to go. No if and or buts about it.

The crazy thing is we've got one of the best defensive minds on staff now in Rivera. But maybe the chargers want the first draft pick in next years draft so they'll keep cottrell as d-coordinator.

• Like Like x 1
  27. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's what I had you guys going actually. I think it may come down to that last game when you guys come to our house. It's a LONG season. I do have to admit your boys are looking pretty good right now.

28. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    People said the same thing about Cottrell just a year ago, and then we all had to eat crow when we made the playoffs, and almost got propelled to the Superbowl by the performance of the defense. It is funny though, that the defense is having a start that looks very similar to last year, mainly when you're looking at pressure. GB, NE, and KC tore us up in the passing game because we got no pressure, and the lineman were too busy playing patty cake with the offensive lineman. They turned it on halfway through the season, but we might not have that long this year.

Teams spread us out with three wide receivers, so we go into our nickel defense. The front four NEVER get pressure, and when Cottrell sends a fifth linebacker or safety, we still get no pressure. I've seen both of the first two games a couple of times, and it seems to me that the players need to take quite a bit of the responsibilty onto themselves. Tucker and Phillips had multiple one on one opportunities with offensive lineman and tightends, and they got no pressure. Maybe desperation will increase their aggressiveness, because Cottrell's schemes won't change.