1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Offical combine thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Perhaps in time I will come to appreciate your ability to regurgitate cbssports.com rankings in the form of a mock draft. Or could you tell me what walterfootball.com thinks? Because that would be really impressive.

2. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +250
    Dude, if you're so big time and everyone else here knows nothing in comparison, then why bother even posting on here? Why aren't you the Canadian Mike Mayock on whatever football channel they have in Canada?

I don't know why you'd come in here disrespecting people who don't agree with you, at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sounds a little bit "keyboard warrior" to me, and totally unnecessary.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Ignore him, his whole purpose is just to rile people up. If you don't engage, he'll get bored and move along.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

4. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Do yourselves a favor and find out who I am you noobs. If you don't like my attitude I don't give a fuc, I type with impunity and have been banned from more Chargers forums than all of you pussies combined because douchebags like you mocked me for calling LT a pussy for walking out of bounds and started to cry when I jihaded your asses and threw **** right back in your faces! The new owner of this site is a longtime friend of mine who hit the jackpot with SIRI stock and bought this place and if I want to take a dump in his house then this thread is the guest bathroom.

And for the record I love Verrett as a guy you line up in the slot or on a #2. Like I said his film is fantastic and he is the best CB in the draft providing glue coverage and playing the ball in the short-intermediate game. Over the top is a different issue and just as QBs who are immaculate short-intermediate throwers but who struggle with the long ball don't merit 1st round selections, neither do CBs with the same issue. Doesn't mean they won't be great players at doing what they do best and contribute to wins so stop misinterpreting my posts you dics!!! Verrett is lightyears ahead of Roby and being comparable players you take him over Roby all day.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Sorry, but if that's all you've got in the "Please look at me! I can be rude and obnoxious! I'm Canadian!!" department,
    geez, I can get higher quality whining on 100 other sites. Do you really think calling people you don't know anything about by junior high school names impresses anyone? Seriously? Is that how they "roll" in Nunavut & Labrador? :p
    How is anyone supposed to take maladjusted 8th grader behavior seriously?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +123
    This one kind of perfectly described it for me....

7. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Son I have legions of followers and have made $3000 over the past few years selling college football related information at 3 different websites without even trying hard while guys here contribute horrible articles to bleacherreport and whatever publication eldwin is doing now for FREE and flip out because some guy posted a hideous chargers.com quality mock draft with dogshit players in it.

I introduce you to Darrin Reaves who has been my boy for 2.5 years and this is how you repay me?

8. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +123
    Alright, please name these websites that you write for...

Also Reaves got a 4th round grade from the draft advisory committee. Its not like nobody knows about him...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    You on cocaine?
    You on cocaine still

10. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +751
    Good for you man, I typically make that in a month:). So if you have so many followers and are a well respected college analyst in Canada what are some things that you may have written? Just curious. And do they have logic and reasoning to your thoughts or do you just spit out **** like your writing lyrics to an ICP song. "that guy sucks" and "dog **** players" just doesn't sound analytical to me

11. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Verrett allowed a completion % of 14.29 on passes 20+ yards down the field.

12. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +115
    Read the title of this post, combine thread why do you have to come on here and Start $Hit?? i personnaly dont give a fuc how much money you got or who you are. You're a Dic-K. Post about the combine not about irrelevant $hit to people on the internet, cause you feel the need to fill a void in your life.. Any who Dennard solidified himself as a top 15 pick, gilbert wont make it past the bengals with a 4.35 40 yard dash, i think our best bet is Nix in the first and roby in the second. No Olb really stood out at the combine, no al davis picks " combine warriors" but some linebackers did a good job at locking up there place. Shazier IMO improved his draft stock

• Like Like x 1
  13. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +115
  14. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +250
    I might be a little out of touch here, but when exactly did it become cool to get banned from online forums? Look at me boys, I'm a rebel, just got out the penn for breaking forum rules, F the po-po!

Also, since the new owner of this site is a "longtime friend" of yours, shouldn't you have more respect for him than to act the fool on his forum?

And lastly, you post that you don't "give a fuc" if people don't like your attitude, yet you still reply to them with these uptight big boy responses, so it seems that you actually do "give a fuc".

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Fuc you I found him first!!!

16. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Yes, I'm familiar with the theory that :eek: any attention is good attention :confused: …I just don't agree with it

Screen Shot 2014-02-26 at 4.17.38 PM.png

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  17. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +344
    Listen dude. I have read about enough of your disrespectful posts. You have been gone for quite some time. Now you want to come back in here and treat these members like ****? No sir.

For the record, this is a forum where frankly nobody cares about you making $3,000 selling whatever it was you were selling. Hell I made $3200 last week playing Texas hold em. Does that make me better than you at hold em? No. Just means I was dealt good hands and played them well.

I for one in the past have had a huge issue with you posting here for this same reason. But at the same time respected a lot of your draft knowledge and some of the predictions you made. But with that said there are a half dozen or more people on this site that I do believe have also earned that. I am asking you nicely 1 time to be respectful to the opinions of others on here. Drop the name calling, and disrespect please.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Listen I am sure your inbox has been flooded with complaints from guys who got butthurt and if you are a busy man then maybe moderation isn't the job for you. I mean I never really got to know you because you always hid behind the scenes doing Thumper's dirty work and used Conc as your cover.

Now as for earning, the only guy who has earned anything is 909 because he put up with my attitude for years and is now a master talent evaluator! All my friends are guys who once hated me because they learned when it comes to MTL you just shut up and listen :abq2:

Was bolttalk.com acquired on the condition of allowing all staff members to remain in place? Seriously though I can't believe jdog didn't clean house!! His only assets are that jewish kid and chinaman who do the podcasts in their BDSM equipment-laden basement. For all I know jdog is a born against christian. I can't believe he backstabbed leisure and bought this place!!!!!!! Either jdog mans up and comes have a nice talk with me so we can solve this problem or I hereby excommunicate jdog from leisureworld. He knows where to find me.

19. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    Add ILB as a need.. Donald Butler is reportedly looking for AND will get Dannell Ellerbe money on the open market. Which would be a 5 yr/$35M contract. I would you give him a $25M-30M, but not $7M a year.

20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    We hear stuff like this every year, FAs asking for the world and it almost never comes close to the mark.

Butler is good, but in reality he's only had 1 real good full season due to injuries, and honestly be didn't even play that well when he came back this year. Ellerbee didn't deserve the money he got and he was a key part of a Super Bowl team, my guess is Butler gets 20-25M with less than half guaranteed....any more than that and I'm fine with letting him walk.

21. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    An agent actually tweeted that out, a fan asked him a question about Donald Butler. Decent source, its reportedly Eric Weddle's agent.

22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    I think you are incorrect on both counts.

24. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +123
    Due to the fact that Sean Lee got 55m and there's some other guys who got similar money. He'll get 35ish mil a year, at least it will take that much to get him to give them a team friendly deal for the first year. I have no problem giving him that type of money.

25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    I have a problem with it considering he's never made a Pro Bowl and only really had 1 healthy season.

I'd sooner franchise tag him than commit long term at this point. I think he's got more to prove.

26. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I was not previously aware of born against Christians…are they reincarnations of Friedrich Nietzsche or something?

Clearly, I can learn a lot from Mtl

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +123
    There's a huge difference between getting that money...and getting that money GUARANTEED. The guaranteed money will be small, but the total money will probably be closer. Pro Bowls dont mean ****...he's been a much better player than Ellerbe ever was...

28. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    I'd have to agree with Duff on this one. He's proven worth the money in every case except this last season when the entire defense was playing like garbage. Pro bowls don't mean anything to me. And we really can't afford to tag him.

29. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    LOL the Pro Bowl thing doesn't matter to us, but I bet the players wave the flag out there when it comes time to get a new deal as a..."see look what I've done." And if like Butler they don't have a PB to their name that's when it doesn't really matter. The point I was making is I don't see Butler having leverage as far as stats or PBs is concerned.

I like Butler a lot, I think he could be one of the cornerstones of our defense, but in 4 years he's consistently battled injuries. You guys are right though the F-tag numbers for LBs is higher than I thought it would be, I expected something around TE or RB level and instead they get pass rusher numbers.

30. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261
    Jewish kid and chinaman? Wow. Going to give you a couple days to "fix" that comment.

If you want to chat with me, send me a private conversation.

• Winner Winner x 1