1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Bolttalk Super Bowl Party Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 7, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,890
    THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR DISCUSSION ABOUT THE BOLTTALK GET TOGETHER FOR THE SUPER BOWL, NOTHING ELSE!

Having said that there are two options
    1. The Chargers make the super bowl and the Chargers open up the Q to watch it on the jumbotron. We all tailgate outside like it was a home game then troop on in to watch the game.
    or
    2. We do this at someone's house. Thumper has volunteered, does anyone else want to as well?

Either way we also need to divide up food, drinks, beer, liquor, plates, etc.

Suggestions?

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,298
    I'm making my playoff trek to San Diego to go to next Sunday's game, so I won't be available for this.

I'll rep the Bolts in Arkansas. :abq2:

3. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    We are going to have to wait and see what happens. If we are in the super bowl, its going to be a late start and not sure if everyone will be able to make it.
    Plus Im sure there will be plenty of bowl parties everyone will be going to.
    I would like to think maybe the pro bowl would be a great get together cuz no one really minds missing a couple of plays from that game. Just a lil 2 cents on my end.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I am going to party in the parking lot and go inside and watch it on the jumbo tron with the rest of the rowdies.

Plus, we get to greet the players back later that night I would imagine !!!

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Im with Trumpy, I wanna be at the Q with the masses.

I'll be bringing all the finest carne I can carry for that party.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,058
    Unless Thumper has a huge house, I would think our only option to watch this a group, would be the Q if they open it.

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have already made up my mind. I may never get another chance to do this so it has to be this way.

Carne asada and lobster. I am thinking about doing a clam bake, shrimp with corn on the cob and tins of butter.

Dude .... we have to go LARGE on this and party like rock stars.

This calls for us to pool resources such as who has the "in's" on lobster and shrimp etc etc etc.

Yup that is my vision of doing it up right.

Whatcha think ?

8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    You can count me in on it, and lets just sideline what we were talking about earlier

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Cool.

I have been racking my brain on this and I really did not need to do it because it makes sense. Asada and lobster and shrimpies and corn on the cob and clams ........ and a shitload of lemon butter....and beer.....

I am getting hungry thinking about grub.... :lol:

10. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    Agreed, if we make it, I will pitch in

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I really do not think anyone has a pad large enough for the entire group who attends.

12. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +854

I hope this is what happens. But I'm up for anything.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,890
    I think that (I don't want to say this but I don't have a choice) IF the Chargers go to the Super Bowl we do it at the stadium and we just go balls up on this tailgate with the best stuff we can find. And I'll even contribute some kick *** champagne for the cause. So that's obviously the top choice

Thumper offered his apartment as a backup option if we don't do this at the stadium but from what I gather that's a backup option though greatly appreciated.

I still want to get more people's opinions
    In addition; who else can come???

14. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Yes, yEs, yeS!

Can one camp at the Q if necessary?:icon_huh:
    If we party like the last time I partied like a rockstar, dont know if Ill make it out the parking lot.:icon_eek: We would need DDOYA.

15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I do not have a huge house. Plus it ends up I'll have no furniture here by Super Bowl time. Looks like the Q is the best option so far.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BayAreaCharger

BayAreaCharger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109
    I'm going to the "Q" to party it up for the Super Bowl. It's going to be crazy!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when we win. That might just give me wood.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,058
    Then the Q it is, unless someone steps up with something else, now all we need to know is if they are going to open it up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I would be honored to open up my house for my buds but I simply dont have the space for all you rowdy fuks.

:lol:

19. BIG WILLIE STYLE

BIG WILLIE STYLE BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    If we are to go to the Super Bowl, I am SERIOUSLY going to Miami.

I won't be at the game, but i'll be there partying it up near Joe Robbie. :abq1: :abq2:

20. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Im almost positive they open the Q for the super bowl. I might try to make it out if we are fortunate enough to get to the show.

21. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I am your "in" on seafood. I worked at a fish market in La Jolla for like 5 years. I am still close friends with the owner.

The stadium sounds like it might be the best for the whole experience. The TV's will suck, but like Ron said earlier, we are all going to record the game and watch it 1000 times anyways....

• Like Like x 1
  22. sarahbearak20

sarahbearak20 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    I wish I could be in SD with everyone to do that. It would be so much fun. I'll be with ya in spirit Cheerin' on our boltz!!
    :bolt2:
    Sarah

• Like Like x 1
  23. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I thought this was a get together at the Superbowl in Miami.

I'm going. It's going to cost me a pretty penny, but I'm not sure I'll ever get another opportunity. Tickets are around $4,000 - 4,500 for a good seat starting in the 10-30 yard line (which is what I'm aiming for).

Anyone else going to the game?

I'm going to be doing a boyz trip to Florida around that time and will be partying it up with the others. I went to Jacksonville (only the festivities, not the game) because I know someone who lives there. It really is cool to go, even if you don't make it into the game. Sat at a taping for the best damn sports show, met a bunch of players/celebrities, etc. Most of that stuff is free, so it's all about supporting your team with the masses and walking around with a yard of beer in your hand. :tup: :abq2:

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    All I need to know is how many pounds of Carne to get from our Lord and Savior and I'll make the trip to the IV to grab the finest.

****, if someone is gonna hook up some fuggin Lobster then I think the wife may finally have no excuse not to show.

This is gonna be awesome.

25. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,890
    I'll bring some more people as well
    we'll start getting a head count the week before the super bowl so we can know how much of what to get. But we will go all out on this badboy! It'll be the greatest tailgate ever

I'll even bring some cigars :tup:

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Biitchin' .... we shall see how everything unfolds...

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    VFV22 (ViewFromView22) is going

Rule12B is going that I know of right off the bat.

I went in 1995 but to be honest my thoughts were at home with the fans who could not make it.......not this time. I am staying close to my Bolt homies. :bolt2: :icon_toast:

28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,879
    Heck, what a terrible time not to be home. Sounds like a great party that I can only dream about, but I'd be willing to kick in and help that cause. At least:icon_twisted: :bolt2: :icon_toast: I'll know I helped.

29. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    In '95 I got a suite at the MGM grand in Vegas. This time I want to be with all my Bolt Brothers & Sisters. I wll be pretty much moved out of San Diego by then, but I'm coming back just to feel all the BoltTalk / Charger love. It's going to be a day I'll remember the rest of my life. The Chargers first Super Bowl win. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  30. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,727
    *edited for FEAR