1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

**OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT THREAD**

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Apr 28, 2011.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Yeah, MORE LSU PLAYERS AJ! ;)

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    I guess a few here wish they were drunk already before this revelation came about.

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    There is no blind hate involved. I actually spent two years at the Fighting Illini in Champaign, IL before I transfered to the "U". I follow both programs. I would have rather had Allen Bailey.

4. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    No wishing here.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    It could work out still... Look at it this way Cam Jordan.... still hasnt gotten a phone call. Maybe he isnt a good as we thougth they were.

6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Watch now Ayers to KC at 27 ;/ dammit

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    And watch Baltimore take Cameron Jordan....laughing all the way up to the table.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Im not high on Jordan maybe I was late to the koolaid party... not sure BAL is even lookin at DE.

9. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I am done for the night. Let's see what crap we get tomorrow.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Damn that is a big watch Jordan is sportin. GOOD job NO make me right Ayers to KC FCK!! Bal take Ayers would be cool dont think they lookin that way either. Hearing that KC threads are SCREAMING for Ayers to slip to them....

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,355
    Saints. Still, the way Jordan fell makes me wonder.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Carpenter to the Seahawks, wow, REACH
    What happened to Carimi?????

13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Shocker! Not even in my top 50 players. I had him tabbed as a 3rd round pick!

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Ayers to KC. Ingram to NE.

15. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    baltimore trading??

16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    jeez stfu RICH... someone is coming up for their GUY. Hope its someone for Ayers, I dont want KC fans to get the guy they want. They got that last year with Arenas.

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    o damn wtf Bal pandoring... cant get their pick traded in time so they hurrying in a pick before KC can?

18. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Hell yea suck it KC fans no AYers for you.

19. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Damn NE for doing it again, but YEA I had Ingram in the right selection. Jus not the team. Ingram and Ivory!!! Bush who?

20. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Ok so alot of players slipped. Ayers imo is a great steal for NE at 33 tommorow.

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Chargers did what they needed to do in selecting a good DE to fill the system

22. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +116
    all 32 teams in this draft all got together and done some major LSD cause they are tripping, half of the people were picked to high, or werent susspose to be in teh first at all

23. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Bowers not being picked was a shocker!

24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Think the Chargers made one of the smartest picks, this wasn't LSD based like Nate Solder or Aldon Smith or James Carpenter etc.

25. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,355
    Thought he had a bad knee?

26. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    He does... and this pretty much confirms that the fears that the injury was a bone-on-bone injury (i.e. he has no meniscus/cartilage between the joint). This effectively means that the joint will continue to degrade as he plays because it will slowly self-destruct... literally. You can't replace a meniscus or cartilage. So basically no one was going to invest a 1st round contract into Bowers with all the guaranteed monies entails because he has the potential to not even be able to play out a full 5-year contract in the league - and may be a very likely candidate to not play past his first contract unless used very sparingly and catching a lot of breaks in his career. This is actually a worse injury to have than a ligament tear because it's not reparable. Just really terrible luck for the guy.

27. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,401
    So, AJ will target him in the 2rd round then? ;)

28. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Was he higher on my personal big board? Yes. Was Liuget really that far behind? No. I had Jordan at 12th high and Liuget at 19th high. It's a 7-pick disparity and within one pick of actual draft position. Jordan was also ranked as highly because of his versatility both in 4-man lines as well as 3-man lines which was greater versatility than Liuget possessed; and I believe in drafting for upside as much as safety. Honestly, Liuget is the "safer" pick in my estimation - he won't be as flashy as Jordan might have been, but he'll be more equipped day one to keep LB's clean.

The comparison in terms of the line that Manusky worked iwth last year in San Francisco. Jordan would have been Justin Smith - the slightly undersized, high motor, great technique guy who would be more likely to wreak havoc in the backfield but is less likely to demand a double-team every play. Liuget is more Isaac Sopoaga - a rather undersung part of SF's line who was one of the main reasons why Smith was getting free to make plays so often because Sopoaga was too much of a brute force to leave one on one with a tackle (even a stronger RT) and teams couldn't afford to not double NT Aubrayo Franklin.

I get that everyone wants every 1st round pick to be a Pro Bowler, but that's not reality. Liuget possesses the stuff to help "create" other pro bowlers (not saying I see that in English - I still think he likely doesn't amount to much more than a run of the mill starter at best) by doing the dirty work in the trenches. And that is still worth a mid-1st if you get a 8-10 year effective starter out of it.

29. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Doubt it. If AJ wanted him he'd probably have taken him in the 1st.

I'll be honest, I'll be really surprised if Bowers last longer than 3 years in the league. That type of injury (I don't know to what severity/amount the area of bone-to-bone touching is, but any amount is bad news) almost always results in a physician recommending joint-replacement and it can snowball FAST.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Comforting to see the usual suspects panning this pick.

Liuget is nasty. Strong base, stout first punch, relentless, & very good stamina for a man his size. Just the type of no-nonsense attitude that this DL needs. Glad to see that AJ listened to Manusky. Our 'backers will love this pick. No one left on the board at 18 has the type of mean streak that Liuget will bring. He & Garay will hopefully infuse some of the rest of these pussies with that same nastiness. Screw finesse - Liuget isn't nearly as talented as Suh, but he definitely plays with the same desire to overwhelm opponents.

I just hope that AJ continues to listen to Manusky today as well.

And damn - Detroit is building one scary as hell defense. Sleep tight, Cu-n-tler.