1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

*** OFFICIAL *** Chargers @ Broncos GameDay Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    Good to hear from u and thanks for the comments, come back again.

Peace right back at ya.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Thats utter Bullshit- We were ****ing robbed- those 2 TD's Denver scored shouldn't have counted and we would have won the game

**** the Ref's and **** the Broncos

p.s utterly pissed off so don't ban:)

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

WOW!!!
    You know It was a screwy game when Raiders fans are coming to our defense!!! :lol:

Thanks for your input and congratulations on your win yesterday!

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Thanks for the unbiased opinion. Always good to hear! :yes:

I have no love for the Raiders but I've always liked Tim Brown.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Our defense lost this game, Norv and Rivers gave them the lead to work with but they handed over the points. Cutler looked like Johnny U out there and they seeming ran at will also.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Yep, and last week Jake Delhomme looked like Joe Montana reincarnate.

See a trend?

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Delhomme on got 247 yards on us, ****ler got 350 big difference.
    At any rate they can't use the rust theory next week because it was all knocked off of them yesterday.

8. Fighterdelafoo

Fighterdelafoo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    If we drop (or the refs give) another one like this next week im going to lose it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hoff529

hoff529 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20
    I just don't get it. Are we really missing Drayton Florence this much ? Because thats the only guy we are missing from last year in the secondary. This team cannot get motivated before the 3rd. I blame that on the coaching staff. :no:

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    We're missing McCree too, but he sucked worse than Weddle, if that's possible right now.

It appears we are really missing Coop, Jamal is no longer effective and Igor is back in the Ukraine drinking Wodka.

Our D is in tatters right now. Step 1 cut Wilhelm, Step 2 promote any of Dobbins, Siler and/or Waters full time, Step 3 activate McKinney and Step 4 send Ted to 'VisionExpress" cos it appears he is not seeing what we are.

11. hoff529

hoff529 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +20
    2nd that,

12. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey guys!!!! How was your weekend??? Mine was freakin awesome! Who's Antonio Cromartie again?????:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Yeah, Bronco fans sure are classy. :rolleyes2:

Enjoy your gift.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I couldn't bear to listen to the Denver news last night because just as I feared, the Donkey homers spun the poor officiating something fierce....

Pardon me if this has been shown here already... I haven't had time to read the thread. It's the ESPN commentary on the bad calls as well as interviews of Norv, LT and Cu*tller.

15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I really doubt this forum did it. :icon_shrug:

16. r8derfan33

r8derfan33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    We might hate each other's teams, but fair is fair. What I can't understand is how the ball goes backwards and it's an imcomplete pass? And then the ball gets placed at another spot? Shouldn't it have been placed back at the original spot? I really think he needs to get fired before he refs a Raider game!!!! Who knows what he'll call then. Maybe pass interference on Russell?? :icon_shrug:

17. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I dont think it was the forum, I think it was the OVERLOAD of posters trying to post all at once. Several Charger forums were running slow.

That was not as much a observation of the forum, it was more of an observation of how many upset Charger fans there were. :icon_evil: I couldnt post nearly quick enough for how angry I was. Threads were being created and posts being written at a fast and furious pace.

18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    gotcha :tup:

19. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    as if it wouldnt have been a gift if it was called right?? Cutler wasnt touched, it woulda been a gift for you guys to win if you had. wouldnt you rather see the chargers beat the broncos on a 4th down play or 2 pt stop!! you had every opportunity to prove you were the better team and couldnt stop us, im tired of the whining. bad call yes! but you still couldnt stop our offense. it woulda been Cutler's grip on the ball that gave you the win, not skill!

20. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +353
    Actually there Chris Berman since your disecting the game for us.....You are wrong cause you got another gift when some how for the first time in NFL history the machines just happen to be unavailable on a bogus call where clearly Chambers was down...I mean it wasnt even close. So really you should have been down by 15 at that point. And please dont Cutler would have gave us a gift cause the series before that he looked like the sh!tty choke artist he is and threw a pick that looked like he was looking for Cason for a TD.

21. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    that play was very close when Champ was given the pick, in super slow mo you can tell he was down yes ill give you that. regardless that was so early in the game, chargers second play from scrimmage so i dunno what youre talkin about down by 15. and dont pretend to believe your beloved chargers have never had a play like that go in their favor.. indy last year ring a bell? im sure Cutler looked real bad before that pick when he was driving down the field picking apart your secondary... real bad. You guys got outplayed, every stat shows it. see you in Dec.

22. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +353
    1) No that play wasnt close, they were on the ground for at least 2-3 seconds before champ came back up with the ball. And yes that was early in the BUT IT LED TO A TD....SO TECHNICALLY YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DOWN 15 AT THAT POINT.

2) Indy does ring a bell last year? Are you referring to Cro's interception of Manning that was returned for a TD but called back for a ghost holding penalty that even fox sport analysts were asking where it was?

3) Cutler looked real good against a prevent defense that we played...I mean your boy Marshall caught 18 passes for 166 yards..Short 6 and 7 yard plays. Hell one of those went for 34 so really his other 17 catches 132...Our vanilla scheme made Cutler look good you and I could throw the passes he was completing.

4) Sad thing is LMAO, you say we were outplayed but beat you technically if not for 2 bad calls on the road in Denver. Ya and you will see us in December when we embarrass you at our place.

23. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I just watched the game again :icon_sad: and got sick all over again... :puke:

24. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +905
    "Given" is an excellent choice of words. See, you subconsciously (or consciously) know that "pick" was a gift. :tup:

25. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +905
    How do you explain the Chargers defense shutting out the Broncos in the second half until they were GIVEN a do-over?

I get it, you guys have to justify the win, it makes the win seem legitimate. But the facts are the facts. If Ed Hochuli doesn't screw the pooch, you lose the game, plain and simple. It's not even in dispute that he f*cked up.

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Called right or wrong, robbed or not of the win - Cutler still proved once again what a choke artist he is. This time it required a referee to bail his goofy *** out.

27. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblo...lped/?chargers

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said that even if the replay system had been working during the first quarter yesterday, the interception by Denver's Champ Bailey would not have been reversed.

"The ruling on the field would not have changed," Aiello wrote in an e-mail repsonse to several queries. "Replay could have determined only whether or not the pass was complete (but not who possessed it) ... Replay cannot be used in this case to determine who had possession of the ball so the ruling on the field would have stood."

The play in question was a pass from Philip Rivers to Chris Chambers that both Chambers and Bailey appeared to have their hands on. But replays appeared to show that Chambers, by rule, had the ball in his right arm when his left elbow hit the ground. Bailey arose with the ball afterward, though, and ran to the end zone.

After some consultation, the officials ruled that Bailey had intercepted the ball but was down by contact at the 29-yard line.

Chargers coach Norv Turner challenged the call, but it was never reviewed. The replay was available in the booth upstairs but not on the field monitor. After waiting the required two minutes for the feed to be repaired, referee Ed Hochuli explained at the time that the play would stand.

Aiello explained that there was an "issue" with the server (and backup server) that supplies the feed to the field monitor. The issue was fixed with about three minutes to play in the first half. Aiello said a technician from the company that makes the servers will go to Denver this week and that all replay technicians will receive a memo with guidelines for troubleshooting the particular problem should it arise again.

Two local replay technicians are hired by the NFL to work each game

:tup:

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

That went in our favor, how? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Not by much.
    First half was all you.
    Second half was all us.

We shredded you defense just as bad, not to mention... Cutler threw an interception in the endzone and fumbled at th 10 (even though the refs came to your rescue.)

A win is a win but I wouldn't be on cloud 9 over a tainted win.

30. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Facts are the facts... its the nfl you have to play by the rule book we got a W and you got an L. It's not the cleanest greatest victory but we were the better team regardless of that call. We did enough to win and you didnt, thats the fact.

• Like Like x 1