1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

*** OFFICIAL Ravens @ Chargers GameDay Thread ***

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Sep 20, 2009.

1. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    I don't have the technical expertise so many of you have, but I would like to say, I was disappointed in the play calling and Norv's seeming lack of confidence in the team near the end of the 4th quarter. Not going for it with time left, was almost unforgiveable.

The team has lots of work to do, that's for sure. But I think we can overcome it, if Norv gives them the chance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    What a tough loss that was. We battled hard and came close to pulling another one out despite the mistakes that were made. Philip can't be throwing to the other team and we need a healthy LT back in the game. Our defense needs to tighten up and get with it from the start of the game.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,617
    We need a new O-line + D-line so bad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Q for Mutha Fugging T

and Signed. :tup: :yes: :icon_toast:

5. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'm happy for the way our players hung in there despite the odds against them. As soon as our D get's going we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    I believe they are a force to be reckoned with right now. This wasnt a pop warner team, it was the Ravens whom many pick to be in the AFC Championship game. They are a good team, and with missing kep players we still took them down to the wire.

Anyone who thinks the season is over is knee jerking so bad their legs are gonna fall off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    No denying that. But they are not going to face teams like the Ravens all year. We have tough games ahead of us, but I still see 11 or 12 wins as a strong posibility.

Time will tell if I am just puking kool aid, while wearing my powder blue galsses or if I am not letting emotions run away with me...

8. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I agree with you, but, our D needs to get out of the blocks much quicker than they have the past couple games.

9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    We'll face our share of tough teams, Stillers come to mind. We'll be in the hunt at the seasons end I know that.

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +631
    How many delay of game penalties did we have?!? That was just unacceptable.

Primary reason we lost the game imo.

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    We did not play to our potential and lost a game to an excellent and talented team.

Norv is continuing to do all the things that have made him a laughing stock of a head coach. It sucks, but there's only two ways to look at it. You either hope we lose three straight so they fire him mid-season and bring in somebody like Shanarat, or you trust Norv to get it done.

No reason to boo-hoo over this loss. It's early in the year, and it's going to happen more than once... just gotta play a better game next week. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    And a HC... no more denying how horrible Norv is!!!

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Gotta give you a thumbs up on this post :tup: With some pretty major inuries both short term, long term and undetermined term we are holding our own. Unfortunately fell a bit short but it was less then a TD difference, of which is easily fixable. Hey, we had trouble with the Ravens when they had no offense and for our guys to play the way they did banged up and trying to find the right players to plug in, once they do (hopefully .....whoa first play TD for Manning & the Colts.....sorry, no more major injuries) they'll be where they need to be and hopefully at the right time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    The Dolphoons seem to have a very good running game.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Tough loss to a very good team. The Ravens have much more balance than in 2000. We could have & should have beaten them, but I'm not going to piss, moan, & point. There a several very good teams that are 1-1 right now. We're one of them.

Good coaches make adjustments. Ours will respond appropriately - or they won't. A bit too soon to say for me.

We need a lot more hunger in this team & this fan base.

The heartless should get off the bus. You know which group you belong in.

16. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    MMM HMMM.

Let's kill Miami...TWICE (and you know what I mean) :yes:

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yes indeedy. Miami gets crushed in SD & Blacksburg this weekend. :tup: