1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Titans @ Chargers - 10/31: WIN 33 - 25

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by robdog, Oct 31, 2010.

1. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    I this win is the start of something good!

Houston will be a tough game..they can go toe-2-toe with us in the passing game so might be a high scoring affair.

Whoever establishs the run could win it. Watch out for Arien Foster!!

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Nice win for us. I'm having a bit of an eye problem, so my computer time is limited. Go Chargers, finally.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,771
    I'd love to see a Bolt's team with a killer D that will make you black and blue.

4. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    I know this is difficult for you to understand, but I don't make the rules for the NFL. Nevertheless, unlike you, I DO know them.

5. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    I watched it many times. The left elbow clearly hit in bounds first. After the replay the analysts (and more importantly, the refs) confirmed it. It was unanimous as it was cut and dry. Be happy that the Chargers got the breaks they did to squeak a win out. It's not like you have had many of them.

6. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    A win is a win. No apologizing for any of them in the NFL. Bills took the Ravens to OT. They are a tough hard-luck team.

The Chargers of all teams should know better than to look down on ANY win - after all, they've had so few of them this year.

7. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Congrats to the Chargers....a well deserved win. Your guys needed one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I agree you can never apologize for a win, but you were at home against the worst team in football and you barely avoided a tie!

This was a "W" on your schedule all along, everyone knew that, but it proves that you guys have a huge pink elephant...and his name is Matt Cassel. If the Chargers can steal one next week this division is wide open to both the Raiders and Chargers.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Maybe or maybe the Chargers OUTPLAYED the Titans. But if you want to talk "squeaking" out a win, then I would say a 13-10 OT win with 5 seconds left over a 0-7 team is squeaking out a win at your home field no less.

It is what it is, and a win is a win in the win column. Watch out for the RAIDERS they are 4-4 and scoring alot of points in the last 3 weeks.

10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Looks like the Chiefs will catch another lucky break, Asomugha is likely to miss the game next week.

11. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Did you even watch the game?

Didn't think so.

We ran for 275 yards, and yet, when we needed a drive to win the game, Matt Cassel made plays. He is not asked to do much in our offense. If he produces the few times we need him to, we will keep winning.

And don't give me that "worst team in the NFL" garbage you spew. You have said that about EVERY single opponent the Chiefs have played (except, ironically, the Chargers...who we also beat). You even said Peyton Manning was a declining quarterback and was nowhere near as good as Phyllis Rivers. That alone makes anything else you say questionable at best.

The Bills are a tough team. They took the Ravens to OT. They played 10 times better in Arrowhead than your chargers. For a fan of a LOSING team, you still have far more arrogance than common sense.

12. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    No one said they didn't outplay the Titans. Clearly they did. They won. Unlike Chargers fans, most Chiefs fans don't make excuses for losses, so we certainly won't make them for wins. In the NFL, you are what your record is, but even the teams with lousy records are dangerous, as the Bills and Chargers show.

The talent level is so similar for most teams that games generally come down to a few big plays. Laughers like the Raiders Broncos games are rare in the NFL. Most games are like the Bills-Chiefs or Titans-Chargers.

The Chiefs ABSOLUTELY "squeaked" one out against the Bills...because we made more plays.

The Chargers did the same to get by the Titans.

In the NFL, you have to find ways to win games like that. So far this year, the Chargers have not been able to. That's why yesterday was a good sign for them. The Chiefs, similarly, just need to keep doing the same. We don't need to worry about arrogant fans of other teams who seem to think that there is a BCS system in the NFL that takes into consideration "style points."

13. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    I don't expect either team will throw much anyway.

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913
    Really?

You seem like a good guy, so this seems beneath you.

15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I'm shocked too. :mellow:

16. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I'm seriously asking right now, are you out of your dipsh*t little mind? This is the 2nd time you've accused me of saying such nonsense.

Please find and quote for me where I ever said Peyton Manning was...A) Declining. B) Not as good as Rivers. You are LIAR, multiple times over, and you think my opinions are questionable?

BTW I watched every play of the Chiefs/Bills game. I came off even more confident that a crash and burn is coming soon for the Chiefs. You can't hide your QB like that for 16 games, and trust me everyone is watching that gamefilm now. Also comparing the Bills to the Titans........actually nevermind, that kind of stupidity is pretty typical of you.

17. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37

you do nothing but make excuses Matty.

Here's a few of my favorite:

Oh, but Matty did say it was easy. He also has said in multiple threads here that the Chargers have lost not because of paying worse than their opposition, but because of rain/easily fixable special teams mistakes/refs/insert excuse of the week here.

Only one? /golfclap. Congratulations lol.

Last I checked that still falls under the category of special teams disaster

If it's so easy, why don't they, you know...DO it once in a while? lol. Are you saying the chargers do not have talent? Perhaps special teams should have been addressed in the off season? Just a thought.

This one gets extra points for cramming both non performance-supported arrogance AND multiple excuses into one post! That takes skill.

