1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

*** OFFICIAL *** Chargers @ Bengals GameDay Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Nov 12, 2006.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Kickoff is about 10 hours away!

Time to tame the kitties.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Too early to post in this thread, guess you cant sleep yet

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,641
    Hopefully I'll be able to catch the game tommorrow somewhere in LA. In about 14-15 hours I'll be getting on a cruise ship in Long Beach for a 7 day trip. God I love vacations.

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
  5. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    I love how they try give us no respect. Even our backups are better than alot of defenses in this league. Im beginning to feel that this is going to be our year. Alot of **** happening, could be a great storyline in winning the super bowl, overcoming alot of distractions, injuries.

6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    the Chargers are live in the UK tonight at 6pm UK time so i get to watch them today:icon_banana:

Come on you Chargers!!!!

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    We beat Cincy and Denver the next two weeks, no one will be disrespecting us.
    :yes:

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    I woke up this morning to my alarm at 7am, but, while trying to snooze it I guess I changed the time on it.

End result: I thought I woke up at 10:40 and was worried I was going to miss out on some tailgating.

Anyways, it's 8 am here and i'm about ready to rock. :bolt:

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

GOOD ON YA HOLLYWOOD!!!

Represent Boltheads with pride!!

:icon_toast: :icon_toast:

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I am ready to rock

Go Chargers !!

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw

Chargers | McKinney signed to active roster
    Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:12:05 -0800

The San Diego Chargers announced DL Brandon McKinney has been signed from the team's practice squad to their active roster.

12. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I am stuck in lewiston Idaho right now using wireless internet. I will miss this game, Iam going tobe stuck in Salt Lake City airport for a 2 hour layover during the first 30 min's of the game, then fly during the rest of the game. This sucks :(

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That indeed sucks.

One day I think I will visit Idaho just to say I took a leak in that state :icon_mrgreen:

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Bummer Comp,

I'll hoist a coupla brews in your honor!!!

:icon_toast: :icon_toast:

15. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848

That is unlucky mate

Couldn't you ask someone to tape the game for you??

16. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    Thaks boys!! Go bolts!! Th eplane is about to board and the wife is giving me the stink eye to turn the computer off and get on the plane

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Later dude and for sure I will drink a shitload for you so do not worry :icon_mrgreen:

18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Can you get text messages while flying? We can update you by quarter if you want?

19. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

I've "cooled my tires" in damn near every State.

20. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    UT Stuff

CFX Game Preview

Binn there, doesn't do that

Some good stuff in there on Binn.

Castillo out for Cincy game

LT's no stiff at staving off tacklers

Scouting Report

Five things to watch

Statistics: Chargers vs. Bengals

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cincy Enquirer

Rough times, tough foe

If not 'must-win' game, badly needed

Isolation Booth: Brooks vs L.T.

First down

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

USA Today

Chargers Inside Slant

Week 10 Previews

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (6-2) at CINCINNATI BENGALS (4-4)

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS

• Surface: Synthetic. Sheridan's line: Chargers by 1½.

• Keys to the game: The Bengals have to improve in two key areas: third-down offense and rushing defense. They are converting just 31.7% on third down while giving up 129.2 rushing yards a game. The Chargers will attempt to exploit that with RB LaDainian Tomlinson, who has rushed for 355 yards, averaging 8.3 yards a carry, with five TDs in his past two games. That includes nine runs of 10 yards or longer, so the Bengals have to find a way to eliminate the big plays on the ground. The Bengals will go no-huddle during the course of the game, but QB Carson Palmer must keep RB Rudi Johnson involved in the game plan. The Chargers have 20 sacks in their past five games.

• Fast facts: Chargers: The offense has scored on 30 of 31 red-zone possessions (18 TDs, 12 field goals). Bengals: The past three losses have been by a combined nine points.

• TV announcers: Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf.

• Injuries: Chargers: Questionable: DE Derreck Robinson (foot), LB Shaun Phillips (calf), S Marlon McCree (calf), DE Luis Castillo (ankle). Probable: S Bhawoh Jue (knee), WR Vincent Jackson (leg). Bengals: Out: C Rich Braham (knee), T Levi Jones (knee), WR Kelley Washington (hamstring). Doubtful: LB Brian Simmons (neck), S Kevin Kaesviharn (knee). Probable: DT Sam Adams (knee), T Willie Anderson (shoulder), TE Reggie Kelly (back), CB Tory James (knee).

21. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    wake up everybody. WE need a W today.

22. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    damn i got to get to a game this year. East coast sucks

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores106/106316/NFL702270.htm

Chargers-Bengals Preview

LaDainian Tomlinson's exceptional running has helped make the San Diego Chargers strong contenders. A bad run has caused contention for Chad Johnson and the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tomlinson looks to continue his torrid stretch as the Chargers try to win three straight for the first time this season when they face Johnson and the stumbling Bengals on Sunday.

Tomlinson ran for 172 yards and three touchdowns on 18 carries to lead San Diego (6-2) to a 32-25 win over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.

He scored three times in the final 16 minutes to keep the Chargers tied with the Denver Broncos atop the AFC West. Now they travel to Paul Brown Stadium to face the Bengals (4-4), who have lost two straight and are bickering.

Cincinnati is 24th in the NFL in rushing defense, allowing 129.2 yards per game, and San Diego is sure to try to take advantage of it.

With 828 yards, Tomlinson has pulled within two of the NFL's leading rusher, Tiki Barber of the New York Giants. The big difference between the two is Tomlinson has 12 touchdowns rushing and Barber has only one.

Tomlinson has taken over the league lead in yards from scrimmage with 1,151, six more than Larry Johnson of division rival Kansas City. The Chargers' star back leads the NFL with 14 touchdowns.

``I feel great,'' he said. ``I tell you what, if I continue to feel like this, then I'm going to be real happy going into January.''

In San Diego's previous game, Tomlinson rushed for 183 yards and had another 57 receiving as he scored three touchdowns in a 38-24 win over the St. Louis Rams.

``Yeah, it's been a pretty impressive stretch, but we've run the ball a little more consistently,'' he said. ``We've kind of gotten into our groove knowing what plays we like to run. There's certain plays your offensive line likes to run. We know what plays we like to run with them and what plays work. That's why the last two games you've seen us run the ball real effective.''

After winning two straight at home, the Chargers hit the road for games at Cincinnati and Denver. San Diego hasn't won a game outside of California, losing at Baltimore and Kansas City. The Chargers did win at Oakland and San Francisco.

``We need to win a tough game on the road,'' San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers said.

The Chargers were missing both starting outside linebackers last Sunday. Shawne Merriman began serving a four-game suspension for a positive drug test and Shaun Phillips missed his second straight game with a calf injury. Phillips may be ready to return Sunday.

Four losses in the last five games have brought out the worst in the Bengals. Players are openly second-guessing the play calls and their collective toughness, besides losing their cool during games.

A 26-20 loss in Baltimore on Sunday left the defending AFC North champions with a two-game deficit in their division.

Johnson, a Pro Bowl receiver, has only two touchdowns this season and was seething after being held to four catches for 32 yards against Baltimore.

``All you can do, as an individual, is go out and make plays and give your best effort,'' Johnson said in an expletive-laced interview. ``Also, you have to be given opportunities to make plays. Four for 32 - that's ridiculous. You've got to be kidding me.

``When Christmas comes around, I might as well be a hood ornament, because all I've been so far is a decoration - a decoration sitting out there all pretty, ready for people to jump on.''

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said he had talked to Johnson about the outburst, but declined to go into detail.

In the past two weeks, running back Rudi Johnson has complained about being left out of the gameplan and right tackle Willie Anderson has questioned the team's toughness.

Receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh yanked off his helmet and angrily slammed it to the ground Sunday after the officials decided not to call pass interference on a ball thrown his way in the closing minutes. Houshmandzadeh got a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

``There's no question we do have some young guys, some guys that don't take every advantage of their situation,'' Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer said. ``And we do need to grow up in a number of areas. We do need to mature and become professionals, and that's something that can happen from where we are.

``Obviously, the way we've been doing it, the way we've gone about our business has got us 4-4.''

The Bengals won their last meeting with the Chargers 34-27 in San Diego on Nov. 23, 2003, ending a string of three straight losses in the series.

24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Bolts Flag Flying!
    Jersey On!
    Triple-venti, Non-fat, Vanilla Latte' in Hand!

LET'S GO BOLTS!

25. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

26. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Found out on ESPN that Rudi Johnson won't be starting the game because he showed up late to a team meeting. It's a disciplinary action.

27. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    *** Breaking News ***

Bengals | R. Johnson will not start Week 10
    Sun, 12 Nov 2006 08:30:02 -0800

ESPN reports Cincinnati Bengals RB Rudi Johnson will not start the Week 10 game because of disciplinary reasons. He will play in the game, but RB Chris Perry will start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was late to a team meeting yesterday.

28. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    Good mornin everyone! The dawg is up ready to watch our chargers bust some ***!!!!!!! Hope to keep the momentum going.

29. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,407
    let The Mayhem Begin!!!

30. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    They just said it on NFL Today. Trashing the bengals team!!!!