1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL 2012 BoltTalk Mock Draft Info/Sign-up thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Announcing the 2012 BoltTalk Mock Draft to be held at noon PST this coming Saturday, April 21, 2012. Anteater Charger and I will be the organizers this year.

Please reply to this thread with the team that you wish to represent in the draft. Single requests for a team will be honored. Multiple requests will require that those reps be picked at random from a pool of teams to include both those requested by multiple users and those without a rep.

Final draft order as of 12 noon PST, 4/21/12 will be used. There will be NO TRADES allowed in this mock. The mock will officially consist of the first round only. If folks are available and wish to continue with following rounds, feel free to do so. You will be given 3 mins. to make your pick. If not entered by the end of the 3 mins., that pick will be made by Ant or myself using BPA based upon team needs. If you have designated a backup team rep, make sure that you list this in order to limit confusion.

Ant or I will post the final teams/reps here on Thursday, 4/19. This will give you a couple of days to research your team needs and make clusters.

We will post another thread on 4/21 to enter/track the draft choices and provide any final info. I do not anticipate using the chat function as it can be unreliable for some folks with slower connections (like me :) ).

This is the date. If you absolutely can't make it but still wish to participate, I will provide an email address where you can send me 4 picks in the order you wish considered and I will post the pick for you. Should all 4 of those choices be gone, Ant or I will choose BPA based upon team needs.

Ant or anyone else planning to participate - if I have neglected something related to this event or you have a constructive suggestion, please chime in. I've participated in several of these but never organized one so I'll welcome your help to make this a fun time.

I was given the Chargers last year so I will bow out of requesting to be their rep this year. On that note, let's get the ball rolling. Request lines are now OPEN. :abq1:

Here's the official 2012 draft order TO DATE:

1 Indianapolis Colts
    2 Washington Redskins (from St. Louis Rams)
    3 Minnesota Vikings
    4 Cleveland Browns
    5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    6 Rams (from Redskins)
    7 Jacksonville Jaguars
    8 Miami Dolphins
    9 Carolina Panthers
    10 Buffalo Bills
    11 Kansas City Chiefs
    12 Seattle Seahawks
    13 Arizona Cardinals
    14 Dallas Cowboys
    15 Philadelphia Eagles
    16 New York Jets
    17 Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland Raiders)
    18 San Diego Chargers
    19 Chicago Bears
    20 Tennessee Titans
    21 Bengals
    22 Browns (from Atlanta Falcons)
    23 Detroit Lions
    24 Pittsburgh Steelers
    25 Denver Broncos
    26 Houston Texans
    27 New England Patriots (from New Orleans Saints)
    28 Green Bay Packers
    29 Baltimore Ravens
    30 San Francisco 49ers
    31 Patriots
    32 New York Giants

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    And can someone please sticky?

Thanks!

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I'm absolutely in, I'll take any team

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I'm in. but wont be able to make it, I'll E-mail you the players, Also is it one person per pick like say I was thinking of taking Cleveland can I make both picks??

5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    And Also do we have to give a description why we picked them?

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's 1 team per person so yes - if you get a team with multiple picks you make all of their picks. I'll get you my email info.

Ant, how do we send PM's here? I seem to only find the messaging board for individual members but that appears to be open for anyone to view.

No, you'll only have to announce the player. In the actual draft thread I'll provide a basic format to follow, something like "With the xx pick, the team name selects player name, position, college.

7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Ok cool thanks, In that case put me down for Cleveland

• Like Like x 1
  8. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Just wanted to stop by and say good luck this year with the bolttalk draft! ;)

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    This is separate to the Podcast draft right?. I'm in if so. Noon PST is 8PM for me, if a pick is made every 3 mins I can be ready about 1.15PM PST (it is bedtime for the little one here about noon PST), so can I have the Packers maybe?. Looking forward to it.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yes in addition to the Podcast. I'll put you down for a vote to be Packers' GM.

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    If Packers are gone I'll take any team say after pick 25, no probs if I can't get em.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    No problem. Unless we get much more response before Thursday, this won't be happening.

13. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Buck did we ever find out how to PM my picks to you?

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Not yet.

Ant or rob?

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    If you get a team, then just PM us the day of the draft a big board of picks, and we can pick the highest ranking player available on it left. If all are off, we can either text you or go BPA

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I was unaware of the podcast draft. Since there's been little to no response for this, I'm bagging it.

Enjoy.