1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Officer who shot Foley testifies he never showed badge

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Officer who shot Foley testifies he never showed badge

Woman companion of Chargers linebacker ordered to stand trial
    By Karen Kucher
    UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM

1:02 p.m. October 18, 2006

SAN DIEGO – An off-duty Coronado police officer testified Wednesday that he never showed his badge to either San Diego Chargers linebacker Steve Foley or the 26-year-old woman riding in his car when he followed them after noticing Foley driving erratically.

Officer Aaron Mansker, who was on his way home wearing civilian clothes and driving his own car, shot Foley at least three times outside his home on a Poway cul-de-sac early in the morning Sept. 3.

Mansker was cross-examined on the second day of Lisa Maree Gaut's preliminary hearing.

The hearing ended with Superior Court Judge Frederick Maguire ruling that Gaut should stand trial for assault with a deadly weapon on a peace officer and other charges. She is accused of trying to hit the off-duty officer with Foley's car. Her arraignment was set for Nov. 1.

Mansker, 23, testified he shouted that he was a police officer to Foley and Gaut several times after following them from state Route 163 into a Poway neighborhood. But under questioning by defense attorney Ray Vecchio, he acknowledged he never showed them the badge on his belt clip.

“Throughout this whole incident, you didn't show him your badge?” Vecchio asked.

“I did not,” Mansker replied.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE ON THE UNION TRIBUNE WEBSITE

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I heard this on the 1090 today as well.

The Officer should be put on trial and charged for criminal neglect and wreckless endangerment and anything else I can think of from watching Perry Mason back in the day. :tdown:

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Foley should just retire with his settlement which will be in the millions and stay drunk and find more federal parolee skanks like Lisa Marie Gault to have for his harem ........

People shake their heads like that is a "bad deal" ..... :lol:

4. Flowsomuch

Flowsomuch BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Just wow.

Looks like the cop had a vendetta against drunk drivers after all.

SMH at the cop thinking that Foley knew he was a police officer.

Hell, let me hold a 9mm and follow people around and yell to them that I'm a police officer. I wonder if they'll believe me.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    the cop basically just ended any defense he had

• Like Like x 1
  6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    This isn't the first time he's done this either. He admitted to stopping quite a few people thinking they were drunk only to find out later that they weren't.

I guess having a family member killed by a drunk driver is continually affecting his judgment and making him somewhat overly sensitive when he sees other drivers on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Cop not showing his badge...major mistake.
    Foley DUI....career ending bad judgement.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,466
    All and all this is just one big cluster ****.
    Once Foley gets healthy, put them both in the same cell, and who ever comes out alive is innocent.:lol: I got 100 on Steve.

Hows that for justice?

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    trADE STEVE to san francisco

10. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Game over, man... game over.

[​IMG]

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings: