1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Off topic but one of the bolttalk members was on the news tonight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sd-local, Aug 20, 2007.

1. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Go to cbs8.com on the top right there is a news ticker, watch the story entitled,"New plan to stop drunk drivers"

That's me and my business, just wanted to share with someone. Sorry I didn't mention the site, couldn't really find a way it would pertain to the story.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That is way way cool !!! :tup:

Freaking props. You are going to need another bus because that is a great idea you have going on. :icon_toast:

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Kick *** idea. Shoot for the moon with it and you'll make some big bucks. Maybe make "bus two" (when it comes) go just between Downtown and PB. It would open a world of business from both areas, and wouldn't limit you to SDSU students.

And good for you keeping the drunks off the road. I hope it goes huge for you.

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Another idea is to get a 40' motorhome fully stocked to shuttle Chargers players for a night out on the town. :tup:

I bet the Chargers players would use that over a LIMO.

Using slogans like "Don't get Mansker'd or Foley'd" so call us before you lose your career.........Special trip for the players to meet the fans etc etc etc .....

5. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the support...come opening night I'm going to be giving friends free booze/stuff to just hang out at the stops/ride a bit/talk us up so if anyone's is interested let me know

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Expect to be a very busy man.

I will make you a deal so heads up.

If you want to get a banner made up for your company and you want some more free advertising, I would be willing to hang it up at our tailgater for the Chargers Home Opener. It is almost guaranteed to get on multiple TV outlets if you play your cards right and get me playing the horn around your banner. :tup:

If you have business cards or flyers, bring them and hand them out as well.

That is my small way of saying thanks for giving something back to the community. :tup: :icon_toast:

The offer is open until gameday so no worries.

Good luck !!!!!

7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    SD-local Can Bolttalk get free advertising for the bus or buses? :unsure:

8. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Turbo...there are panels along the inside of the bus that I will be selling to bars/restaurants/whoever pays...anything that is not occupied will be donated to friends/family/non-profit until it is requested for purchase...

In short yes, what would you like to advertise?

And thanks Trumpet I'll let you know about that proposal, sounds great

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You know this would be a good Thumper project. :yes:

If Z-BUS has a website and wants a link placed here in exchange for a sign or logo in/on the bus promoting Bolttalk.com and the Podcasts/Forums could work in each ones favor. I scratch your back and you scratch mine.

I am throwing stuff out there for consideration for both parties now that my management hat is on so heads up.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    omg

that's one of my friends from middle school and from temple!!!

I've known that guy for like 10 yrs!!!! :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

11. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Hey, great idea .. I wish you a lot of luck!

Curious thought .. Have you thought about expanding it to include other colleges like USD or UCSD?

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Props to you and your Z-Bus :tup: I'm impressed. I've been mowed over by drunk drivers not once, but twice...good luck! Maybe you could slip a Chargers bolt sticker on the back of that baby...:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Heya neighbor!

14. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Yeah great idea SD_local. When you kick off the business let us know, and we'll mention the service on the podcast.

15. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Great Idea!

BTW - It's very scary to hear the student say "everyone's getting them" as if a DUI was a tattoo or an iPod. :frightened:

16. o-line protagonist

o-line protagonist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Great idea and good looking out for your fellow student's. Hope all goes well.:icon_toast: