1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Observations of the Chiefs Performance

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    HAHA what performance??

But I heard my Bucs played their starters the full half vs KC not at all practially.

2. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Chiefs looked terrible on all accounts. Didn't matter if it was the first team on the field, or the third team. They could get nothing going against the Bucs. Hopefully this is actually a sign of things to come for the Cheifs.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    :D Thats 3 games in a row then.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Maybe it's a sign of how good the Bucs are going to be as well?

5. Lightning_Dynasty

Ratings:
    +310
    True, but I'd like to thin this is because the Chiefs suck moreso than the Bucs are good.

6. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    It confirmed Matt Cassel needs to be a clipboard somewhere, but I ain't complaining!

7. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Watching that game just made me happier about our division.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    It should be pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain and any football knowledge that the dumpster fire that was our special teams last season was the reason the Chiefs made the playoffs. Are they getting better? Yes, but the truth remains, we killed ourselves repeatedly last season.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I'm thinking that KC's first place schedule this season is going to beat them like a drum....not that I mind, you understand.

10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I wouldn't read too much into that "performance"...... it seemed obvious that the Chiefs coach was only concerned with getting the game over with his starters all healthy. I don't think I've ever seen a team not try to accomplish anything in a preseason game before.

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I like the Bucs this year, I think they will make some noise.

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, I believe that the Bucs & Falcons are gonna make Ron's 1st year as a HC pretty miserable.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Chiefs barely played their starters. I'm not ready to crown our asses yet

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I read that the Chiefs haven't even held any padded practices yet...... then seem to be taking thing rather slowly.

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't know about y'all but in order to be the best, you have to beat the best. The AFCW has not been what I would call tough by any stretch, so beating up and thumping your chest over the fat kid isn't all that impressive.

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I believe Tom Cable is with the Seahawks now....... #imjustsaying ;)

17. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    I'm for sure on the 8-8 KC Chiefs banwagon , I got a couple bets out there that they won't finish better then 8-8

18. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I see the Raiders regressing to 5-6 wins. We aren't going to be so generous this season, and they have lost some key players.

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    On paper at least, the Raiders will be worse than last year...... I hope that bears out. The Chiefs have added some talent to an already pretty talented team. It's the loss of Charlie Weis as the OC which is the big question mark. Cassel has only looked decent with Weis calling the offense...... both in New England and in KC.

20. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I think both teams got what they wanted - the Bucs got a good workout and probably put a few more butts in the home seats, and the Chiefs got the hell out of Dodge "reasonably" healthy. Not going to make too much out of that one, but having a bit of fun poking fun at a buddy (KC fan) regardless. :cool:

21. Lightning_Dynasty

Ratings:
    +310
    You know, this thread has made me remember that one Chief fan who was here talking **** all last year.

65TossPowerTrap, right? Or something like that....

Any bets on if he'll be back this year??

22. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Yea thats the guy. Well thats the play that won the Chiefs a superbowl, its also like a trademark name around here of something.

23. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Hope he'll be back. Can't wait for the Bolts to get their revenge in the division this year. Denver is going to get demolished this year, just like always. I don't see us losing more than one division game and that could possibly be to KC at Arrowhead.

24. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    This very well could happen, as I will be at the Halloween KC game. And the first ever NFL game I make it to is the 2010 opener and we know how that ended. Would be great to walk out of there with a redemption win.

25. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    It's on right now on NFLN.

26. D4L

D4L BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Last years game @ Arrowhead was terrible. More drunk Chef fans then I can remember getting all up in my face. We not only need to win but demolish them MNF. We gave them that game but this yr will be different. As far as the GAme last week, Eh?! It's preseason and their coach doesn't want to lose any players to injury so I don't put much into it. But I do know they lack depth in most of thier positions so they better be cautious. If they suffer any type of injury to a starter their chance of repeating are slim. They don't have the depth or talent to make up for that like we were almost able to do last yr.

27. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Im surprised your actualy talking like they deservedly won the division last year, kinda like alot of KC fans I get to hear from daily. KC can deffinatly finish the division 2nd place.

28. D4L

D4L BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    They definitely didn't Deserve to win the Division. Didn't think I phrased it that way. We totally handed it to them. I'm just saying they lack depth and what lil chance they have of repeating will take an even bigger blow if they lose any starter. Just like last year and the years before, I believe this is our Division to win/lose. Any reference to me sounding like a KC fan it unintentional and purely coincidental. I don't fight a daily battle with these guys just to end up sounding like them.

29. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd like to see the division become the powerhouse it once was.

30. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Its cool I just hear it that way. I put up with alot of KC fans who wanna talk trash about their team is this or that, and the one game they come around to quote is the Season Opener. A historically slow starting SD team to me doesnt net much kudos.
    Remembering back the 2 long returns, RMs fumble, 3 strait failed run plays from inside the 10 at the end of the game. That would be 6 ways that that game just fell to them. Their run game was good, Cassel sucked soo much lol 6 completions all game. But all that doesnt matter in a argument with a Proud KC fan.