1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Chargers @ Chiefs - 11/24

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Nov 24, 2013.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    I don't have high hopes up for a big December like we've had in the past, I just don't think we have the horses on defense. I'm just trying to enjoy the games more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,070
    Pray that Andy Dalton continues his current downward spiral he's been on. Sadly, this Chargers defense has been the ultimate remedy for whatever ails an opposing QB is going through the past couple years. We seem to have an innate ability for getting QB's back on track than for continuing to grind them into the dirt even when they're already neck-deep and mostly unconscious from exhaustion of trying to dig out fruitlessly. le sigh.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,070
    If Indy doesn't turn it around we might actually control our own destiny. If the Titans somehow manage to win their division (would be difficult because I believe Indy has the division record tiebreaker already sewn up, but Tennessee could gain a conference record tiebreaker still), then we hold the H2H tiebreaker over Indy. So if Miami falls by the wayside (them having a H2H over us), we'd potentially hold tiebreakers over the Bengals and Colts, and would just need to finish better than the Steelers, Ravens, and Jets - whom in some combination or another still have to play each other, I believe.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Actually, the Chargers are the only AFC West team to win today.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +316
    5:45 a.m. Checked the newspaper. Nope, it wasn't a dream. SD mounted a 4th quarter comeback to beat KC in their own house. Sweet!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,205
    No, our D doesn't give us the highest hopes, but until it is gone, rock on!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    Given the play of our secondary, and the state of our pass rush, how likely is it that we would actually control our own destiny? Four of our last games are at home, but with the same D, against all the AFC West, the Bengals and Giants. Honestly I see two, maybe 1 win. If they can win out, who knows but it wont be a deep run. We just dont have the players to make a Cinderella season.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,762
    I wouldn't want this team to back into the PO's just to be humiliated, now if the D can somehow have a miracle resurgence I'm down with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    I never got this statement...

How can your team be humiliated in the playoffs. Most of the rest of the league is sitting home watching. There is no humiliation. You make the playoffs you have a shot. Period.

This is akin to the poster who said they were upset we won the division at 8-8 because some Broncos friends were teasing them about it. We won the division because we beat the Broncos. They lost it. What is there to be embarrassed about there?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,762
    Think back to 94........................ Nuff said.

11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Passer ratings (far right column) ebb & flow with every QB…
    but this: Weeks 6, 7 & 8 vs. Weeks 9, 10 & 11 is remarkable
    Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 8.50.05 AM.png
    Also, Bengals could only score 6 in Cleveland, but 41 (well, 27 by offense) when hosting the same Browns seven weeks later...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!
    The Chargers made the Super Bowl and that embarrassed you! BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Nuff sed.

13. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,762
    Yeah that was one terrific display in the Super Bowl, The Bolts really showed em. :-(

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You need to give up watching sports son.

The Chargers played a game that 26-28 (don't remember when the 2 extra teams were added) didn't play. Made it against all odds to the Super Bowl when not one pundit said they could. They did it in extraordinary fashion, with the LB making a flying pass defense to hold Pittsburgh out of the endzone for the win. They went against the team that broke so many rules it killed a dynasty, saw several people kicked out of the NFL and left the 9'ers in a hole that took them almost a decade to dig out of...

If that embarrasses you, take up watching non-competitive activities.

15. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Hex, are you seriously going to argue that it's not better to reach the Super Bowl...
    to be one of the 26 teams (30 these days) sitting at home?

I've never thought the '94 team was one of San Diego's Top 5, and they weren't exactly on
    an 11-game win streak, like the '09 club (after starting 6-0, the 1994 Chargers were a mediocre 5-5 the rest of the way)
    but nobody from the AFC was going to match up well against the mighty '94 49ers…
    the Chargers were 18 point underdogs and the Steelers would've probably been 15, even with their rings.

I will forever remember that game as a day of humiliation at Joe Robbie…but, given that the Super Bowl
    had a history of blow-outs, and the tandem of Steve Young & Jerry Rice, in their primes, was on the
    other side of the stadium, I'll take the 23 point loss over being the Lions or Browns…
    teams with a much longer history that have never played the big game.
    No way is that :poop: preferable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
  17. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,452
  18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,762

Like I posted. If this team can have a miracle resurgence on the defense, I'm all for it. I doubt that is going to happen with how wounded this team is. I don't see any benefit for them to go in as they are. If you and Sponge Conc Poopy Pants have a problem with that, I don't know what to tell you.

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    I do.... You would rather your team lose and never have a shot rather than get a shot but lose the game. Well, perhaps that is why you are a Chargers fan... :roflmao:

20. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,452
    The penalty on Clary was bogus, but what else is new when it comes to the Chargers vs the refs? :rolleyes:

With the Chargers trailing 21-17 and driving, quarterback Philip Rivers connected with tight end Ladarius Green for a 35-yard gain, down to the Kansas City 22.

But it all came back because Chargers offensive lineman Jeromy Clary, an ineligible receiver, was illegally downfield.

But there was a problem with the call. Clary moved downfield while at all times legally blocking an opponent. Under Rule 8, Section 3, Article 1, Item 1(a), that’s not a penalty.

Specifically, an ineligible player “is not illegally downfield if, after initiating contact with an opponent within one yard of the line of scrimmage during his initial charge . . . he moves more than one yard beyond the line while legally blocking or being blocked by an opponent.”

As a result, it shouldn’t have been called.

• Like Like x 1
  21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,762
    Show me where it specifically states I'd rather have them lose?????

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    If you dont want them to go into the playoffs and humiliate you.... You would.... C'mon, connect the dots...

23. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,762
    Conc, next time I will draw pictures with a paragraph on the back of each one explaining the meaning of the scenario that I post. It was not of my intent to mislead you in any way.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    oh I dont think you mislead anything... You have the right to want the team to lose if that is your desire. I know how frustrating it can be to have your team make it to the playoffs or Super Bowl... Totally embarrassing! ;)

25. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,762
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Conc, you're the greatest!!!!!!!!!

26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,762
    Great pic Blue, nice to see Fluker stand and enjoying the win with his Bro's.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
  28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205