1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Officially, season is a sellout

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    By Kevin Acee

UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

July 26, 2007
    The Chargers sold out their regular season yesterday, taking just four hours to sell the approximately 10,000 tickets that remained when individual game tickets went on sale at 8 a.m. Team officials were unsure the last time every game was sold out before the season opened, but it's the first time in at least 22 years. Qualcomm Stadium, which had a capacity of 52,000 when it opened in 1967, was expanded to 60,100 seats in 1993, then to 70,000 in 1997.
    “The great news is we'll have all Charger fans there to sit in the seats cheering on our team,” Chief Operating Officer Jim Steeg said.
    Volek in Fantasy Hall
    When a press release from ESPN.com touted the Chargers who were to be inducted into the site's new Fantasy Hall of Fame, it was expected that LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates would be on the list. And they were.
    But Billy Volek?
    It actually is not a surprise when Volek's 2004 season with Tennessee is considered. That year, he took over for the injured Steve McNair and threw for 2,486 yards and 18 touchdowns in 10 games. Volek threw for 492 yards and four touchdowns in one game and 426 and four in another. That qualified him as one of the Hall's “waiver wire wonders.”
    Volek was unaware of the “honor” and laughed when told about it.
    “I had a lot of people come up to me that year and thank me,” he recalled. “They would say, 'You helped me so much.' People would tell me, 'I won my league' or 'You won me so much money.' ”
    Different, same
    Norv Turner said the team will not do the infamous Oklahoma Drill on the first day of full-squad workouts, as was the tradition in five seasons with Marty Schottenheimer as head coach.
    That would appear to be good news for the players, most of whom did not like the drill and considered it to have little to do with football. But Turner said there will be variations of the drill done at different times in camp. Also yesterday, Turner laughed and confirmed that he will not ask Tomlinson to play more in the preseason. Tomlinson did not play a single snap in an exhibition game last year and has just 14 preseason carries in his career.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070726-9999-1s26chnotes.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    People need to watch who they sell their tickets to....

3. super_deluxe

super_deluxe World Class

Ratings:
    +46
    What, like stalking them? :icon_eek:

4. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Well, if it comes down to that, just maybe...can't have Raiders and Broncos and Pats fans here, messing up our cheering! :icon_evil:

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Now we are talking.

For those of you fans who are too young to remember the Chargers Power T-Shirts of the Coryell era, Bolts fans DOMINATED.... I MEAN DOMINATED THE STANDS.

We are finally getting back to when you could hardly find another teams fans in the stands. It was next to impossible to see anything other than a sea of gold Charger Power T-shirts back in the day. No ****.

The fans who remember the welcome home party for the Chargers after the Steelers AFC Championship game know what I am talking about as well.

It is time for the resurrection.

Go Chargers !!!!! :bolt:

6. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    The Q is our house. Nobody else's.

Oldie Out

7. super_deluxe

super_deluxe World Class

Ratings:
    +46