1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Official..."Drop Ted *CuUNTtrell off at 30,000 feet thread"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 19, 2008.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    You guys know what to do.

The plan is go.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Official..."Drop Ted ****trell off at 30,000 feet thread"

Take Norv with you!!!

3. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    This an overall uninspired team. the only people that come out motivated are Shaun phillips and maybe jamal. Our coaches sucks but everyone needs to realize so does the team. I feel incredibly stupid with my avatar right now....Man cor you've disappointed me in so many ways :icon_sad:

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,409
    Why is my thread not the official one? :mad:

5. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    People we could drop over the Atlantic....
    1. ****rell.
    2. BUST Davis
    3. Matt Wilhelm
    4. Norvell
    5. Derek Smith
    6. Anyone who has to do with tackeling drills.

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    davis didnt even play!

7. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Exactly.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    how about we just banish him to London?

9. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    **** London.

10. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    They should just fly off a day early to London and not tell him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Boy...this week's podcast should be "fun". :icon_eek:

12. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    When Bruce Smith was inducted onto the Wall of Fame at The Ralph he gave plenty of props to TC. Not sure what went wrong with him. The last time we made the playoffs TC was with us.

13. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    if ted does make it to london then a charger player should take cottrell's passport and burn it... it'll be a beotch trying to get a new one from over there. Maybe a state dept guy who is a charger fan could delay the process for 4-5 months or more. Ted could be like that guy in the movie "Terminal"... cause he ain't welcome in Chargerland anymore.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    maybe it wasn't Cottrell as much as it was Wade Phillips, lord knows when the two separate the magic seems to disappear

and yeah this podcast will be fun. Time to break out the whisky again.

how about we give Ted the wrong gate information and send him to Ethiopia to bring football to Africa? (I'm trying to find ways to get rid of him that puts a good couple of thousand miles between him and SD and that doesn't involve him skydiving :yes:)

15. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    It will be and don't worry, we wont go off like we did after the Fins game.

16. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    if we didnt head out to london right after the game i would say drop him nowwwwww, but maybe wait till after this game that way Rivera has the bye to get this team ready to play real D

17. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Come on folks.....get a grip. We had 9 drives. 6 of which were 3 minutes or under. And one was 3:10 that ended with Rivers int in the endzone. Isn't that what we bragged about in the past, get our defense off the field and keep our opponents D on the field. It doesn't help our D when we turn the ball over 3 times.

So for those that bragged about how that helped our success can't turn a blind eye on it now being our downfall. Can our D play better? Absolutely, but we need to get our sustained drives back ending with TD's and not FG. I would have to put this loss on our offense more then our defense. I know my boy Teddy is the easy target but ya'll are barking up the wrong tree.:icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  18. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Way to represent your adopted Bolt!!!

rep your way

:tup:

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    It's been a rough year!!!:no:

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    And that equaled how many SB wins? :icon_huh:

PR was the goat this past week. No getting around the damage that his TO's caused.

But puh-leeze - don't tell me that dumping Teddy is barking up the wrong tree. He has no clue how to run this defense. He's soft, his schemes are soft, he adapts poorly if at all, he isn't creative with blitz packages ..... he's a waste. This defense has way more potential than is being tapped into by our supposed DC. Not a hand laid on Trent Edwards all day. All the time in the world in the pocket to pick us apart. And this with a totally beat-up offensive line, to boot.

Does our offense need work? You bet - they're looking schizophrenic at times, too. Norv isn't particularly inspiring in a lot of his playcalling, either. But they've put plenty of points on the board only to still see Cottrell's BS defensive schemes piss it away.

Get him listed as a terrorist & leave his worthless *** in Europe. With what he's doing to our beloved Bolts, extraordinary rendition seems a fair penance. :icon_evil:

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Can you say "player's", that's whats wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  22. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56

So let's see.....everyone was smiling last year once our defense kicked in. Many said that they had to give Cottrell some slack because of how good our defense was playing. So tell me, last year we showed that we can still have a top tier defense. So is it our coach that is under performing or is it the players? Based on the lack luster play and players standing around with the looks of expecting someone else to make a tackle.....well.....what can I say.

And as for the offense putting "plenty" of points on the board only for the "defense" to piss it away......what games are you watching?!? I'll give ya the Carolina game. Denver game, well, we all know about that one, half empty person would say our defense failed in the end and a half full guy would say we did what we had to do only to have the ref fuk it up for us. other the that we put up, according to you, a whole plentiful 10 points against the Phins and another Plentiful 14 points against the Bills. I can see your point on how our defense let us down. How dare you Charger players not win when we put up 10 & 14 points!!!:unsure:

23. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Better not- we don't want him here

24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    where do you suggest then?

25. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Let the French deal with him:yes:

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I didn't like the hire, didn't support Teddy last year, & he's done nothing to gain my support this year. Frankly, I think Merriman carried this D last year IN SPITE of Teddy. When our D stepped it up last year, the schemes became way more aggressive. We generated a pass rush with various schemes. Ted seems to have forgotten what worked late last year because he's right back to the soft, prevent zones again. Now, I will give you that a couple of guys seem to have regressed, Cro being one, but there's such a thing as recognizing your players' talents & maximizing them. He isn't doing it. One more thing - if you have guys that seem to be lackluster & giving a half-hearted performance, BENCH THEM. He doesn't even have the nuts to do that.

As for the D pissing away games - maybe a poor choice of words. Not defending games would be more appropriate. The ONLY game that I've seen our D play really well is against the Pats. Why? We were aggressive. We got after Cassell. Watch the games - we used different looks & sent various blitzers that game. That's really the only time that Teddy has done that all year. Maybe he knows how, but just can't remember from one Twinkie to the next? :icon_shrug:

Hey, props to you for defending your adopted Bolt & for your opinion. I don't buy into Fat Teddy's impersonation of a DC. I don't think that the players do, either.