1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Oakland tailgaters shocked before Steelers game even started

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Sep 24, 2012.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Oakland tailgaters shocked before Steelers game even started

[​IMG]
    Posted by Darin Gantt on September 24, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
    Getty Images
    After many years of reading, and writing the news, there are certain sentences you can see coming a mile away.

Two fans were rushed to the hospital Sunday prior to the Raiders-Steelers game with non-life-threatening injuries when they raised a flag pole into a high-voltage power line, according to Joshua Melvin of the Contra Costa Times.

Wait for it, . . . wait for it, . . .

Oakland Fire Department Battalion Chief Darin White said alcohol may have been a factor in the incident.

You think?

The incident happened around 8:35 a.m. Pacific time, prior to the 1:25 p.m. kickoff, when they raised the 20-foot pole into a 115-kilovolt power line.

No other information about the fans was available, which is a bit of a shame. The folks from the Darwin Awards, I’m sure, would be interested to know more.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rs-shocked-before-steelers-game-even-started/

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    to bad it was non-life-threatening injuries, we could have gotten rid of a couple of them!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nice .... real nice.

I understand your issues with Raider fans, but really? Wishing for another person to die? Never realized what a bitter old man you are.

4. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    and I can see that you need to attend several Raider games. So you are saying its okay for a fan of the other team to cheer and get all gidy when a player is on the cart being helped off the field?

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Of course not. But two wrongs make a right? I don't need to go to a Raiders game or to Fallujah to know that wishing death on another human being is wrong.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    there are bad raider fans. No doubt. There are good Raider fans as well, some cool (yet mislead) people.

there are some real azzhole Chargers fans to go with the good. It speaks very poorly of you that you would lump all the Raider fans together in the manner you have, IMHO.

7. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    One of my best friends is a Raider fan. And yes I know there are some bad Charger fans, I hear about those from some of the guys I work with after they have gone to a game wearing the other teams colors. And I am not going to lie or hide my feelings for the Raider nation one bit. It is those feelings that had my season tickets taken away

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I think Oakland Raider fans should be given a permanent Darwin Award, and based on the idiots i keep running into on twitter from the Broncos fan base, I might need to give them one for an amazing display of consistent stupidity

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Exactly - your not being able to control your emotions. Blame that on no one but yourself.

• Winner Winner x 1