1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

*** OFFICIAL *** 49ers @ Chargers 2007 Preseason Game 4 Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Aug 30, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Com'n Camp Fodder...Keep these rat bastards out of the endzone!

TBF

2. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Wow, another sack. YES! That's 3 tonight now, isn't it? Or 4?

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    But you have seen Charlie look good?

Those are homer colored glasses you wear. Personnally , i havent been impressed with Whitehurst much at all. The TD pass was nice but he has been pretty bad overall.

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Boltjolt again.

:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    First Point- Pinnock does not impress me at all.

Second Point-Davis does and so does Chandler.

Third Point-Channel-Channel 8 abandons the game to pimp a new stadium so now I'm doing audio on 105.3.

Fall on the ball, Cletis.

The new Unis are lookin' pretty *****in'

Whitehurst misses one to Chandler that Rivers would have completed.

Kassim Osgood does his thing. He is a football player

Delaney Walker punks Cromartie.

It doesn't appear that they can IR Waters. He's whacking people rather well.

Gordon makes a classic tackling mistake. Wrap the bastard up you ninny. He had a solid shoulder on him but he short armed the tackle. Putz.

Geez, I'm taken aback. A blizt. Tucker gets a sack.

TV coverage is crap. They paid no real attention to the game through the iterview with Lo Neal. Hint-tape the goddam interview and then playback the audio and brief video clips during the flow of the game when the announcers have run out of clever things to say. People watch the game to watch the game.

Davis impresses me once again. Nice TD. Officials challenge. It appears his knee touched with the ball breaking the plane.

yes!

Gregory gets brownie points from me because he appears to know how to tackle. Shoulder, wrap, refrigerate. Weddle almost makes me cream my jeans. Almost. I'm not that desperate. I have one prejudice about keeping guys. Tackling. Gregory tackles. Flo, Cromartie, Jammer, whoever, watch the films, take notes-Gregory tackles. So does Weddle, who also knows where the ball is headed. Hart appears to know where the ball is going, too. Hart starts, Weddle is the nickel. Cromartie understudies Flo unless Flo shows the light has not gone on in his head during the first couple of games. Cro has much to learn, but if Flo doesn't show more field sense, Cro will challenge on ability alone early in the season. Again, Pinnock does not impress me.

Weddle finds the ball. He finds the ball each and every time. The decision between Weddle and Hart, between Cro and Flo and other matchups is more difficult than it ought to be because the Chargers have not put these guys into real game situations with the schemes they will play. They've been playing miniature golf in a PGA world.

Oliver is emerging.

Channel 8 blew it again. Commercial break during two plays.

Chargers will go 2-0.

These are rough notes.

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    good save, secondary.

7. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    WEDDLE!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPORTS WOOD! WOOHOO!!

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Why didn't Weddle just bat the ball down? :icon_shrug:
    Hasn't he been tought that since Pee Wee football? :icon_rofl:

:icon_tease:

9. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +279
    see.

10. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Cromartie is very unimpressive. I would worry if he had to replace Flo due to injury.

Weddle shows great promise but Hart has played well so he gets the job.
    Anthoney Waters was making tackles all over tonight. He is going to be very good. He and Siler both should make the team if there is room for Siler. Id hate to lose him.

Oliver did ok and seems to be coming on some. BR said he was a very good player so they must like him more than posters do which is expected. He needs to develope. I think he will be fine in time.

Whitehurst just is unimpressive. The TD pass was nice but overall, he stunk.

Pinnock IMO should either be cut or strictly a FB.

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    What's all this football talk about?

Tune into Showtime!! "Busty Cops" is on!!! :icon_party:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    What a completely boring game, but then, game 4 of the preseason is always major scrubtime and therefore complete dogshit. I got a ***** every time we got a turnover, and with a total of 6 tonight, I was sporting alot of wood @ the game tonight. BTW, FU monsoonal flow, I hate you. Weather was godawful tonight. Volek and Whitehurst are crap, I mean, Tennessee made the right call not keeping him as their starter. He was missing the reciever all over the field, same with Whitey, other than 1 pass (Davis TD) he looked like he played his way right back to where he is on the depth chart, last. Gordon lost a roster spot tonight big time.

Bring on the regular season.

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Bullshiit.

Volek and Whitehurst kick fuc-king ***.

To say they suck shows how little you know about quality QB'ing.

