1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Oct. 18: Chargers have #1 Offense, Defense and Passing in the NFL. Why so dysfunctional?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rexy2006, Oct 18, 2010.

1. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    The Bolts have the top of all 3 categories.

What would YOU DO to turn the tide of losses?
    Fire Norv? Fire Steve Crosby? Fire both? If so, WHO would you replace them with?
    If you want to fire them, you MUST say who you would replace them with.

Promote someone off the Practice Squad? Pick a player up from somewhere to bolster the OL? to bolster the ST?

If YOU had control of this team, what would you do?

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I would have to say play the games you were given and play them with equal intensity/passion as the last.

Also we could really use some Memory Eraser fast acting pills/injections. Since the amount of negative to look back on will be hard to forget for fans and players.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    poor discipline

4. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    [​IMG]

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    this

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    On top of this, the numbers are smoke and mirrors. We have played some bad teams, and played from behind requiring a ton of passing, which just ran up the stats.

7. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    As I have said from week one, none of these stats mean anything accept in FANTASY football. The Chargers don't play as a team - therefore, they lose.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    It takes more than one player to garner those kinda statistics buddy.

I can make a million excuses why we're 2-4, but I just don't have the energy to argue with you tonight, so just **** off you little c*nt.

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    GET ALL MARTY ON THEM.
    p1.Schottenheimer.getty.jpg

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Speaking of Marty, he will be interviewed on Scott and BR tomorrow morning. Should be interesting

11. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Cool Thanks. I'll be sure to watch it.

12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I mad because at worst we should have come out of this cupcake part of our schedule 4-2. Then STs screws us out of at least two games, then penalties, injuries, and a shanked FG screw us out of one yesterday, we always start the game on our heels looking completely unprepared and its hard to argue that we just don't look like the same team as last year.

At the same time, I don't think having VJack, McNeill, Tomlinson, or Cromartie would have made any difference in our first 5 games.....but we damn sure missed VJack yesterday when Gates, Floyd, and Naanee were all injured.

So yeah, I'm ******* pissed. And you need to realize your pansy team has 3 wins against teams that are now 4-12 collectively, and get the hell out because you have no room to talk. You should have lost too the Browns, and the Chargers bailed you out in week 1 by falling apart on STs.

14. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    You never fail to bring the excuses Matty.

Poor Poor Chargers...they must be the unluckiest team in the NFL to be better than every team in the NFL while STILL losing to them?

What color is the sky in your world?

15. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I created this thread with POSITIVE changes to the team in mind.
    Fans can complain about so and so and this and that all day long.

BOTTOM LINE: What would you do to MAKE THE TEAM BETTER?

So far, this thread has turned into squabbling, per usual. Sigh.

Fire Norv? Fine. Replace him with WHO? REALISTICALLY?
    I see one person giving Marty as a possibility, which will never happen.

Oh, I attracted a troll. Yay. Not.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is my theory. It is called Ball theory.

We miss Jason Ball and Dave Ball.

That was the last time the Chargers had a pair of BALLS.

We need to get our Balls back.

The End.

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    yup this place used to be a nice place to talk about football, Charger football. Now its dropped to this level. So sad.

18. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    No shyt, well said sir. This guy was most likely spouting off stats like mad in 2003. Now they don't mean anything. Those stats are a pretty good indicator of what type of team you have, and makes what's ailing your team very obvious. Although I have no legit scape goat for this past sundays game.

19. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Wow way to put words in my mouth.

You said.

"If YOU had control of this team, what would you do?"

I responded with.

GET ALL MARTY ON THEM.

Now where does that say I wanted Marty back? Please if you're calling people out don't lie about what they said. Troll? Really? O.K whatever.

20. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    SCOREBOARD.

You lose.

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Stay the coarse with coaching. Whole sale changes would be giving up on a season that has 10 games left.

Get Sproles off of Special Teams. Try out some speedy returners who are not afraid to go up field.

Put Dombo in for Clary now.

Cut Kaeding and bring in a reliable 1 year kicker.

Start fining players for fumbles.

Tell Rivers that he has to start aiming his passes, not just throwing to an area and hoping the receivers will make him look good.

Take a hard look at the LBs, those who cant go IR, and get what ever depth we can.

Start fining players for stopping play before the play is over PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!

Invite MOP to the locker room and have the players flick the crap out of him with rolled up wet towels...

22. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Last year early in the season when the Broncos started 6-0, and in 2008 when the Broncos started 8-4, there were some Broncos fans coming on here talking smack. Broncos were great, Chargers sucked, blah, blah, blah. Now this season the Chiefs are 3-2 and beat San Diego in Arrowhead (really not a hard thing to do for a home team) and we got a Chiefs fan talking smack about how great his team is through 6 weeks of the season, and I'll go ahead and say 7 weeks since the Chiefs play the Jaguars this week. It's the only thing good he has had to be proud of since what....2002, or 2003 the last time they made the playoffs. Everyone is getting all bent out of shape over this guy. Even if the Chiefs by chance win the division, and make the playoffs, it's the only good thing they have done in the past DECADE. Let the dude enjoy his teams early success. He's got almost a decade of smack talk to get off his chest. More power to him.

23. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Kick off and punt returns from 8am until 12am all day, every day. I want to see this team being fined by both the NFL and OSHA for "mistreating" their employees. I want special teams practice with the Chargers to be a sentence on weekdays and a form of "cruel and unusual punishment" for the other team on Sundays.

I want AJ to tell the media that Norv is coaching for his life and I want to hear the head coach acknowledge it.

I want Nate Kaeding to undergo the Ludovico Treatment, .

I want the offensive line to run a lap for every sack on Sundays. I want them puking on the sidelines after every practice. Again, I want to see OSHA list "San Diego Chargers' lineman" as one of the "most dangerous jobs in the world." Ditto for linebacker.

I want to see Lightning Football again!

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    If we fired the coaching staff in mid season, who are you going to replace them with? Right now the entire staff is in place for the rest of the season. What good will it do by firing them right now? By the time you got a new coach in here and he was able to get his system in place, how much of the season is now wasted?

25. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Personally, I don't care who they are replaced with. This team needs to plan for next year. This season is over. Even if we somehow pull out a division win, we will just get smashed in the playoffs and will end up with Norv staying here again where we will see another mediocre season

26. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Yeah! What are we, the Raiders?

27. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    That's what I would say too if my inferior team lucked out.

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    but the Raiders beat us.

It’s the same ol song and dance around here. After every single loss, FIRE (Insert name here) and Fire (Insert name here) what do you accomplish by doing that?

There is no one going to leave a job in the middle of a season to start with another team. If you promote from within you are still going to have the same playbook. If those plays are not working with "X" at coach what makes you think that they will work with "Y" at coach?

If you bring in another coach, he is going to change everything, can you do that in a week?

29. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I wish Acee would ask the question, WTF are Chud and Shelmon doing gameday?.

30. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Thats the problem, I think people underestimate the margine of victory in the NFL. The Chargers won 13 games last year, 5 by less than 5pts....thats the difference between 8-8 and 13-3.

What if the Jets had spotted the Donkies 12pts off STs mistakes in the 1st quarter? They lose last week.
    What if Pittsburgh allows Josh Cribbs to get 2 100yd returns....its 28-28, add a turnover and the Browns could easily have won.
    What if the Texans fumble on the 1yd line.....Chiefs win.

Chargers have the talent, on paper we are a far more talented team than the 4-1 Patriots right now, but they are far more disciplined and better coached.