1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

*** OFFICIAL Ravens @ Chargers GameDay Thread ***

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Sep 20, 2009.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    shoulda run it on third down

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    ok for those who want norv's head - think about how sproles had been performing? think about who missed their block and let ray lewis in? ray gets ANYONE to block him and sproles gets the yards he needs.

frankly i'm impressed with how hard our team played despite everything they've been thru this week - going from healthy to losing as many as we have in 6 days was brutal but they dug deep and they played hard against one hell of a football team.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Offense= poor play calling, poor coaching, poor player discipline.

Defense= poor preparation took too long to adjust ie coaching,poor player discipline.

4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The Charger pulling guard that gave Lewis the clean hit....well...what can you say?

Tough loss...especially with Rivers haing a 400 yard day.

5. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    no it wasn't that play was a fake pass/draw, that crap today was a 25 dive, the most basic offensive play in the game.
    a risky trick only works once and a while norv, don't do it twice and expect it to work.
    PR has his career day and we take the ball out'a his hands when the game is on the line???? WTF?????????

6. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127

YAH EXCEPT IT'S THE RAIDERS DEFENSE AND THIS IS THE ****ING RAVENS DEFENSE.

Naane try to get us the TD and run out of balance, 51 just never gave on the play and tackled him from the back.

Rivers has a 400 yard game and you run it up the gut with a lurking ray lewis.

UMMM SORRY but that doesn't make to much damn sense.

7. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Offense= poor play calling, poor coaching, poor player discipline.:tdown:

Defense= poor preparation took too long to adjust ie coaching,poor player discipline.:tdown:

8. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,684
    And is ONE lineman had made his block even made Ray hesitate Sproles gets loose. So how is that a bad play call?

What if it'd been a pass play and Ray ran right thru and sacked PR? is that Norv;s fault too?

9. ChargersHooligan_22

ChargersHooligan_22 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    i like ur style buddy

10. ChargersHooligan_22

ChargersHooligan_22 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    i like ur style buddy.

positives came from this game. just gotta iron it out.

long season. weak division. dont stress folks.

11. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    I agree. As frustrating as the loss is, we had good pass protection from a patchwork line and closed up some of the defensive gaps in the second half. And no one else got hurt...

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yes I wondered where our run game was in the second half. We didn't mix it up enough. Bennet made a couple good runs in the first half, we should have used him more in the 2nd.

Well actually I missed watching the 3rd quarter, so maybe I missed some good run plays there.

I guess I'm so upset because this was a close game. We could have won if we didn't get those penalties and maybe ran the ball more.

Congrats to the Ravens, and congrats to the Chargers for playing well while we were missing so many key players due to injuries.:tup:

Still sad about this loss though.:icon_sad:

13. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Look at the replay, there were two other Raven's coming if Ray wouldn't of made the tackle.

It was two yards, can Rivers not throw the slant?

They showed blitz!!! Screen pass would of been perfect.

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :tup:

15. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    This defense bugs the hell out of me. Yeah you lose Jamal. So what. You still have the strength of the defense intact. We get only 1 sack again. 2 in 2 games. Still can't stop the running game and can't get off the field.

2nd half was better. But Rivera needs to do a better job preparing and adjusting during games. Otherwise he needs to get the hell out of here.

16. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Good game, We just need to capitalize in the redzone and get TD's not fg's. Team fought hard, the play calling in the redzone is a little annoying. We have Huge wr's throw a fade or something.

and Please get rid of this P. Rivers, roll-out play it is a waste of a down.

Defense has too many issues, no pressure, can't stop the run. Safety are awful.

17. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,684
    That play call was a risk, but with the way Sproles had been playing and the fact that we were passing non-stop throwing in a run like that isn't as outrageous as some would like to believe. Certainly not a fireable offense :p

If the lineman responsible for that blown coverage had even been in the area Sproles could get 2 yards.

Listen you want someone to blame? Blame Legs for trying to get fancy instead of a 1st down. Blame Philip for throwing a stupid int which gave the Raven's 7 more points. Blame the defense for not stopping the run. Blame the refs for that play clock debacle. There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss.

You can assume that the play you would have called would have worked and we'd be dancing in the streets all you want but when a probowl and future HoFer runs uncontested thru the line at the ball it's a player not executing that's to blame. Not the coach.

18. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127

There are various components to the loss no doubt, I just don't think, with the type of drive Rivers was having, to just suddenly re open the run on 4 and 2.

Our guys played hard. Even the defense in the 2nd quarter. I feel we deserved it..

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    The frustrating part of this game is how we didn't utilize the size of our WR's in the redzone. Our WR's had what,,,,,6-7 inch height advantage? How do we not use that all those times at the goal line? That has to be the most troubling part of the game to me.

20. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Any of you *******s have something to say to me? Grow a god damn pair and say it to my face and not behind some random unknown no one is following you screen name on twitter.

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    What happened?

22. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    Wow, where did THAT come from? :icon_huh:

23. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Uhh why would you think it'd been someone from this board..?

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Probably because the guy came from out of the blue with a post to here that didnt fit anything she put on Twitter?

25. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,684
    just someone sending me some rude/obnoxious msgs about my posts here. don't know who but they know who they are RP or random visitor. really lame and really cowardly.

fyi - while I'm not all doom and gloom and rdy to fire norv over the loss i'm still not f'ing happy about it. but i'm not going to give up and jump off the deep end over a game i expected to be a battle. i've been a charger fan for too long and thru too many crappy seasons to jump off the wagon now :p

26. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    KyleProBowler?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Who knows. Another fan that cant handle a tough loss. :icon_shrug:

28. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,684
    exactly and now the name isn't showing up on twitter anymore - i'm outta here, need to chill out and go get a hug or 10 from the honey. losing sucks :(

29. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,898
    4th and 2, game over if you don't make the first down, QB throws for 400+ yards but the running game isn't working.....run up the gut.

[​IMG]

30. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    True. There was the one pass to Naane at the goal line, but was nicely defended by the Ravens CB who got a hand on it as Legs came down. But that's the only catchable WR pass I can recall that was thrown over the CBs.