This stable of OB's is THE BEST this fuc-king team has seen since they were born. :yes:

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    I know what I saw and it was ugly. Check down, check down, check down. Missing wide open recievers going against scrub time D. Major WTF time for me.

15. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    The preseason was kind of lackluster for me...I will be glad to see the regular season get here...I think the off-season went by fast...

It's too hot still to sleep, even with the fan in the window...I turned off the air for the night because I don't want a $500 electric bill...and tomorrow's gonna be another scorcher.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Pffft...check down to 15th stringers. :yes:

This is THE BEST STABLE OF QB'S this team has EVER had period end of statement.

The closest we have had to this was Brees, Rivers, Flutie, Lemon and that QB staff kicked *** as a whole.

Rivers, Volek, Whitehurst ... if anyone doubts this combo. You just do not have a clue.

17. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

??? Volek stunk, he missed allot of recievers tonight, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn....HOWEVER, Whitehurst was very good.
    SO perhaps you know half about quality QB'ing.:icon_tease:
    Based on Philip and Brees's play last year, I'd say the best QB group this team has every had would have been the 05 season...basically two pro bowlers.

:icon_party: More Patron please

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Volek is the ****. :yes:

You look at one game in pre-season where scrub *** receivers running wrong routes is used to judge???? :tdown: You should know better than that but oh well. :icon_shrug:

19. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Without knowing the exact patterns (as in yard before making the cut, or correct angle of slant after cut) I can't say if the recievers actually ran the wrong routes...but I'm glad you can.
    I saw Volek thrown behind several recievers, so I'd say that's a case of the QB not leading his receiver. He also overthrew Floyd by a mile on one, and I don't think Floyd is one of our scrubs...he should know how to run his route.

20. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    This doesnt happen much, but i agree 100%!

I mean remember back when we had scrubs like craig whelihan and Moses Moreno backing up an even bigger scrub like Cryin Ryan

The depth we have at QB is sickening this year

• Like Like x 1
  21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You do not have to be real football savvy to conclude or even surmise in Game 4 of the Preseason where the last guy on the squad is playing that the receivers are not executing their routes with precision.

Floyd's biggest knock is his route running skills. Everything else in that dudes game kickass.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Correct. Fourth quarter slop time in the last game before the season starts is not going have receivers and QB's on the money. Looking for talented play at this point is like trying find something decent when you're late for a rummage sale.

23. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Just had tp pop in and say thanks to Trumpie and Mrs Trumpie for thye excellent tailgate yestreday. We had a tremendous time as always and it was great to get to talk football and ideas for the forum with alot of you.:icon_toast: :abq1:

GO CHARGERS!!!:icon_toast: :abq2: :flag:

24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    OH and I tried the garlic fries at Gordon Biersh they kick ***!:tup:

25. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    :icon_huh: Um, .........WHAT?

He threw ONE good pass. Thats very good?

Whitehurst isnt close to even being in Voleks league.

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That was a great tailgater indeed. :tup:

Now we have the Chargers canopy and an umbrella for shade so more people were more comfortable. The food was just enough for everyone and I am happy you folks enjoyed it !!! :tup: I ate like a pig.

Dmercado who was at the end BBQ'ing had some killer tri-tips going on and the dude with the fried coconut (Jim), damn I love that stuff.

Next on our agenda is to get these guys a generator somehow so we can broadcast the tailgaters LIVE streamed on the internet and do a Podcast. That would rock.

27. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152

Youve been spouting this same crap for a year now, so PLEASE explain to me what makes Volek so great

Outside of 2 games, what has he EVER done???

28. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    When you can answer that question about Whitehurst which includes playing better than Volek at ANY point , then we can talk.

What he has done is more than Whitehurst has and Whitehurst hasnt had success in preseason, let alone in a NFL game as a starter.

Now....all im saying is Whitehurst is not as good as Volek because the fact is, he isnt. You want to point to the pass last night that Whitehurst threw for a TD, but that was his only good pass of the night. Some of his throws were so off target it wasnt funny and yet you dont mention what a good game Volek had last week.

Volek wasnt that great last night either but at least he was up against a first team defensive unit.

I really dont know what you see in Whitehurst the way you see him. He will SOMEDAY be a good backup but he isnt yet and he has a ways to go to even be a backup because right now imo, he is a borderline a scrub.
    He HAS potentual but he just hasnt played well at all so far.

You can call it crap if you want to , but the fact is,...it is the truth.