1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ocho Cinco

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gobigblue, Jan 30, 2008.

1. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    The Patriots added 3 very important components to their Super Bowl run this year...A. Thomas (FA signing), R. Moss (4th rnd), and W. Welker (2nd & 6th round). They also signed D. Stallworth but I don't think he was as much of a factor as Moss and Welker. Having brought in Moss and Welker is what pushed them over the top in my opinion.

I know you know where I'm going with this....

Ocho Cinco was on Sirius NFL Radio talking about a possible trade. Imagine an offense with LT lined up in the backfield and having Gates, Chambers, Jackson, and Ocho Cinco running routes!!! So now the next question would be, 1) what number would Johnson take cause there is no way Gates changes numbers and 2) what type of draft picks/players would it take to bring Ocho Cinco to a Bolts uni?

How bout this??? Ocho Cinco for Buster Davis (former 1st rnder) and a 6th rounder this year and Carlos Polk or Davis and Wilhelm? I only mention Wilhelm because I really think a healthy Waters is going to shine next year. I also think Siler was a 7th round steal from last year!!!

2. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Ocho Cinco tiene mas problemas... I think our receiving corps is good enough, with a healthy LT, Rivers, Gates, I honestly think we would be playing Sunday... If Ocho Cinco doesnt get the ball, or there is any adversity, I think he will cry, and cause internal problems...

mí dos pesos,

FOUTS

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Is tehre enough ball to go around. OC needs a lot of throws to him or he becomes a problem. With the emergence of Jackson and the addition of Chambers, I dont think there is enough to go around.

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It's worth thinking about if it includes Polk, but not wilhelm at this point. I doubt the Bungles make that trade. I'd also have to have a long, heart to heart talk with him if I'm AJ and am thinking about this. This guy has some prime personality issues.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    no thank you

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Ocho Cinco would go nuts here but it's not going to happen. What worries me is #85 winding up in Denver.

7. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I would vote no, as I would do if given a vote on 85, Randy Moss, or TO. Too much drama.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If we're lucky he winds up in Oakland's black hole.

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I like Chad... but I'd rather have Housh...

That said, no way he ends up in Bolts.

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    No way Jose.

Not enough ball to go round already.

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Can he play defense?

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Of the bench?

13. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Good point however I do remember him roasting our asses a couple times recently and I do not want to face that guy twice a year even if Cutlet is throwing him the ball. :no:

14. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Denver doesn't have the scratch to make a move like that this year. They blew their wad with trades and free agents last year and now they are stuck with huge contracts on turds like Javon Walker, Travis Henry, and Dre Bly. Their owner even pretty much said that he's not letting Shanahan make any big splashes in free agency this year because the return he's getting is crap.

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I'd much rather get Fitzgerald, but I don't see us trading for another WR.

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I've heard that Miami is interested. Not interested in having him here.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm not with this either.

On offense... we need help on the offensive line.
    No need for more WR's, RB's, QB's, TE's, etc.

18. Preechr

Preechr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Besides, don't we also get Eric Parker back next year? It seems to me we are set at WR.

19. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

Thanks and I was wondering what their cap looked like. :tup:

20. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I'd rather have the other Johnson.... Andre...

21. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    he is the exact opposite of what kind of players AJ likes lol, NO THANKS

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly!!!
    I think Chambers, Jackson and Parker could be a scary receiving team next season. If Buster develops next season... Look Out!!! :bolt:

23. pulherst

pulherst BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    While another big play receiver might put you guys over the top, I don't think Johnson would be a good signing. The Pats have the veteran leadership to keep Moss in check. I"m not sure that the same can be said for the Chargers.

24. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I love the idea of adding yet another amazing playmaker to our offense.

The problem is Chad Johnson is a loudmouth arrogant jackass (like most good WR's) and he'd be pissed if 100% of the attention was not on himself. With LT and Gates he would not be our #1 or even #2 option, I dont think he could handle that.

25. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    We'd have to trade for Johnson....yet another reason I'm against it.

And then we'd have to extend his contract..........YET another reason I'm against it.

And then we'd have to deal with his dancing and attention seeking..................................YET ANOTHER reason I'm against it.

26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Didn't we trade a high draft pick for a big time playmaking wide receiver - someone named CHris Chambers?

Not to mention we have a WR corp of:
    Jackson
    Chambers
    Davis
    Floyd
    Osgood
    Naane (in a way)
    and a returning Eric Parker

no thank you to CHad Johnson, let someone else deal with him.

27. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    We couldn't pay for him, Rivers, McNeill, Merriman, Chambers, and all our rookies coming in can we? and if he's just a 1-year rental, we better not give up much for him. Besides, we're gonna demote Action Jackson now? after he became a clutch player during the right time... the playoffs? I see so many reasons why this wouldn't happen. If we're breaking the bank for any free agents, it better be for an area of need, like Al Faneca/ Max Starks at OL, trading for a stud safety (Ravens wanna rebuild yet? Ed Reed or Landry please), or for our own FAs in D-Flo and Volek.

And to the Pats fan, winning is what kept Moss in check. Senor Ocho would do fine here, as long as we win and he gets to do his dances. And Chad Johnson is NOT at the same level as Moss and Owens in the team-killing category. As it is though, I'd rather keep Chambers, whose really talented, knows the system, and isn't a showboating, ego-driven player, than paying for Chad or a rookie wr.

28. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    No, no on Ocho Cinco! El tiene demasiados asuntos. (He has too many issues) ¡El es demasiado costoso también! (He is too expensive too!) No un jugador de equipo cualquiera. (Not a team player either). No Gracias.

29. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yeah, we don't have leaders like Seymore Head Butts, Karate Kid Vrabel, Vince "Fine me Again" Wilfork and Ellis "Sorriest Corner in the League" Hobbs.....:tdown:

30. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I would welcome this... Even with Chad Johnson, Denver isn't going to be a threat for at least three more years. By that point he'd be getting close to over the hill. Giving our a secondary practice matching up against that kind of talent twice a year would be great practice for the playoffs.

/am I homer or what.