1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Ravens @ Chargers - 12/18

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Dec 18, 2011.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Two different teams in the Lions and Raiders. Be interesting to see how we cover Calvin Johnson. Then against Raiders our run D is gonna have to be stout.

2. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    believe it or not, if the chargers win next week they will still be alive if the bengals, jets, broncos, and raidurs ALL win. not the way you want to do it obviously, but far from being done...regardless of what half the fanbase would have had you believe a few weeks ago. ride till the end.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Yeah, I've got Jets, Titans, Bengals, and Broncos, and the Chargers winning in week 16 but the first four losing the next week, putting the Bolts in as the sixth seed. Denver losing both in this case leads to the Chargers winning the AFC West. This is ridiculous.

4. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +161
    All I can say is....WOW. Where the hell was that all season? That is how I expected the team to play from day 1.
    What a magnificient showing on primetime. We are actually in the hunt. Rivers is looking great. The patchwork line is protecting, the receivers are getting open, and the rb's are moving the ball. The offense is clicking on all cylinders. The defense is also finally making their mark. I will eat crow, I never thought we could beat the Ravens. We shocked the world last night. Shocked me as well. WOW. :)

5. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +161
    UGH! :eek: The Broncos will beat the Bills more than likely. That team has given up. \\\

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good points & 2 of our weaknesses.

I think we can get some pass rush against Detroit's OL, force Stafford to throw underneath more. Their secondary is sorta beat up right now as well.

Oakland? Who knows what we'll get by then from them. At least McFadden won't be in the mix. I have more faith in Gaither handling Seymour than I do if McNeill were in there, TBH.

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    Haven't seen the game yet but v happy to hear about Gaither. And not surprised to hear Jammer dropped another. What is with this guys hands!!?.

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The most ridiculous part of the Chargers is the fan base.

I'd prefer to see Norv as OC as I question his ability to manage the entire game. I hoped that bringing in Chud was going to help with that.

No coach alone is going to turn this team into performing the way we'd all like. That takes motivated players as well & a FO that backs the winning mentality, not just ticket sales.

It's simply amazing how, once our offensive weapons get healthy & few guys who are hungry get plugged in, Norv's play calling begins to look like genius.

The guy deserves better treatment than what a lot of you "experts" heap on him.

Now go play Madden, FF, listen to Sirius NFL, or watch youtube highlights for your insight. And don't forget your meds. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Bring him back for another 8-8 season?

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Bring him back with some more talent on the OL & defensive side of the ball.

No coach out there that's available is going to make this group as is look any better. Taking the easy route to an "answer" isn't necessarily the solution. It just keeps peeps from having to tax their brain with anything harder than listening to their TV/radio for a way to feel smart.

San Diego may well have the least knowledgeable & most reactionary NFL fan base in the world.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    This I will agree with but.... I think they may have it right this time.

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You should spend more time hating Kaeding. It suits you better. ;)

14. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Someone has to take his place. :p
    No I don't hate Norv but I can not find any logical reason for this Jekyll & Hyde team every year. Slow starts, losing 6 in a row, and overall blowing when they shouldn't. Then they come back and dominate the Ravens....

• Like Like x 1
  15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I didn't see one snap of this game but I sure do like the score. The front 7 on D are actually growing better with time, when the picks go up that means something good is happening underneath. How this makeshift O-line can all of a sudden be impregnable is beyond me, but someone must be doing something right in Chargerville.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    I expected Chud to make a difference there too but he didn't seem to... and now he is gone of course. I can't agree that we should go another year with Norv at the helm. Even after a win like last night. Yes, we had injuries and bad ones at that but some of the playcalling in the Broncos game did it for me. When Norv turns into Marty I wanna puke. Like you said if he were the OC and someone else was there to manage the game for us (properly) then I'd be much happier.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yes it's frustrating & yes it somewhat defies logic.

And tell me - how has it been any different with other coaches, unless consistently worse under some?

