1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OCS news

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, May 20, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    http://forums.chargers.com/blog.php?b=61

First day of OCS's
    Posted Yesterday at 01:44 PM by caseybolts
    I just got back upstairs after the first morning of OCS's. Here are a couple quick observations:

-Rivers did about the same he did during minicamp. He worked with just the offense and 7-on-7 but didn't do anything when the team defense was on the field.

-L.J. Shelton put on the Bolts for the first time. He was at right tackle with the second team and looked good.

-Nothing new from those that didn't work. Jamal Williams, Nick Hardwick, Eric Parker, Carlos Polk, Antonio Gates, Andrew Pinnock all watched.

-Brandon McKinney was at nose tackle with the first team in base.

-Attendance was very good. They ARE voluntary sessions and some guys will miss a day or two here and there. There were only three players that didn't attend Monday: Darren Sproles, Nate Kaeding and Kassim Osgood.

I'm working on something with Paul Oliver. I'll have it up real soon.

OCS Day 2
    Posted Today at 02:00 PM by caseybolts
    Here's a quick rundown of this morning:

-Sproles was back after attending to a personal matter yesterday. He was pretty typical, outrunning people and juking all over the place.

Later this week or next I hope to do a story on his role after the Chargers drafted two RB's. I still think he'll have a role in the offense.

-Volek tweaked a hamstring yesterday so Whitehurst took all the first-team snaps during the team drills. I thought Charlie looked really good throwing the ball around.

-Cletis Gordon came away with a nifty over the shoulder interception during a 7-on-7 drill. He's really trying to elevate his game with the competition for playing time and a roster spot this summer.

-Steve Gregory also had an INT during team drills. He was playing centerfield and came up and took the ball away from a receiver. Very nice.

-Dan Fouts and Gary Garrison were at practice, nice to see a couple of Bolts legends.

I sat down with Anthony Waters this morning and am punching something out right now that will be on the site soon.

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    We'd be set if l.j. shelton proves to be a good backup at o-tackle. Fingers crossed on him.

I'm intrigued by what your gonna say about Oliver and Waters. Oliver is the mystery man right now on how he's gonna fit in with the d-backs. Waters from all I've read seems like he's progressing well which will be big for us in the years ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If Shelton is healthy he is definitely a good back up. If he rounds into shape, he might even get the occasional start. The guy has been pretty good and he's got the savvy of a vet. At 345 pounds, he could shove some people around near the goal line and on short yardage. He is flexible enough to play both tackle positions and spell McNeil and Clary both from time to time to keep them fresh in hot weather games.

• Like Like x 1