1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Chargers @ Titans - 9/22

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,505
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    ¡AY DIOS MIO!

Holy frijole...let's hope Freeney doesn't skip town...and that the Chargers do better in Nashville
    than that movie did on Rotten Tomatoes...I love the art, Blue, but it sure is a long fall from
    Where Eagles Dare to this dud of a movie...I would buy that hat, though! :D

3. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
  4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,505
    I actually had considered including the Rotten Tomatoes review, but decided against it. ;)

From the reviews, it sounded like there was no consistent tone to the film. They couldn't decided what they wanted it to be. But, I heard the last 20 minutes is amazing..... I'm hoping for a similar close from the Chargers.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    On my way to Wisconsin today for work, so I will miss the game unfortunately! :tdown: I expect all of my you to hold the fort down! GO CHARGERS!!! :abq1::abq2:

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    The Bolts will topple the Titans today. Freeny makes a great Indian but his war paint needs a redo, maybe a bit of yellow bolts across his face. Good old Silver should be kicking AJ off the mountain top, would've been a nice touch. Great work though!!!!

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    CRY HAVOK AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    OK I am taking a risk and picking the Chargers in my Eliminator Challenge league today. I hope I don't regret this. Especially when Seattle is a lock win.

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    I hope no one is writing this game off as a ez win.

We lead the matchup series 10-1 I think or it oculd be 10-0 strait up. And we all should remember how hard/dirty TENN has played us in those recent matchups. It could be time for TENN to find a way to beat a hated rival.

LIMIT: 2 Turnovers given, and we better get us at least 4 takeaways.... and please let us capitalize on more of them than KC managed on TNF.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Love IT!

Philip Rivers has thrown for 614 yards over the first two games of the year and ranks second in the NFL with seven touchdown passes, fourth in passer rating (115.8), and eighth in completion percentage (65.8). Meanwhile, Eddie Royal leads the entire NFL with five touchdown receptions, two more than the next closest player. Antonio Gates ranks third among all tight ends with 173 total yards, with 90% of his receptions going for first downs. In the run game, the Chargers have deployed a balanced, three-headed attack involving Ryan Mathews, Ronnie Brown and Danny Woodhead

• Like Like x 2
  11. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Where the heck is Chris Berman at on Countdown? Can't handle this Wingo guy. Have to switch over to NFLN.

12. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Ok so it was 9 strait wins, either way TENN is due to get one back.

The Chargers and Titans have a long and expansive history that dates back to 1960 when the two franchises were original members of the American Football League as the Los Angeles Chargers and Houston Oilers. This will be the 44th all-time meeting between the two franchises and the Chargers lead the series 26-16-1, with nine straight wins.

13. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Mike Scifres owns the NFL’s highest career percentage of punts landed inside the 20 (min. 500 attempts). Of Scifres’ 580 career punts, 227 have landed inside the 20 (39.1%). Kansas City’s Dustin Colquitt’s 38.6% is second (260 of 673).

Gates will play in his 150th career game on Sunday. He needs just two points to reach 500 for his career, and also to pass Lance Alworth (500 pts.) for fifth on the team’s all-time scoring list.

Gates now has 650 career catches and needs 12 to tie Hall of Famer Ozzie Newsome for fourth most by a tight end in NFL History.

15. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    His DaD is ill.... he's there with him....

We'll be OK!

Go Bolts!

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Philip Rivers is 6-0 as a starter against Tennessee. In the six games against the Titans, he’s completed 68.5 percent of his passes (137 of 200) for 1,608 yards with 11 touchdowns to just five interceptions for a 100.6 rating.

In six career games against the Titans, Gates has four touchdown catches. The most memorable perhaps was a fourth-quarter touchdown catch with nine seconds remaining in a 2007 game at LP Field that sent the game into overtime. The Chargers went on to win by a score of 23-17.

Outside linebacker Dwight Freeney regularly faced the Titans as a divisional rival during the first 11 seasons of his NFL career in Indianapolis. He racked up 13 sacks against Tennessee, the second-most of his career against a single opponent and tied his career single-game high with three sacks in a game against the Titans in 2004.

Two of safety Eric Weddle’s 16 career interceptions have come against Tennessee.

17. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +168
    Father in hospital

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Jus saw Shonne Green is gonna be out. One less bruiser to bang us up.

19. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Chargers wide receivers coach Fred Graves spent the 2007-10 seasons as the wide receivers coach in Tennessee.

The Titan’s roster includes former Chargers running back Jackie Battle and Oceanside, Calif. native, Brian Schwenke.

Former Chargers wide receiver Shawn Jefferson is the Titans’ wide receivers coach and former Chargers assistant coach Sly Croom coaches Tennessee’s running backs.

20. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    The last time the Titans franchise beat the Chargers was in 1992, and Titans coach Mike Munchak was still an active player.

21. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Sammie Lee Hill is also out. Do they have another NT sized DT like Hill on that roster?

22. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    [​IMG]

Let us pray for health and VICTORY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,232
    I met Sly several times, great guy!

24. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100
    Fluker and wright out. Time to see how the depth works out.

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    UTgehlken
    Charger without a starting cornerback. Shareece Wright injured hamstring Thursday. Inactive vs. Titans. Johnny Patrick starts in his place.
    9/22/13 11:41 AM

No Fluker, Te'o or Wright isn't good. And I'm hoping Wright is back next week, he's had lots of injury issues in his short Charger career

26. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,177
    It's Game Day! The Chargers need to flex some muscle, and topple the flaming trash can lids! And let's get our team out of there safe and sound! Hey Blue, what's Philip doing wearing my hat? Go Bolts!!!

Pointy :bolt:

27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    UTgehlken
    Last-minute change to Chargers inactives -- and a big one: Inside linebacker Donald Butler (groin) listed as out for today's game.
    9/22/13 11:47 AM

Ygbsm - reeeeallly don't know how we pull this one out

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    ChargersRHenne
    Inactive today are Sorensen, Taylor, Wright, Te'o, Butler, Fluker and Floyd.
    9/22/13 11:47 AM

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Take of the hard hat, the sky is not really falling. :rolleyes:

30. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Yeah this doesn't look good.