Ross took the team to the SB & got blown up.
    Marty had some great regular season records, couldn't win in the playoffs.

Inconsistency has been a theme for this club for years regardless of the HC. Ownership & the mentality that it brings has been consistent.

In Washington, Norv had Snyder. Would you want to coach or be blamed for being a poor coach under THAT regime?

Oakland? 'Nuf said.

There are things that I certainly don't like about Norv but we could do worse. This fan base doesn't have the emotional stability to wait out a Cowher or, gawd forbid, Fisher to win a championship. Not enough adderol or ritalin in the world for that. :rolleyes:

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    EGGGZACERY!

19. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    I certainly don't want Cowher, never have. As for Fisher, I'm indifferent to him. I'd love to find us a young hungry buck who knows his stuff and has some fire in his belly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    It was a great game of football to watch for once as the Chargers played a full game of 4 quarters, It was my birthday yesterday and I couldn't ask for a better gift then the Chargers beating up the Ravens at home.. but lets not get ahead of ourselves here guys and I would hate to rain on the parade but.. this win doesn't mean jack **** other than putting us up a game in the wildcard and division, and let me tell you why..

The Ravens went into Seattle and lost.. there not a good west coast road team.. but the Chargers aren't a good east coast road team either.. I GUARANTEE if we went into Baltimore last night we would have gotten the losing scoreline if not worse and everybody would have called for Norv's head..

So even if the Chargers win the division and win their first rounder at home.. they will be at either New England or Pitt/Baltimore.. Thats a loss.. so are we happy with that? All the talent on this team and were happy if the Chargers make to the 2nd round and bow out?

Were 7-7.. this team shouldn't be anywhere near that mark despite all the injuries.. this team with many injuries prepared EXCELLENT for the Ravens, so why couldn't they do that all year? - This team should of beaten the Jets with a 11 point lead at half.. the Chiefs with the fumbled snap.. even the Packers.. we should of beaten the Raiders at HOME.. and the Broncos just a few weeks ago.. 12-2 should be our record if we played every game like we did last night..

Its inconsistency.. every single year.. except '06.. we need to shake things up because since '07 (When Norv took over) its been virtually the same thing every year.. this man needs to go, we need something new and if that results in AJ going as well then so be it.. I hate to make a bitchy points but its just the truth..

We'll see how real this team is going into Detroit this week.. I have a feeling Jammer will be burned all day in D-Town by Megatron and even Nate Burelson and Titus Young..

Because if we don't make the playoffs keep Norv and end up 9-7 or 10-6 with no play off berth, 3 straight years with no playoff contention the whole city will rebel against the organization.. time to make some off season moves, Dean's evaluations need to begin this weekend in Detroit..

• Like Like x 1
  21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Happy belated birthday SC92!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
  23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    While I'm waiting for the torrent to download, thought I just say that this game doesn't necessarily save Norvs job. The Bolt's need to keep their offense alive, perhaps Norv would consider staying as the OC/assistant HC rather than packing up and heading out of town.

The defense needs someone who can take the talent that is there now and go with it's strength. A defensive minded HC along with the Bolt's O and all hell may break out in the NFL.

Well, I can dream can't I?

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Bills are our bros. They will take out the Broncos for us, again.

;)

25. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    To be fair - Jammer made a diving catch and dropped it when he kinda faceplanted - it wasn't like a gimmie catch.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,453
    But even if is wasn't, Jammer's odds of catching the ball are always less than 50/50......... #imjustsaying ;)

27. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,684
    True - as I like to say "that's why he's not on offense" :roflmao:

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,208
    POP QUIZ
    1. A defender in the NFL hits the ball away from the receiver, preventing the completion but does not intercept it....

That is called:
      A) Reason to be benched
      B) Pass Defensed
      C) Catch the damn ball ***hole!
      D) FIRE NORV!
      E) All the above

Please submit your answers legibly...

29. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,684

D. It's always D.

30. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    For the uninitiated lout, ALL roads lead to D!