1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ogemdi Nwagbuo Needs Your Help

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

That's right faithful BFTBers, Ogemdi Nwagbuo is asking for your help. He wants more Twitter followers. Not that he's planning on getting in trouble with his Twitter account, he just wants more people to chat with when he's bored (which I'm sure he will be often while rehabbing). He's also tired of hearing the rest of the defense brag about how many Tiwtter followers they have.

So go to OG's Twitter here and follow him. Tweet to all of your San Diego friends to follow him. Grab every man, woman and child you see walking down the street with a Chargers jersey, shirt or hat on and tell them "Follow OG's Twitter!" Besides the fact that you're a Chargers fans, there are legitimate reasons for helping out OG....

1. He's a San Diego native, which means there's a good chance of you bumping into him in the future. Don't you want to say "I follow you on Twitter"? It's much less creepy than "I'm your biggest fan!"
    2. He might just be the future Nose Tackle of the Chargers. If he is, chances are he'll anchor the line for a long time. Wouldn't it be smart to get on his good side?
    3. He's a good Twitterer. Steve Gregory and Jamal Williams have 1 combined tweets since training camp. You don't need to be following them. OG has 11 tweets in the last 5 hours, stating his opinions and chatting up fans.
    4. He'll owe you. Request a specific sack celebration (stanky leg!), find out what he was thinking on a specific play or get him to retweet some info to the masses. Go ahead. He'll owe you.
    5. He had surgery yesterday (I think), and flew to North Carolina to have it done. Not only should you be nice to somebody who just had surgery, but North Carolina in the middle of December is no place for a San Diegan.
    6. Think about BFTB! If we get OG a couple thousand followers, maybe he'll create an account and start commenting. Maybe he'll start writing FanPosts. At the very least, it should get us a few interviews and a friendly face the next time a BFTB writer is in the Chargers locker room.
    7. You'll look smart. If OG is the successor to Jamal WIlliams at the NT, he'll be a star in San Diego. Right now? He's not a star. He's a project. If you've known about him, and have even been following his tweets since his rookie season you'll look like you know everything about the Chargers. You'll also look like you can predict the future.

Getting Ogemdi to Antonio Cromartie's level (20,000+ followers) in a few days may be asking too much, but I see no reason why we can't help him get past Steve Gregory (1,500 followers) and Jamal WIlliams (2,400 followers), up into the range of Luis Castillo (5,800+ followers). We have that kind of audience here. So do what you need to do, and let's build OG a Twitter fanbase.

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Needs your help? Is this a joke? :icon_rofl: Give me a break. If he is bored then he should volunteer in his community. Social networking is for those who did not get enough attention as a kid.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    He also wants you to vote for Castillo to the probowl! :D

Do it. :yes:

4. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    He can come clean the windows around my house and I'll make him a nice spaghetti dinner and we can talk about both being Mt.Miguel alumns.

5. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I went to Mt.Miguel...

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I went to Grossmont

:bolt:

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    The gayness of Twitter keeps expanding.

8. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703

And I'm not going to hold that against you... :lol:

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Ditto. I too attended Soshmont, but only my senior year.

10. Zot

Zot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Hey, I went to Hilltop...sorry, I don't twitter.
    :lol:
    Later

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    His account hasn't been verified. Are we sure this is a legit account?

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Seriously man, not everyone hates twitter. Give it a break.

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    Not a "verified" account per twitter but he chats with other players and they respond - doesn't appear to be shady at all :icon_shrug:

14. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    good enough

15. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    An internet message board is a form of social networking.

Did you not get enough attention as a kid?

Also, how many volunteer programs do you participate in in your community?

16. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Have I been excessively running down Twitter or something? Hell, I hadn't even been to this forum for like a couple months until a little over a week ago. I'm pretty sure that since I came back I haven't said dick about Twitter until now.

People begging other people to follow them on Twitter, counting how many followers they have, that is lame as hell. What a dick I am for sharing my opinion on how retarded it is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Never said you were a dick. Twitter is what it is. Some obviously enjoy it. Before that, all the rage was blogging. Should we go around saying bloggers are gay? I don't think we should, nor should we put down those that enjoy twitter.

BoltTalk has a twitter account. I don't push it on everyone here, but it's used to post Charger related stuff and news about the website. Is that gay? Is BoltTalk part of the "gayness of Twitter"?

Sorry if my tone seemed argumentative. I don't think you're a dick, but I wanted to make a point. Twitter is simply a technology. A new way to communicate over the web. Like blogging before it, it can be used in many different ways.

Oh, and if you'd like to follow BoltTalk on twitter, here's a link: http://twitter.com/bolttalk_com

18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Good deal. Thanks Syd!

19. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703

Who are you and what have you done with Thumper...:lol:

:icon_tease:

20. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I honestly wouldn't give a ****, and would just ignore it if people would just let me.

Problem is that I am bombarded daily with people wanting me to follow them on Twitter. Everybody has a Twitter account and they just have to make sure everyone else knows about it, whether they give a **** or not. People talking about their Twitter account, how many followers, need more followers, blah, blah, blah. It's like a bunch of freaking Amway salesmen, born again Christians, or a cult.

Anyway, I think it's freaking retarded. I mean really, a thread about some guy needing more Twitter followers? Though I don't feel I b*tched about it enough to receive a "give it a break," I'll try my best not to share my disdain for it.

Now let's get back to the endless Norv sucks discussions.

21. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    no SL, tells us how you really feel

22. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I knew there was something I liked about you! :tup:

23. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    What year?

24. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Grossmont represent!!! but i didn't like being there

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The only fundemental difference between twitter and a message board such as this one is that twitter limits you to 140 characters per post and you need to get "followers" for people to read your posts.

Anybody who comes on an internet message board and calls Twitter and people who use it gay (or any other insult of their choosing) is being hypocritical.

It'd be like going to a gay bar then seeing your buddy walk in a half hour later and laughing at him for being in a gay bar.

• Like Like x 1
  26. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    No
    Yes
    Two

27. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Comparing apples to meatloaf.

28. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :no: I have made the same argument. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you believe they are different?

Both are electronic message boards. Nothing much more simple than that.

29. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Sure, on twatter you post your random thoughts and things you are doing like....
    This toilet paper is too hard
    I like orange juice
    I am at the beach
    I am watching Brokeback Mountain while twattering

On a message board it is topic specific (most of the time). You are discussing an interest.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    If it makes you feel better about calling someone who's essentially doing the same thing you're doing here attention deprived, sure.