1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

***Official Chargers vs Washington Gameday Thread***

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +441
    I will not dispute that LT is almost without peer down close but everywhere else on the field Bennett > LT. All I'm saying is, if LT goes down we lose little.

2. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87
    I would actually reverse that and say that Bennett is better than LT in only one aspect--screen-passing.

However, it is quite a big deal considering that it is a large part of Norv's offense, but also remember that Bennett would not be the screen guy with Sproles on the field.

LT provides exactly what we do not have in Sproles and our passing game: a short-yardage solution.

3. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

[​IMG]

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    NFL.COM posted that we lost

:lol:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/03/playoffs-nearly-set-in-both-conferences/

Indianapolis and San Diego go into the playoffs as the top two seeds, respectively. In the divisional round of the playoffs, the Colts will host the lowest remaining seed from the wild-card round and the Chargers will host the highest remaining seed.

:abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:

EMBRACE THE HATE BOLTHEADS!!!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I know the vast majority in BT hates Buster Davis, I like what I see in the kid. Now that he's healthy He'll explode on to the scene.

6. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    good hands & great speed, if he stays healthy, we might have something

:tup:

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    It is not his health. He doesnt seem to 'want it'. He is known for telling the coaches that he is ready to go, then not being able to on game day, even though other players have worse injuries and are playing.

If he decides to focus, and show some testicular fortitude, he might just make it. Right now, he has a lot of making up to do, and a few catches in a last game of the season isnt everything that he needs to do.

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    Billy Volek connected with Mike Tolbert on a 2-yard touchdown with 39 seconds left to give the Chargers the lead. San Diego's defense then came in and forced four straight Jason Campbell incompletions to seal the victory.

9. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    You've got something there Conc. I thought I saw him pull up when Volek missed him on one long pass play. I thought, oh yeah there it it is, another hammy. I was sure glad he came back in. Maybe the kid just needed to grow up. Speaking for myself, I know it can take longer for some, than others :lol:

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    San Deigo established an NFL-record by scoring at least 20 points for the 22nd consecutive game. ... The Chargers tied a club record with their 11th straight win. ... Washington finished with its worst record since the 1994. ... The Redskins are expected to fire coach Jim Zorn and replace him with Mike Shanahan this week.

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    I agree with you on this. Buster has speed you can see, he always has, and I've been dumbfounded at why we never give him a chance to play. It would be one thing if it were blatently obvious that he cant catch a ball or run a route, but every time we've given him some game time he's made a few plays.

This year I think we can mark it up to the rise of Naanee and Floyd, both of whome absolutley proved they are worthy. But I'm not sure we can just let Buster walk after 2010.

12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Think of this, four wide out's. V Jack, Legg's, M-80 and Davis, Have you said your Hail Mary today?

13. HighBoltageMD

HighBoltageMD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    WooooHoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

Explode? If he makes it, he'll be more like a cigarette in bed.

15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    If the Bolt's cut him loose, he'll come back to haunt us.

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

I'm not saying we should cut him loose post haste, just that I am skeptical that he has the thrasos to succeed long term. What I have seen so far is a display of potential equivalent of the NFL try outs. Kassim showed me more than him as a receiver today. As a four WR formation, what would VJ, Malcom, Legegu and Kassim look like, without Davis? I have been reluctant to blow off Norval for lo these several years, but Davis has never boiled my crawfish from the the start. I was once delighted by his potential, but the gumbo has gotten a bit gooey. Every time I think he might emerge, he becomes a gimp. He doesn't even seem to be a Sean Jefferson, who we cut because he was reduced to a single kidney. He did well for a few years after we cut him loose. I don't have the same confidence in Davis.

17. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +247
    Let Buster fight for a spot on next year's roster against our starters, Demetrius Byrd and anybody else we draft / sign as a free agent. Personally, I need to see more desire and durability out of Buster before I will feel comfortable with him on the squad. He has shown flashes of showing he has what it takes...but then he pulls up lame and we don't see him again for weeks.

We shall see.