1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

*** OFFICIAL *** Chargers @ Broncos GameDay Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Sep 14, 2008.

1. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

I'd be pissed too if I was in your shoes.

I'm not.

Broncos: 2-0
    Chargers: 0-2

Frankly, I love it.

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    and you are nothing more than a piece of ****!

3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    FINALLY, someone turned this guy's rep power to something that more closely matches the Donko colors... :icon_mrgreen:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +899
    I don't blame you. Due to this gift win, you guys MIGHT have a shot at the division.

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398
    Look, i dont even want to argue the call ....it is overwith but seriously...if we get that call which should of been our ball and we win,........ are you willing to say WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM?

Somehow i doubt that.

Dont matter, come December we will already be the AFC West Champs and probably sitting alot of our starters.

6. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    Question:

Since you wont be around till December and maybe not even then.....

Can i have your Bolt cash? :icon_twisted:

7. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Like i said before... you guys didnt earn that fumble anyway, quit holding on to something you didnt deserve in the first place... you want the ball? cause a fumble, dont cross your fingers and pray someone drops the ball in ur lap. i would have been bummed if you guys had gotten the ball (as it should have been called) but i would have argued all day up and down that it was a gift victory and undeserved, because it was something unearned. We earned the TD after that on 4th down, and we earned the victory with a 2pt play (which by the way is less than 40% success rate. I laughed in these forums all off season when you said the division would be a cake walk, its nice to see some of you giving the Broncos a little deserved respect finally.

8. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +899
    You beat the **** out of a JV team in Oakland and got a gift last Sunday. You'll excuse us if we don't crown the Broncos just yet.

9. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +344
    Dude you seriously dont believe what you write do you?

"You guys didnt earn that fumble"

Fumbles are a part of the game weather you earn them or not. A clear and easy call as a fumble that is botched is not part of the game and even Ed Hochuli said its unacceptable.

10. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +899
    The Broncos have never, ever gotten a fumble that they didn't cause.

11. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +398
    Unearned? We didnt deserve a fumble by your QB because our guy didnt hit him?

The Donkeys didnt earn the chance to make that last TD ( which was the only one you scored the whole 2nd half) because the ref blatantly blew a call in your favor.

OK..... You guys won and thats great for you but like i said, it doesnt matter. Your team still isnt as good as your forum thinks it is. We will be the AFC champs by the time we face you again.

BTW...Vice president of officiating Mike Pererra disagrees with your thinking.

Listen to it so you can get a grasp of just how very LUCKY your Donkeys were

http://mighty1090.com/common/global_audio/40/2333.mp3

12. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5

Just heard the interview you posted and i dont hear hime disagreeing with me. it was a bad call ive admitted that. my argument is that you didnt force it. your team did nothing to earn it. what my debate is is the fact that you still had every opportunity to stop us AFTER A BAD CALL. A BAD CALL. yes it was it should have been called a fumble. i cant emphasize enough that even if it were called a fumble it wouldnt have been deserved/ either way that call goes it was undeserved. we got the benefit of it. for that im thankful, otherway around i woulda been mad but would understand it was Cutler (Jesus Christ himself) that dropped the ball. I'm glad that we were actually able to see a defense against an offense battling it out for a win instead of some BS play that should have never happened affect a game.

13. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Just like the play with Chambers that was called an INT or was it a fumble or was it a catch...oh well we don't have to really know the truth because THE REPLAY EQUIPMENT IS BROKEN. That wasn't earned either but it led to your first score. What exactly constitutes an earned turn-over, as you put it, anyway? Every turn-over is basically a lucky break. Tipped pass, too much of a pass rush, hard tackle, wet field. I'm not sure what your point is?

I will say this...I for one DID NOT underestimate Denver. I loathe them with a passion but that's what makes sports so much fun..right. I expected a dog fight and to my total satisfaction got a good ole AFL style shootout. If the Bolts had lucked into a win with the help of the most inept job of officiating that I've seen in a long time, I wouldn't be over at someone else's message board gloating. It's a shame that the game was handed to you and our teams couldn't determine a true winner but that's the way it happened. Why do you think Ed Hochuli is so completely devastated...because we didn't force the fumble? I don't know why the ball slipped out his hand. Maybe it was wet, maybe he saw the first pass rush of the day, maybe he just wanted us to have the ball for awhile, maybe he has little girly hands...who gives a phuck. It doesn't have to be forced, it only has to happen..which it did. Just ask Ed Hochuli :bolt:

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Let me get this straight...
    You feel you deserve reps for a gift victory due to a blown call and malfunctioned equipment, yet if the call was made correctly... we should be ashamed?

I will give you this much... had the play not been blown, it would have been Cutler **** up as opposed to us calling the fumble BUT we also would have seized the opportunity!!!

Then again... you're the guy who thinks the rivalry between the Broncos (supposidly your team) and the Chargers just started two years ago.
    You probably think Elway still plays!!

Why are any of you bothering with the uneducated, inbred trash?

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Have fun watching the playoffs in the living room with all of your players... DonkoBlow!!!

16. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +344
    I love this arguement cause it makes absolutely no sense!! This is the NFL pal, professional athletes getting paid millions to play a game. So the fact that they are professionals you cant give them 5 downs to score.

So with this logic we should basically be expected to stop you on 5th, 6th, 7th down because no matter how many chances you get WE STILL HAVE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO STOP YOU?

You might want to take this sh!t to orange mane cause you are the only fans that believe that!

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

We didn't earn the fumble... We didn't earn the fumble.

Did your team earn the chance to make that last TD?
    According to EVERYBODY... they should have even had the ball at the 10.
    And that everybody even includes YOU!!!

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I actually saw that once but it was a very smart penalty.
    It was a playoff game against the Packers and Cowboys. A defensive lineman tipped Farve's pass and it went backwards. Farve grabbed him and held him down. Offensive pass interference was called but it sure as Hell beats an interception and possibly a defensive touchdown.

19. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Who's Elway? kidding obviously, what i said before about the rivalry is that it was never really bad blood until Cutler and Rivers took the reigns. there was a rivalry but our teams respected eachother, and both hated the Raiders. I think because the Raiders are so terrible we've turned on eachother. Denver has had a couple of rebuilding years and i think we're ready to watch a lot of good years of division play between Cutler/Rivers. I'm gonna be honest here, i route for the Chargers when they arent playing the Broncos, San Diego needs to get a ring, now is the time to do it with the team AJ has put together. I like to bust your balls and get your blood flowin cause you guys are so passionate. San Diego should have gotten the win on Sunday, thats the truth, but it didnt work that way. Cutler messed up and tried to throw the game away, Ed had our back with a bad call cause he couldnt see what was goin on. For that Im thankful because our team would have a much harder time bouncing back from that loss than yours. The first play with Chambers and Bailey im gonna piss you off again, there's no clear camera angle showing wheather or not Champ had or did not have possession of the ball AS WELL AS Chambers. They both hit the ground and they both had the ball but you can't tell who has more. It was a judgement call by the ref and apparently he knows that Champ is hands down the best defensive player in the game. Fuming yet? Let's hear it...

20. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +344
    Fuming nah, actually enjoyed reading it until this Champ bit being the best defensive player hands down...Then I laughed so hard that it took me about 5 minutes to calm down to type this post......You almost had me until then.

Champ is ARGUEABLY the best CB in the league, but by far not the best defensive player.

21. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like a blown call to. I thought that once a pass was tipped, illegal contact and or pass interference were no longer an issue?

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    This was mid 90's. That rule might have been different then.

23. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    As long as I can remember, if the ball is tipped, you can almost mug the receiver and not get a penalty.