1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Oceanside Chargers??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BFISA, Jan 3, 2007.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Ok...thought O'side really didn't want the bolts.

I'd love it, as it'd be a 10 minute drive for me. But I won't hold my breath.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Goat Hill baby!!!!!!!

That is where I learned to play golf growing up. Actually it would be a killer site for a stadium. I didn't realize it was a full 75 acres. Its very hilly so they would have to some major dozing. Oceanside really needs some thing like this I think. 78 would have to widened for sure as well as reconstructing 5 in that area.

This site is heavily underused to be honest for such a prime piece of real estate. I would hate to see the old course go as I had a lot of laughs there but it really is a poorly maintained course without a lot intrinsic value for the community. Too hilly for older people to use.

My folks in Carlsbad (true blue hairs when it comes to supporting a new stadium) would probably hate it, but a football stadium is not much of an inconvenience except on Sunday's and a few odd days during the year. Not like a baseball stadium. Lets get this one to a vote. Best idea I have heard yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Hey, I lettered in golf in highschool on that golf course.

Still, I don't like it. It's 30+ minutes fromthe airport. Yes I know they have Palomar airport in Carlsbad, but out of towners are still gonna fly into San Diego. Next, the don't have the hotel capacity for out of towners. Also, the golf course is smack dab inthe middle of a residential area. Even with a new off ramp fom the 5 freeway, it'll be hell for the residents of the area.

So far I like the National City option. It's close to downtown San Diego. Hotels a plenty. Not to far from the airport either. I know San Diego's finances are phuked, but if they could redo the Mision Valley site, that would site be the best in my opinion.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    If they build it, they will come...

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  7. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    It seems like a good idea

8. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    If I were Spanos, I'd steer clear of Oceanside. After witnessing the Manchester debacle when he tried to put in a hotel.

I have also done a few projects in Oceanside and never has any good come from it. City Hall is in shambles. The Engineering Department will kill a project due to the lack of documentation of what the existing infrastructure is and the politics within the department.

The last project we did in Oceanside, the fees and the extra work the engineering department made us do cost more than the building.

Building in Oceanside is bad news.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I favor that plan too but if the Oceanside plan keeps them in San Diego County... so be it.

10. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    The technical SD county thing is not really that big a deal to me. As long as they aren't the "Poway Chargers of San Diego in Southern California" or some ridiculous crap like that. There are a lot of teams that don't play in their own city. The Jets and Giants don't even play in their own state:icon_huh:

11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    That article where the City Council is questioning the Chargers' intentions is kind of laughable.

Wasn't this is the same Oceanside City Council that, when that golf course was proposed as a stadium site back in February 2006, gave absolutely NO SUPPORT to it? Only the proposer voted YES. Everyone else voted NO.

What's changed now? Shouldn't the City Council's sincerity be questioned as well?

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Well yeah. For most part, as long as thet're still the San Diego Chargers, I'll be happy but that might require staying in San Diego County.

Arn't the Jets working on getting a new stadium in NYC?

13. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    Yeah, baby. The Poway Chargers! That would be hilarious to hear the yokums in the media trying to pronounce that one.:tup:

"Introducing the Poo-way Chargers.":icon_rofl:

14. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Yeah, I heard they got it approved too. Dunno where they plan to put it or what the deal is all about though. You heard the niners want to move out of SF...:icon_rofl:

15. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    That's the kind of crap Oceanside is famous for. There is serious political manuvering occuring at City Hall. Bad news to build there.:tdown:

16. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300