1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Oakland scored 59?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JohnnyX, Oct 24, 2010.

1. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Is it the end of the world?

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Sure. Tom Cable >>>> Norv Turner.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    On any other day I would've laughed at that, now I really don't know except to say he's not 4 ">"s better but thats semantics

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Campbell is the MAN. But I knew this already.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It's official. We are in Bizzarro NFL.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Denver played as ****** and looked as unprepared as we did.

The only difference is, Oakland didn't let them get away with it as much as New England let San Diego get away with it.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    worked for me. I traded for McFadden in my money league last week and he goes out and scored 43 for me

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    McDaniels apologizes while the rest of Denver goes insane
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 25, 2010 10:33 AM ET
    Broncos Josh McDaniels knew this wasn't just any other loss. After Denver's 59-14 beatdown to Oakland, the coach tried to make sense of the seemingly season-shattering moment.

"I apologize to [owner] Pat [Bowlen], the organization, the fans, everybody else. That was awful," McDaniels said.

This was the type of game that turns a normally loyal fanbase against a coach. In a poll Monday morning on the Denver Post's website, 83% of voters says the team has already quit on the season and won't even "keep trying."

We'd expect the fans to be so emotional, but they aren't the only ones taking the loss hard.

Mark Kislza of the Denver Post writes that Kyle Orton "is done" in Denver and Orton just doesn't know it. Kislza wonders when the Tim Tebow era will start.

"Orton can never again inspire real hope in this town," he writes. Later: "If Tebow can't play, then McDaniels is done in Denver."

Insinuating Orton is the problem in Denver is like saying the sports section is responsible for the decline of newspapers. You want to kill the one part of the team that produces? The same writers that are despondent about the Broncos Monday (with reason, of course) thought they had a chance to win the AFC West before Sunday's game.

Another headline in the Post: "Josh losing fans; is he losing team too?" Inside the article: "Nothing about the team [McDaniels] coaches bears any resemblance to the things he talks about."

(The reaction reminds us a lot of the response Tennessee's 59-0 loss in New England inspired last year.)

It's safe to say the honeymoon is over for McDaniels in Denver. The lucky part here is his schedule and an owner known for patience. The Broncos go to London to face the 49ers, a team in bigger disarray than them. Then they get a bye week to regroup.

McDaniels needs to show his coaching chops the next nine weeks, but it wouldn't take that long to turn around those poll results and the writers' opinions.

All Denver needs is to win two straight games. If that happens, everyone will shower McDaniels with praise, saying the team didn't give up when times were darkest. They'll realize they overreacted. If they go 1-1, then McDaniels will be the same jerk they thought he was all along.

If they go 0-2, they will burn him at the stake.

9. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    "The old order changeth yielding place to the new." A. Tennyson

10. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    "The old order changeth yielding place to the new." Alfred Lord Tennyson