1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Offseason Moves - How did your team do?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    San Diego Chargers

Article Link

Best move: The situation was untenable. Even though the Chargers had a 14-2 record and won the AFC West, coach Marty Schottenheimer and general manage A.J. Smith could not get along. Smith made the tough decision to fire Schottenheimer and bring in easygoing Norv Turner, who brings in a ton of offensive creativity. If Turner can command this team with aplomb the Chargers should be alright.

Worst move: Letting Donnie Edwards go to Kansas City could lead to a road of regret by the Chargers because he was aggressive and an effective leader. Veteran wideout Keenan McCardell was slow and not very strong, but he made a career of making big plays and holding on to poor throws.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Comments? Agree, disagree?

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    My team did just fine thanks...

As I said in an earlier post...My only concern is that we lost two ILB's...But Cooper has played there a lot and MW, should do just fine.

TBF

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    the best move I think was actually re-signing Dielman, he'll be an important part of this OL for a long while

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I agree w/ Senor Ant. Best move was Dielman. AND getting rid of Donnie. Addition though subtraction. The D just got stronger.

6. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The Ankle Biter is "aggressive" ???

:icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_shrug:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    As aggressive as a chihuahua. About as tough as one too.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Getting Dielman back was quality, but their best move was still getting rid of Marty. Another good one was not going out and wasting cap space on people they didn't need. Standing pat will do wonders for the attitude of the players and keep the chemistry ph positive.