1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Playoff Game Day Thread: Chargers @ Broncos - 1/12

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Chargefwd

Chargefwd BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    I have to agree with you. Should have turned the Rivers and the receivers loose earlier knowing that Mathews was not returning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    I think anyone that's complaining about the D is nuts. They made Peyton work for everything. That's all you can ask for. There's the one dropped pick by Wright that was a killer, but they played hard. Denver is the highest scoring offense in the history of the league for a reason.

The first half offensive performance and the first half playcalling is what cost us this game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Are you drunk? The D is not out there to score points. They held the highest scoring offense in league history to 24, despite the offense doing nothing in the first half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    NT, CB and OG are my top 3. Followed closely by OLB and WR.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +104
    Seahawks look like the team to beat. New England would have a better chance than Denver.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I hate Denver...I also hate Eli...would it hurt Eli if his brother got another ring? hmmmm got to think about that one.
    If hatred doesn't win my vote (still pending) then I'm going Seahawks!

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    This is almost worse than having to kiss your aunt and she has a bigger mustache.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chargefwd

Chargefwd BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    After watching the Brady Bunch totally dismantle the Colts today, Denver better get their A Game on.. I'd like to see the Pats Send the niners home...Again..

9. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +193
    Bummer loss but season exceded my expectations, and got the Norv stink off! Good bye until draft!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +121
    Nfl history has shown . great defense is the best offense. If we could have frazzled manning like week 15 we would have ran away. The d gave up huge runs. And let the broncos move the chains on 3rd down. This is a game where if we would have had consistent pressure we could have controlled the game. The defense let me dwn personally aside from addaee.

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    The only real difference between this game and when we faced them in week 15....is it took 45 minutes for us to start moving the ball.

The defense folded on that last drive, but it never should have been a 3 possession game in the first place.

12. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Exactly. Denver put up 20 in the last game, 24 in this one. Not that big of a difference at all.

13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    The defense could not have "controlled" the game with the offense going scoreless for the first three quarters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +238
    Exactly. Consider they held the broncos to 17 in 3 quarters, it's a shame Rivers and the offense didn't score. You give Brees and Brady that and they'll put at least 24 and pull the game away let. Rivers definitely needs to start bringing his A game more in Playoff games. He was mediocre today.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    The team that played the best won. I wont be losing any sleep over it and damn, even the sun is shining outside.

16. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,509
    I have to disagree....... the game plan was faulty, not Rivers. When they opened things up, the offense took off. Blame McCoy and the Whizzer, not Philip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +317
    UGH.....the dropped pick down by the goal line.....Fluker not blocking.....20 yards passing in the first half.....Mathews hurt again...er...still hurt I guess....3rd and 17.....stupid penalties.....and so on....etc......UGH...
    And to think we still had a shot up to the very end.....:confused: :(
    WTF was that??!! Kinda what the year was about I guess.
    Bad play calling in the first half (was Wizzer in on an interview or something??). :poop:
    I guess I should just be happy we got into the playoffs the way we did.
    I gonna have some high expectations going into next year...McCoys' second run at it...definitely better be in the playoffs. :unsure:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Rivers can't excel if they don't let him throw the ball. In the first half, he was 5/8 for 20 yards, and he was sacked three times. Totally not his fault. The first possession of the second half they were on the move and Ladarius Green dropped a perfect pass on third and long that would have netted a first down. They scored on the rest of their 2nd half possessions. Rivers played awesome when they finally gave him the reins. He's not to blame for the playcalling.

19. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Yeah, Rivers posted a QBR of 115 and threw 2TDs despite being sacked 4 times. He played great.