1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

***Official*** kiss their *** goodbye thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    Do u mean cut him?...

Has someone been suggesting that?. :icon_huh:

I suggested seeing what we could get in a trade. I also suggested benching him this season when it was clear he was a liability back there.

But, no, you don't just cut him.

Like most people round here I'm hoping that he rebounds but I have doubts. He seems to have some problems between the ears nevermind the hip.

2. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    Signing Merriman right now is gonna cost us 55 Million for 6 years with 22 Million of it up front. We let this guy get into a contract season with a year of rest and conditioning behind him, he is going to get 20 sacks and cost us 80 Million for 6 years with 30 Million up front. Sign him now. We have a years worth of experience now that shows how important he is to the Chargers.

3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    I wouldnt have benched him but maybe have moved him to Nickel until he gets healthy. The problem is Cason was a rookie and after the game this weekend could you have lived this year with Cletis "Gets Burned Again" Gordon?

4. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    Yes, but absolutely not as the starting right tackle.

5. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    You probably would have gotten rid of Jammer after his second year too.

6. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    Trading Cro right now would be a classic example of selling low, no way we get anything close to equal value.

7. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    No idea WHAT the man love for Clary is, he gets beat on EVERY SINGLE PLAY and makes the rest of the O-line look bad. Rivers fumble in Pitt (the first game and second fumble)was because OF HIM, They blocked the kick BECAUSE OF HIM. Dude must be a nice guy and everything but he shouldn't be playing football at all.

Move LJ Shelton to that position. After the way this season has gone with O-line, I would of rather kept that *** clown Olivea.

Hart is a good backup, that's it
    Igor didn't start playing until we started winning, Buyah
    Goff, thanks for the great years, but you need to go
    Gordan okay backup, 50-50 on this one

AJ better make some moves this offseason in that unknown place to him called the "FA market". Stop signing scrubs off the practice squad and signing UFA's to start because it OBVIOUSLY hasn't helped.

End Rant. :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I say they see him play this coming year to see how he comes back from the injury. If he is top quality again they try and sign him. If unable to then they franchise him.:yes:

9. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    For starters, LT is/was considered the face of the team and the team leader. I don't think Johnson is. BIG difference.