Again, why have they not been fixed if they are more fixable? Our offense put up 31 points on a highly rated defense. Sure it took a step back against the Colts, but its shown far more improvement than the Chargers Special Teams. Moreover, other teams have seen more improvement in either their defenses or offenses while the chargers STs have remained historically awful. Perhaps STs aren't as simple as you seem to think?

I added this one in just because it makes me chuckle.

You're right, that Peyton Manning clown is a bum lol. I can't believe we didn't crush him at home like EVERYone else does.

18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    WOW!!! So you do have the ability to go back and look at posts!!!....But yet again, you seem to have misplaced the only one I requested, ironic. Could it be that...you were...LIEING? :tounge:

I stand by everything I wrote in those other posts BTW. Its a little surprising and pathetic to me that you take issue with so many of them, but I'm not going to try to change your mind. Its not worth my time to explain football 101 to a teenager who is clearly not capable or even interested in hearing common sense if it means listening to negative opinions about his favorite team.

19. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    The only one lying here is you (and yes, that's how it's spelled you illiterate little douchewaffle). You went on and on on the ESPN blog about how Phyllis Rivers is so much better than the "declining" Peyton Manning, and were laughed off that forum by your own Charger fans no less.

I understand that had to be quite embarrassing for you and that's why you deny it here, as this is the very last refuge you have.

20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Oh now it was on the ESPN forum huh? So naturally you can't go back and find it. :lol: Give me a break, clearly you have me confused with someone else or you've just lied yourself into a corner. Well I'm telling you now then, Peyton Manning may be the best QB of all time, and is certainly better than Philip Rivers as well as everyone else. Every time I watch him play it pains me that we didn't lose 1 more game in 97'. You happy now?

That said his game against KC was shockingly uncharacteristic, he was out of sync on the timing routes, he threw some worm burners ,and missed wide open recievers on nearly every drive. He made your defense look better than it was, and its game you could have won if you were capable.

The Chiefs have slowly improved given they've gone 10-38 the last 3yrs. They are taking advantage of a 4th place schedule, and facing guys like Jake Delhomme, Todd Bowman, Alex Smith, and Ryan Fitzpatrick (3 of whome are no longer starting). That combined with the Chargers STs choking a few games they should have won, has given you an inflated sense of what you are, but its not over yet.

21. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    C'mon man. It's just harmless fun. I won't say he's a bad QB. He's clearly a good one. I just like pickin' on him a little for his somewhat girly outbursts lol.

22. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Yes, because Peyton's bad day had NOTHING to do with Romeo Crenell's defense...a Defense he has NEVER beaten until this year...and then only because of the Colt's defense. You can say what you want about the Chiefs, but we shut down Peyton Manning, at home. Every analyst agreed (as well as Peyton himself), that the Chiefs defense was confusing and tenacious all day. How many times do you see Peyton throwing ints to people he never saw? That is not a failure of mechanics on his part. That was a scheme he was not able to read and react to as he usually does combined with players making plays.

It's also clear that you have not actually watched a single Chiefs game other than the Chargers game this year. We did not face Jake Delhomme, but it wouldn't matter if we had (he's far worse than Seneca Wallace at this point). Good teams don't make excuses for losses OR wins. They just win. Something we have done far more than the Chargers recently. I'm not saying the Chargers can't get on a roll. They certainly can, but fans like you have made EVERY excuse possible for the team's failures while disparaging teams that have done FAR better than yours.

That's a pretty fragile glass house you're sittin in to be throwing so many stones.

23. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    When your team is #1 in offense, #1 in defense, #1 in pass D, and #2 in rush D after 8 weeks, yet your 3-5....WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!? Of course your gonna hear excuses! What else is there to say? Do you think anyone here believes this team can't beat any team in the NFL?

If you had told me before the season..."Chargers are gonna have the #1 ranked D in the league after 8 weeks", given all the talent we have on offense already, I think everyone who knows the NFL would have guessed 7-1 at worst.

24. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Matty, you are delusional.

You are one of the only idiots here who hasn't gotten it yet.

Almost ANY team in the NFL can beat ANY other team in the NFL on any given Sunday. You seem to think that your little stats mean ANYthing outside of you and your boyfriends' fantasy football league.

The only stats that matter are WINS and LOSSES.

It doesn't matter if you are #1 in defense, offense, or assgrabbing. All that matters is whether you win games or not.

The Chargers have shown that if you are #1 in offense and defense and 32 in Special Teams. You will not win,

The Chargers have also shown that no matter how good you THINK you are, if you give the ball away due to carelessness, arrogance, or for ANY reason, you will not win.

It's shocking to me that some of the San Diego fans still don't understand this, and continue to post rage-filled rants about how much better their team is than everyone else...even those they LOSE to, but I'm gonna spell this out nice and slow for you, because I know you are not that bright:

You are not losing because of rain, refs, an unfavorable planetary alignment, terrorist plots, or whatever lame *** excuses you come up with. You are losing because you cannot play special teams and you can't take care of the ball.

You can blast Matt Cassel all you want, but you cannot deny the Chiefs are WINNING with him.

25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Last post to you before I put you on ignore.

1. Nobody here doesn't understand its about W/Ls at the end of the day.
    2. Nobody here doesn't understand stupid turnovers will cost you games.
    3. Nobody here denies STs is a part of being a good team.
    4. You have been winning with Cassel...SO FAR. But like the Broncos 6-0 start last year (to use a cliche), "its a marathon not a sprint."
    5. If you came here expecting Charger fans to tell you what you want to hear, that the season is over and the Cheifs are the better team...your stupider than I originally thought.

Putting you on ignore now 65twattrap, I have no more time for someone who is unwilling (or unable) to see another side of an argument.

26. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37

LOL You're wrong on all 5 points. That's got to be a new record, even for you!

1. The fact is, you clearly don't understand that wins and losses are the measure of a team in the NFL because on every forum, you talk **** about how the chargers are the best team in the league because they are the number 1 defense and the number 1 defense. Unfortunately, there's that little technicality of a 3-5 record that you conveniently gloss over.

2 and 3. You told me in the "We lost to the lousy Chiefs" thread and several others that the chargers mistakes are easily fixable and that they can stop having special teams issues and stop turning the ball over whenever they want. Now, you managed to win a game last week, so that's progress for you, but does anyone really think your problems are solved? It's halfway through the season and the Chargers are STILL turning the ball over, getting beat in every possible way on special teams AND making stupid careless mistakes. If those "week one" problems are so easily fixable, why have they not been fixed?

4. Here's the difference Matty. NO one claimed the Chiefs were a great team. I responded to a poster on these forums with my belief that, given this division and our schedule, the Chiefs are MORE LIKELY THAN NOT, a playoff team. We are clearly a rebuilding team that is rebuilding slightly ahead of schedule. It is clear we are ascending rather than descending. Doesn't mean we can't have setbacks. doesn't mean we're going to win all the games we should. Just means that we are on the right track. You came here claiming that the Chargers were and are a SUPER BOWL team - the BEST team in the league bar none. When reality smacked you right in your fat face, you took out your aggression on fans of a team that is on the rise. You are now in the unenviable position of having to pin your only hopes of salvation on the unlikely occurrence that a team with a MUCH softer schedule and a much tougher constitution will repeat one of the leagues most epic face plants...in the same division...in successive years. While it COULD happen, once again, I'd say it's not very likely. Even if it did occur, the criteria for success you set for your team is - The Super Bowl. While anything can happen, I don't think even you can claim the Chargers are a Super Bowl caliber team at this point (though I am sure you will, because you are as comfortable at lying to yourself as you are others).

5. Now this you are just making up completely - grasping at straws. I came here because I have a lot of friends and family in the San Diego area, have always enjoyed that community, and have always enjoyed the friendly rivalry between MOST San Diego and Kansas City fans. It happened that we played a rather big game in week one - you may remember is - it was the game you claimed you only lost because of rain and "easily fixable" special teams problems. Well...it hasn't rained in a while, but how are those special teams lookin? Anyway. Other than you and maybe two other people, I find this community quite fun and knowledgeable. So, I think I'll stick around :)

27. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Seems to me fans of every team talk big with bravado about their team. Is KC any different? Heck, your posts have you claiming no one will catch the Chiefs, so you yourself seem to fit your #1...

Chargers have made several mistakes. The only game they outright lost was against the Rams. They still came away with Ls instead of Ws, but the reason for the Ls were clearly breakdowns by the Chargers, rather than the opposition just flat our playing better than the Chargers. If you disagree that is fine, but that is a fact in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  28. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Incorrect. I have stated that in THIS division, with the remaining schedules of all teams in this division, it is MORE than likely that the Chiefs will come out on top. I have never said that this is a guarantee or that we cannot stumble. We ARE a very young team, and though I expect us to get better, NOT worse, I think it is clear that our rookies and other young players who have won us some games already will likely lose us some too.

IF the chargers can somehow do what they have not managed to do yet...in cleaning up their STUPID mistakes and managing to field just an awful...not an historically pathetically awful special teams unit, then they can make it interesting. IF the Raiders can manage to play like they are now against what is the toughest schedule in our division, then THEY could make it interesting.

I still think, if I were a betting man, I'd take the Chiefs with their remaining schedule and current lead over the rest of the pack, but unlike so many Chargers fans early on this year (and a few even still), I don't count my chickens before they've hatched.

Regardless of what happens this year, I think it is clear that my chiefs are far ahead of schedule in their rebuilding process. Everything else is just gravy to us...THIS year.

29. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Agree with you completely Conc.

What he's doing is acting like the season is already decided based on how the first half has played out, which is extremely foolish if you consider the weakest player on their team is the QB, and the Chargers havn't lost a December game since 2005. I seem to remember the Giants and Broncos starting in similar fashion last year, only to miss the playoffs completely. I remember in 2007 when the Broncos had Cutler, Marshall, and Shanahan and after starting 5-2 they finished 8-8.

I just hope the Chargers haven't dug the hole too deep this time.

30. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    You really are an idiot, aren't you. You keep trying to say I am saying things I am not.