1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Chargers @ Jets - 10/23: LOSE 27 - 21

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Then either he or Norv needs to go....whoever heard of an elite level QB not wanting to call his own plays?

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Because the markers were already moved.

3. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Well, we were all looking to see what we really have for a team. Here it is. We are a good team but not a great team. I hate the JETS even more than the Raiders or the Pats. What an epic failure. So much momentum lost. We are what we are. Just OK

4. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    As bad as the Bolts played, they still had this game until than Phantom Interference.
    That was the difference between kicking a field goal for OT, and having to score a TD to win.

Still, no excuses. The Bolts did not show up at all today.

I've kept my faith, and I will continue to. We always play worse off a bye, and I'm hoping with this we can shake it off and finally get something rolling. Got to win out till we face the Raiders in a few weeks.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Worst of all we come out of this game Brutalized. I cant wait to see the injury report after this game.

6. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    well that sure feels like one that got away. The commentators aluded to it, just two dump offs to the RB's today? Why? As for the final drive, the less said about that the better.

7. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    This was a very bad performance by a very undisciplined and sloppy team. Players, coaches and management are all too blame. No regrets in getting rid of season tix. Unfortunately, this franchise is doomed. Best to prepare for inevitable.

8. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    That loss was rediculous. The refs were obviously in the Jets favor, we had horrible clock management in the last drive, and horrible play calling in crucial situations. Will EastSPN say anything about the refs? No, because one of their favorite teams won today.

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Another terrible 2nd half by the Chargers. Just like against the Broncos. The Jets are just good enough to capitalize, the Broncos weren't. Is Norv going in and taking a nap at half time?

10. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    I have been overly patient about Norv Turner. Today's game is proof positive he must be replaced.
    The team fell apart in every phase of the game in the second half. Rivers looks horrible, his two minute
    management is awful. This is a team with a quarterback going backwards every week.

11. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Don't blame the refs blame the Chargers for putting themselves in that position.

• Like Like x 1
  12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Norv after bye weeks.....1-4 with Chargers,

For those who can't do math, thats 20%.

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Well said. Blaming the refs is nothing more than making excuses. The Chargers lost that game for themselves. They have no one to blame but themselves

14. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +154
    I have to say the play calling in the second half was awful.
    Rex should have been the coach for the Chargers. Due to AJ's wanting a puppet in Norv we let him go.
    AJ and Norv have led to this teams demise.

• Like Like x 2
  15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Listen I agree. But when Quentin Jammer bats down a pass cleanly, to put the Jets in 4th down, you can't have the refs bailing the Jets out.

When Vincent Jackson crosses the middle of the field and gets grabbed by Revis, and we're forced to punt.....you can't have the refs bailing the Jets out.

When its 3rd and short and the Jets fail to get the 1st down, but the refs give them the spot and move the chains before the Chargers can challenge.......you can't have the refs bailing the Jets out.

Those who think refs never determine a game are willingly naive. Just ask the 2005 Super Bowl Champion Seahawks.

• Like Like x 4
  16. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    It all evens out. Bad calls happen to every team. Good teams over come. Bad teams make excuses

17. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Poor play calling, poor execution, abysmal calls from the officials.

The D played well - Cason was garbage, the worst game from him I've ever seen

18. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +154
    I totally agree. Phillip continues to force the ball. This is leading to one interception after another. The record says 4-2, but this team is not as good as it's record. It shows through when playing better teams. They are lucky they squeked by the bad teams they beat. We may still make the play-offs, but unless something changes they won't get far.

19. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    I'm with the guys saying don't blame the refs. Yes there were some real homer calls out there but u think we 'deserved' to win?. We blew it bigtime simple as. Awful play calling. Getting beaten up again. When Tolbert scored that TD I thought wow are we becoming a physical team, guess I was jumping the gun. Rivers looks awful and he had some decent pass protection out there today for a change. It was a game to have our WRs take Revis and Cro out of the game and load up on screens, dump offs, Crayton, Brown and Gates. But Norv the offensive genius failed us again. As for Cason, OMFG, not since Elvis Patterson have I ever seen anything as downright disgraceful.

• Like Like x 1
  20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Oh please spare me the cliches. We need a head in the sand emoticon, Robdog needs to get on that.
    The defense is what it is, but our chance to "over come" bad calls was hindered.........by MORE BAD CALLS.

To be fair, Rivers did choke at the end. But wasn't helped early on by Jets DBs getting away with rape.

21. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +154
    I also have to blame Cason. His coverage was horrible. They exploited his inability to cover Plexico to the tune of 21 pts. Not so great a defensive back afterall.

22. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Cason may soon take the name of "Toast".

23. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    So Gilchrist starts next week?. I wonder. Stop the pricking around with the actives/ps too. Go into the game with 8 O linemen, 4 RBs, cut Walters or Goodman, get Spikes some help on TEs. Have Cason return punts cos he will be well rested now.

24. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Chargers not bout that life ... every year when we play a Big game we lose this **** is the same everytime we need to get rid of Norv Turner first off, that 2 minute drill if thats what u wanna call it was ******' horrendous .. every year its the same **** with them, We gotta get better.. Cason did horrible on Plax as well

25. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +154
    I don't think Revis will ever get called for interference. The refs let him do whatever he wants.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    Let's go for 'French Toast'......... Antoine sounds a bit Parisien doesn't it?.

27. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    Revis is the Tom Brady of D, and Sanchez is coming up close on the rail in terms of Officials love.

28. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +154
    I agree Cason equals toast. He is burnt, and crumbles into crumbs under pressure.

29. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +442
    Told ya didn't I Buck. You see the game?. We are not good enough in 2011.

30. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +154
    I think the ship SS Norv took an iceberg to the bow today. The water is starting to flood in.