1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL SECOND PRESEASON RAMS V CHARGERS GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Yeah, but I had to take the shot... :yes:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    we have converted 1 of 10 ths downs this evening..

:barf:

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The next Cromartie? AND he too plays for the Chargers!
    Overall - second & third string lines need to DO SOMETHING or stay off the field this season. Linebacker corps is only good when the line is good. Volek, my adopted Bolt, couldn't finish a drive tonight but I blame it solely on the ****** o-line. Whitehurst did NOT impress me. He made some terrible decisions, (Osgood was freakin' covered twice and he threw it to him), but he could survive. The Rams Defense knew exactly what we were doing and came after it i.e. run left and then check back inside for a hole. Oh! and Duh! When our pro bowlers get to suit up it will be a whole different game.
    Plain and simple. This is is not OUR 2008 team until LT, PR, Chambers, Cromartie, Merriman, Williams, Castillo, Olshansky, Jammer, McNeil, and hopefully Gates get out there. Still, we killed the Cowgirls but lost to the Rams? WTF?

4. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm feeling really good about my adopted Charger up to this point. ;)

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    hey aggieman. How long have you lived in davis. I'm originally from davis calif.. We moved 40 years ago to montana but I still remember alot about davis.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    our d-backfield got better this year with cason. He and weddle and the improvement of the other d-backs should help alot this year. Get a good pass rush and katie bar the door how good this defense will be.

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm goin' to UC Davis this fall and I move up there in September. I can't follow the Chargers as easily so I decided to join up in a forum and I didn't like the way the OFFICIAL forum is run plus I'm really good friends with Bigmike.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,777
    After reading reading through this thread, I don't think, I missed much tonight. I must have needed the sleep or this game just didn't interest me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Well, that was pretty fugly. Glad it's preseason.

Both of our lines sucked *** tonight. Newberry/Withrow & Clary in particular. I don't care if the guy is a healthy Leonard Little - block his ****ing ***!!!!! No running holes, little pass protection. Thankfully PR didn't play. Divens was probably the best DL on the field tonight for us. Applewhite looked good, as did Tucker. Cason with a great return - could be Cro-light. :lol:

Davis had a nice night. Let him return punts & drop Jones. Pinnock should probably start packing - Tolbert wants the job & is playing his way into it.

**** Derek Smith. Waste of roster space, but AJ's pride probably won't let him ax the guy. Wilhelm looks lost. The game is still too fast for Whitey - missed a wide open Banks who, IMO, should find a spot on this roster. Could be OUR Wes Welker. :yes:

Volek is .... serviceable. BIG drop-off after PR. What's Bramlet look like? :icon_shrug:

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Some early in the thread musings :icon_eek: