1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Offseason - Classic Charger 1994 moments on Youtube

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jun 19, 2009.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Found a few of these so I wanted to post them for your enjoyment

Natrone Means highlights

Chargers beat the Dolphins at the Murph - AFC Divisional Round

Chargers score and beat the Steelers + Gibsonmania!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Just off the top of my head, these are some of the specific plays that come straight to mind from that season.

Seau catching that fumble/pass from Elway to seal the comeback.

T. Martin's 99 yd. TD Pass.

A Natrone Means TD in NO to seal that win to take us to (6-1?)

Mark Seay catching that TD pass against the Dolphins.

The two TD passes in the AFCCG (T. Martin who made the cover of the newspaper and Popuno who was ignored and rumbled in for a TD).

Of course the Dennis Gibson pass knock down.

Unfortunately, the Rice TD to start the SB.

Andre Coleman's SB KO return.

3. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Hard to believe that was 15 years ago...I was fortunate to be at the Seattle Home game that year (started 6-0 if I member correctly), and the Miami playoff game...I jumped into a fat man's arms I had never met before when Stoyo went wide right!!!

It was such a magical run, the Super Bowl loss was not even an embarrassment....the 3rd game I went to was the regular season loss at home against the Niners...that Steve Young team was unstoppable.

I really believe we can be that kind of team....hopefully we get off to a better start. Rivers will lead us to the Promised Land

http://touchofgod.ytmnd.com/

:abq2::icon_toast::icon_party:

4. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Tom Jackson: "You're looking at a man who has the power of Earl Campbell, but the feet of a much smaller man."

Unfortunately, Means also had the work ethic of a much lazier man. :icon_shrug:

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Dennis Gibson pass knock down. My happiest moment as a Charger fan.:violin:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He had to be at a certain weight and had a set work ethic to keep himself going at that level, I don't think he ever would have been able to keep that up long term (more then three years) even if he had that work ethic.
    But damn he was fun to watch that year

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Why the Hell did we ever get rid of Means, Martain, Ross, and all the guys responsible for that success?!!! :no:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    In Martin's case, it's beacuse he was fronting money for a drug ring.

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Can I ask for some speculation here? Do we have the same type of guys as our '94 team? I mean a perennial pass rusher like Seau, a good role player that was mentioned like Gibson, a good running attack, a good WR corps, and a good QB? I say we have at least 4/5 that I just mentioned, I mean Burnett could be the role player like Gibson, I don't know, all I remember from Burnett was he kept ****ing up things that came up the middle last pre-season.