1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Colts @ Chargers - 10/14

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Good morning sports fans!
    I slept soundly through a Chargers win and now have a big smiley face for the day.

2. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292
    There is not a single player in the NFL better than Rivers... at making hilarious faces

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Glad I choose to turn the puter off last night and just watch the game. I'm really happy for Ryg... Mathews, dude put one on last night and when Hardwick went up to him and gave him some love in the 4th. he kept the heat up.

Pags blitz package for this game was amazing, Luck had no clue who or where, he just knew it was coming. Sure the 5 drops helped, they also count just as much as the many reasons they occurred. Solid game by the D.

ST were ok, not great but got the job done.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    True, but nobody talks about 'The Catch' or the Immaculate Reception because they were really close. The best D's each year have luck, dropped balls are part of the game. We have ours, they last night had theirs. You shouldn't discount the win because we put Vaseline on their ball...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Not saying it is the reason why... just saying... Last night it was Te'o calling the plays defensively... Perhaps his Football IQ is that high?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'd say it was a safe bet to give Pags the credit for calling the game, if I were a betting man. Te'o looks to be settling in and getting up to speed, I like what I seen last night though. Both the O and the D punished their opponents wearing them down by taking the game straight at the Colts. I'm just hoping this tough as nails performance wasn't lightning in a bottle so to speak. I chose the sixth game as a marker of team improvement, if last night was an indicator I'd say they're looking like a team finding their identity. Defining that identity, stepping up and continued growth will proof out after the bye week. How wonderful would that be?

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    It may be lightning in a bottle, but in a rebuilding year we have to take what we can get. I was surprised that of all people Steve Young was impressed with the win and said don't count them out of the Play offs. While it is good to hear, all I can say is...

PLAY OFFS!? PLAY OFFS?! Did you say PLAY OFFS?! PLAY OFFS?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    First, very appropriate given last night's opponent.

Second, at 3-3 even with such a poor conference record and lacking tiebreakers with HOU and TEN, there are a slew of teams at 4-2/3-3 that might not have the lasting power to stay in the race.

The AFC West runner up will get one wild card (either KC or DEN), who's to say the AFC West could not provide both of them? Nobody else in the AFC that is not leading a division (save KC/DEN) looks all that dangerous right now. The bad thing for us is we do have to play the two scary teams twice each, but steal one or two and it becomes VERY interesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    "Hey Reggie...is it just me, or is your butt sore, too?"
    Ass kicked.jpeg

10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Yeah I said from the beginning that people should never consider a season a "rebuilding year" when you have a QB like Rivers.

Our defense unfortunately has counterbalanced his resurgence by regressing themselves (thanks in part to injuries), and now we're in a hole behind 2 unbeaten teams in our own division....which is honesty just bad luck.

I think we have a small shot, but we have to win at least 7 of our 10 remaining games, and none of them are easy. If we had Freeney back I'd have more faith.