1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Odds thart Edwards go to the Saints just shrank BIG time

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 28, 2006.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5913516

This added with the other guy the Saints got mean the Saints are probably tired of putting up or dealing with the Chargers for Edwards. Guess we gotta now look at the Panthers

2. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Odds that Edwards go to the Saints just shrank BIG time

That's 2 LB in the last 24 hr for them , they landed a Cowboy for a 4th rounder. Still they are very shallow but it has to strengthen their hand.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Throw some pom-poms on Donnie and make him dress with the referees.

Fugg him.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Two LB, that were probably backups for their original teams.

5. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I actually think this may help the Saints get Donnie.

Once the Eagles sign Stallworth to an extension, that 4th round pick they gave to New Orleans becomes a 3rd rounder.

The Saints then turn around and give that 3rd rounder they got from the Eagles in exchange for Donnie Edwards.

The Saints will have then upgraded their LB corps by 3 extra in a span of a week.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930

they've gotten now three linebackers through fa including scott fujita who will start. My major question is how many draft picks are teh Saints willing to spend to for the now improve their LB corps? this draft upcoming will have some great Lbs and that's long been a complaint of the Saints, do they want to kill hteir draft to upgrade their LBs for now?

7. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, Sean Payton's new defensive scheme requires 4 or 5 good LBs for rotational purposes.

So, they are one or two LBs short of that mark.

The Saints still have their original 2007 picks.

They are using extra picks received in trading some of their backup players for other players that will be able to make an immediate impact on their defense.

They gave up Michael Bennett to the Chiefs in exchange for a 4th rounder, who would have been relegated to a #3 RB status at NO, now with Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush as the top two. They originally signed Bennett from Minnesota before they realized they had a shot at Reggie.

That 4th rounder was given to Dallas for Shanle.

Now, they will probably end up with a 3rd rounder from Philly in exchange for Stallworth. It seems that new HC Payton wasn't too high on Stallworth.

On SaintsReport, they were talking about how Sean Payton was beginning to divest the team of all players that have links to Haslett. Stallworth, Brooks, Dwight Smith, Courtney Watson, etc. are that.

If you've seen the Saints LB corp the past few preseason games, they couldn't tackle worth a crap. It was their secondary doing all the tackling.

So they need LBs, and need them NOW. They can't wait for the 2007 draft like many teams. Not unless they want their 2006 season to be wasted.

8. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    1. how many linebackers are you willing to grab?
    2. are you willing with some of htese LB to take on a one year player for a draft pick?
    3. Of those 1 yr LBs what do you think are the chances of resigning him?

that they got a draft pick that sounds astonishingly like what we on the board have asked for, those three questions are fair ones to ask for a team that's still building for the future.

9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Phuq Donnie Edwards.

I'd rather let Tim Dobbins start in his place. Or Stephen Cooper.

Those two guys know how to get into the backfield and blow up RBs or the play in general.

Donnie just sits there like a steaming pile of crap until someone runs his direction.

10. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Wilhelm and Cooper are the most likely long term starters with Dobbins a stable good backup

Edwards might just go because of hte new draft pick that was picked up but I'm more 40/60 no

11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Maybe I'd take him seriously if he called himself Donald instead of Donnie.

12. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    The two backers that the Aint's have traded for are just roster spots. Neither is really quality starting material. My first thought was that with the additional pick the Saints might now be more willing to up the ante to a third for Edwards.

13. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Adam Schefter just said on NFL Total Access that the pick the Saints acquired from the Eagles is a 4th that will become a third if he plays a certain amount and that they are trying at this very moment to sweeten the deal in order to acquire Edwards.

He also said that the Bolts were actively talking with Kerry Collins who signed today with the Titans.

14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I guess Collins decided to sign with the Titans because he might have a greater chance of playing.

15. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

That's exactly what Schefter said

16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    hmmmm that would imply that the Panthers made an offer, made a better offer then the Saints 4th and now AJ is letting the both of them make a deal. I take back saying anything bad about AJ, so far so good.

17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Did anyone hear Donnie on 1090 this morning?

18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    wha hoppened??

19. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Donnie says his back is actually hurt. I wonder how much?

I wouldnt give a 3rd rounder for a player who is 33 AND hurt.

20. saintfan

saintfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    If he is hurt then just why do yall want so much for him in trade?

21. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    They are feigning that injury because they don't want the greatest MLB to have ever played gone.

The Saints should give up a 3rd rounder and consider it that they stole Donnie away from us.

:yes:

22. saintfan

saintfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Are you a politician or used car salesman???? If not you should be...The greatest MLB ever????

23. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930

DO you wanna run #3 by me again?
    :icon_evil:

24. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    I cannot stand how far political correctness has gone is this country but that was a boneheaded comment.:icon_shrug: